SJC's Boat Thread

• 2 weeks later...

At least I got the bathroom floor screeded, laid the vinyl flooring and completed the plumbing 1st fix......

ETA: 1st pic is of my new waste tank...........fcuking fleeced for that I'll tell you! :(

post-26673-14089826751074_thumb.jpg

post-26673-14089827105905_thumb.jpg

post-26673-14089827348227_thumb.jpg

post-26673-14089827515107_thumb.jpg

post-26673-14089827783896_thumb.jpg

post-26673-14089827901916_thumb.jpg

Edited by sjc

Kitchen units and wetwalling fitting ready for Joiner this morning..........who never turned up and is now blanking my calls!

Am one fcuked off bunny at the moment.

I had a joiner let me down last week, got a hold of another one today who seemed keen but has changed the time he's coming round twice now. Supposed to be meeting him tomorrow now, coincidentally not a million miles from where you are. Frustrating because its fitting a kitchen and I could probably do it myself but thought getting a pro in would be quicker. If I'd started last week when the first guy let me down I'd probably have finished by now. :(

In summary ALL joiners are now officially bar stewards :guns

I had a joiner let me down last week, got a hold of another one today who seemed keen but has changed the time he's coming round twice now. Supposed to be meeting him tomorrow now, coincidentally not a million miles from where you are. Frustrating because its fitting a kitchen and I could probably do it myself but thought getting a pro in would be quicker. If I'd started last week when the first guy let me down I'd probably have finished by now. :(

In summary ALL joiners are now officially bar stewards :guns

Frustrating as fcuk eh?! It's not actually the joiner I'm pissed off with but his boss.......I wanted the job done in one go as opposed to a long drawn out "homer" so he was organised for this morning only for his boss to change those plans.

Just in case you need to, er, make your money back. ;)

lol.......it's my home! It'll get finished.......hopefully sooner rather than later!

Canalboats actually hold their value pretty well........mine is only 6years old too.

Is that really your boat, sjc? That cost you 40k? Pretty fucking lush, likes - I haven't really read this thread properly - how long do these boats last?

Yeh mate.

The pics at the start of the thread were from last year before I gutted it!

And how long do they last for, cunto? ;)

They have to get surveyed every 4years for their boat safety certificate so require maintenance for that.......some boat on the canal date back to the 70's.

Re: The canal crawl - Are there laws regarding 'drink driving' a barge?

No laws....I had a very "liquid lunch" at the Bridge Inn in Ratho when sailing her through to Edinburgh last year.

4 or 5 rusty nails I think......

Yas!

Hope you got that wheelchair ramp installed, never know who you might pick up along the trip

lol.....I can't believe I'm still getting stick about making a very attractive disabled girl feel good.

I'm all good I am! ;)