Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

Various Codemasters games are on sale until tomorrow. Anyone tried the latest Dirt Rally game? It's a third off but half tempted to wait to see if there's a pre-Christmas sale and it's even cheaper.

Various Codemasters games are on sale until tomorrow. Anyone tried the latest Dirt Rally game? It's a third off but half tempted to wait to see if there's a pre-Christmas sale and it's even cheaper.

Missed this one. Looks like it's still in early access so at the moment probably not worth it. It sounds a lot better than the last 2 but it's not finished yet.

Missed this one. Looks like it's still in early access so at the moment probably not worth it. It sounds a lot better than the last 2 but it's not finished yet.

Took the plunge last night although only got it half downloaded at the moment! Think they're releasing extra bits for free as they go along. Could do with another game at the moment - treading water until the new FM and have, waiting on FIFA coming down a bit in price and done F1 2015 and GRID Autosport to death - so worth a punt.

Anyone play Dayz? Pretty tempted after watching some youtube videos of it. The Berezino Book club vid had me in stitches, it's long as f**k, but I couldn't quite believe what was going on.

It feels like the sort of game I'd regret buying though.

• 1 month later...

It's the big one again. Anyone have anything in particular they're looking to pick up, and do you have a price in mind that would mark the tipping point as to whether or not you'd buy it? I'm not desperate for anything this year, but I might contemplate buying these if the price is right:

Space Quest Collection (if it hit 75% off, which is never does)

Hate Plus (75%)

Double Dragon Trilogy (50%)

Organ Trail - Final Cut (50% - it was 60% on the day before the sale :rolleyes: )

System Shock (75%)

Orion Trail (75%)

Lakeview Cabin Collection (75%)

The Gabriel Knight remake is 75% at the moment, and the Witcher Adventure is 70% so I think I'll have those, but that's probably it for this year. Just as well :P

Anyone play Dayz? Pretty tempted after watching some youtube videos of it. The Berezino Book club vid had me in stitches, it's long as f**k, but I couldn't quite believe what was going on.

It feels like the sort of game I'd regret buying though.

if you mean the standalone and not the mod, avoid the standalone at all costs. 2 years in Alpha development and its not even reached the same level as the mod, much less improved anything from the mod. If you can get Arma 2 and its Operation Arrowhead expansion for dirt cheap then you can follow guides online how to set up the mod and you will have a far better experience for a fraction of the price

if you mean the standalone and not the mod, avoid the standalone at all costs. 2 years in Alpha development and its not even reached the same level as the mod, much less improved anything from the mod. If you can get Arma 2 and its Operation Arrowhead expansion for dirt cheap then you can follow guides online how to set up the mod and you will have a far better experience for a fraction of the price

Got them for a 5er so will give that a bash.

Basically, Steam are having major page cache issues and going on to it puts you on some randoms account which apparently gives access to your card details etc. Apparently the safest bet is just not to log on. I have no idea why they haven't shut it down though.

Basically, Steam are having major page cache issues and going on to it puts you on some randoms account which apparently gives access to your card details etc. Apparently the safest bet is just not to log on. I have no idea why they haven't shut it down though.

Was looking at Star Wars Battlefront and the page came up in German... and my wishlist (Wunschliste) only had three instead of five items.

Arma 2, though, needs a fairly beefy setup to play at any decent quality

Lisa, Life is Strange, Age of Empires 2 HD, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Company of Heroes 1 full pack.

Not bad considering I have 2 small kids and therefore about 10 minutes free per day. Had to fight myself over a few other purchases, namely the Fallout series.

Edited by banana