SJC's Boat Thread

Careful. Wunf, I wouldn't Crow if I was you - he might take it personal and Sioux ye!

Settle..... bennett is not Apache on tedi.

Aye his attitude was always Mohawk than dove on the BRALT....

Sorry - stretching it a bit now...

Ouch, that was pretty algonquin...

Ouch, that was pretty algonquin...

Native American rhyming slang? Could open up all sorts of possibilities...

Oh, and a wee update on Vicky - Bennett is trailing his "Big Return" (that's a quote, btw :lol:) on the 28th. Unable to keep away, of course, he's been back red-dotting away this afternoon. Lies without even going near the threads - the boy's got some talent!

If you're wondering who that runner on the towpath that shouted and waved at you earlier. That was me.

lol...good man! How did you know it was me? did I look like I was toiling?! ;-)

Heading in for a lunchtime pint or two and whatdayaknow, the biggest houseboat is visiting.

post-23278-0-36207900-1372509879_thumb.j

It's called "The World", folk do live on it all the year, and I think they vote on where to go next.

price to buy a wee room start at $600,000 and its $20 grand a month in fees.

comparable to fountainbridge ?

Heading in for a lunchtime pint or two and whatdayaknow, the biggest houseboat is visiting.

IMAG0001.jpg

It's called "The World", folk do live on it all the year, and I think they vote on where to go next.

Nice vessel.....tad pricey though! Not sure I like stay aboard.....would feel like you were constantly going somewhere!

attachicon.gifIMAG0001.jpg

My auntie and uncle have a suite on there,they bought one before it was built but i dont think it was that much then,they use it a lot,im heading up to phd 2mr for a funeral :( so as i know they are at home ill ask

My auntie and uncle have a suite on there,they bought one before it was built but i dont think it was that much then,they use it a lot,im heading up to phd 2mr for a funeral :(  so as i know they are at home ill ask

For the kind of money quoted you could buy a decent catamaran and hire a skipper to take you where ever you wanted.....that said...I'm sure it's really good on board.

For the kind of money quoted you could buy a decent catamaran and hire a skipper to take you where ever you wanted.....that said...I'm sure it's really good on board.

My uncle made his money and retired at 50 about 20 years ago so i think they like getting waited on hand and foot and quite right too

My uncle made his money and retired at 50 about 20 years ago so i think they like getting waited on hand and foot and quite right too

I wasn't knocking it mate......If you're into cruises (and being waited on hand & foot) it would be ideal.

Good on him for making his money & enjoying it I say :)