The Only Way Is.... The Vu

I've been to the vu once, doesn't count tho cos it was for the blues bonanza. Rooms all the way, only club u might get good music in. Fatties and liquid are the cattle markets which are fine I'd that's what ur in the mood for.

Why anyone our age would go near the Union (or Fatties, or Liquid, or Underground) when The Reading Rooms exists must have one of life's great unanswered questions

SimonLichtie Kens, Kid Twist Kens, NotThePars Kens, thisGRAEME Kens, invergowrie arab Kens and Tamdunk certainly fucking Kens.

Naeb'dy else Seems To Ken. The Rooms wins this battle hands down. Despite having some very good nights in Liquid (or the other 'big' clubs in Dundee), there are simply too zoomers for the place to be a regular haunt. Due to me no longer being a student, my attendance in The Union also just feels wrong, although was always good for a cheap night.

#roomsnotzooms

Due to me no longer being a student, my attendance in The Union also just feels wrong, although was always good for a cheap night.

This is also true. It's alright if there's a group of you all going back to lay down the law about who kens and who doesn't, but I was in with 4-5 folk last time I was there and despite only being a couple of years older, I felt like the shitest Fonzy the world has ever seen.

(For reference, if you've not seen someone spew pure #mdece2020 into a bucket in the back rooms, written your name on a wall in a cellar, got your name in gold on the wall, or ridden a dinghy down the stairs, you don't fucking ken, gtfo my building.)

This is also true. It's alright if there's a group of you all going back to lay down the law about who kens and who doesn't, but I was in with 4-5 folk last time I was there and despite only being a couple of years older, I felt like the shitest Fonzy the world has ever seen.

(For reference, if you've not seen someone spew pure #mdece2020 into a bucket in the back rooms, written your name on a wall in a cellar, got your name in gold on the wall, or ridden a dinghy down the stairs, you don't fucking ken, gtfo my building.)

i was in at the end of this term just for some nostalgic bantz. despite being a tender 29 i still felt like an absolute savile.

Is anyone old enough to remember when The Vu was called Brannigans?

It was cheesy as f**k, even more so than the Vu. They regularly had all manner of has beens playing gigs there. Right Said Fred, Limahl, Howard Jones etc. I was at a Leo Sayer gig there one time. Leo invited some bint up on stage to dance with him, some guy tried to get on the stage too, the bouncers pushed him off, next there was total mayhem as the guy and his mates started fighting the bouncers. I never dreamed that a Leo Sayer gig could be so violent. :lol:

At the end of each night all the bar staff had to get on stage and perform a dance routine.

I agree with the others, The Rooms is the only decent club in Dundee. Although these days with so many pubs staying open, like Dukes or Clarks, I don't bother with clubs anymore.

Headway is a class night at the Rooms.

Fatties is good for a laugh, normally get some alright birds in there too.

My dad goes to the Deja.

Went to Headway for KiNK's live set back in March. Was a class night. Bleep and Book Club are two other quality nights. The student nights on the Thursday's are definitely the best way to experience Rooms though as they're always rammed due to the cheap drinks, entry and the organisers generally knowing loads of people.