The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Captain Sensible is a great poster. He also is actually pretty knowledgable about football - some of the long ball threads were excellent discussions.

The stuff about sixth biggest club in Scotland, bigoted cheats, Duke of Cumberland - classics. It's like when you go and see ACDC and they play Whole Lotta Rosie.

Also, he went to the Fives a few years ago and the photographs showed that he looks a bit like Andy Millen.

Captain Sensible in full flight- ripping the 'Stoolmen' over some cup game in the seventies, manically defending 'Gusball' or trolling about Danny Lennon, was a great pleasure to read. :D

I kind of agree with Desert Nomad though, by the time I really noticed him he was already on the wane, according to others who knew him better, and was a total one trick pony. A bit like the big chair these days.

Does all this beast talk hinge on standfree's hilarious over reaction to a 16 year old lad having sex with the 15 year old girl he was going out with from school?

Indeed it is. The boys a complete lunatic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Indeed it is. The boys a complete lunatic.

It's not lunacy that springs to mind...

Being born early in the year in January I also carried out sex crimes for nearly 10 months in my more formative years. Who'd have thought it?

Captain Sensible in full flight- ripping the 'Stoolmen' over some cup game in the seventies, manically defending 'Gusball' or trolling about Danny Lennon, was a great pleasure to read. :D

I kind of agree with Desert Nomad though, by the time I really noticed him he was already on the wane, according to others who knew him better, and was a total one trick pony. A bit like the big chair these days.

He is a lightweight and always has been, in terms of the forum, in real life he is a hefty bloater.

Sensibles best era was during our first division years of this place. He had the Dundee fans in tatters, he had Falkirk fans in bits and he used to keep that Radford bloke going in a stat off. It was all good fun. He is definitely top five, has to be.

It's not lunacy that springs to mind...

Being born early in the year in January I also carried out sex crimes for nearly 10 months in my more formative years.  Who'd have thought it?

People under the age of 16 (in Dundee) have sex.

Who'd have thunk it?

People under the age of 16 (in Dundee) have sex.

Who'd have thunk it?

We should drop a nuclear bomb on Dundee to save the children from this BEAST-craft

We should drop a nuclear bomb on Dundee to save the children from this BEAST-craft

There's actually a neat wee website that simulates any type of nuclear attack on any part of Google maps.

There's actually a neat wee website that simulates any type of nuclear attack on any part of Google maps.

Sweet, would it change much in Dundee. :P

Sweet, would it change much in Dundee. :P

Well the Tsar 100 megaton nuclear fireball would engulf the entirety of Dundee, and the fallout would reach the borders very easily. The extreme north of Scotland would just escape, but I doubt it's taking the wind into account.

I remember a post about how we should be building a Scotland team around Lee Wilkie and Kevin Kyle. As a relative newbie to the site at the time, I was utterly seething about this back to basics/shitfest football philosophy.

Archived