The 50 Most Influential Posters in P&B History

I remember a post about how we should be building a Scotland team around Lee Wilkie and Kevin Kyle. As a relative newbie to the site at the time, I was utterly seething about this back to basics/shitfest football philosophy.

He had the full document produced by that bunch of Norwegians on POMO and the long ball game which he was able to quote. It got so many people wound up beyond belief. Quoting the stats about how goals were scored and how the vast majority come about from mistakes in the opposition half rather than a series of passes and stuff like that. Brilliant.

Random chance!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a post about how we should be building a Scotland team around Lee Wilkie and Kevin Kyle. As a relative newbie to the site at the time, I was utterly seething about this back to basics/shitfest football philosophy.

His 'Gusball' posts, which would run probably to six closely typed leather-bound volumes if printed, ran along exactly the same lines and had the purists and Gus-haters choking with rage.

:D

He had the full document produced by that bunch of Norwegians on POMO and the long ball game which he was able to quote. It got so many people wound up beyond belief. Quoting the stats about how goals were scored and how the vast majority come about from mistakes in the opposition half rather than a series of passes and stuff like that. Brilliant.

Random chance!

His 'Gusball' posts, which would run probably to six closely typed leather-bound volumes if printed, ran along exactly the same lines and had the purists and Gus-haters choking with rage.

:D

:lol: This is why he was in my top five. Either he believed it fully, or he sold it well. Either way, it was fantastic.

One is a fat bloke called John. The other is a thin bloke called Andy.

Where does that leave you Sid?

If it's good enough for Celtic fans, you Buddies are all St Sid.

Where does that leave you Sid?

If it's good enough for Celtic fans, you Buddies are all St Sid.

As I recall, you were one of the Motherwell fans he baited into coming here. You still seem to be utterly raging at him, which shows why he is still influential even though he doesn't post much at all now.

Whether Div requested it or not I have no idea, but St Sid definitely went from board to board winding people up and linking them back to P&B. It was incredibly successful!

Always wondered who Div's alias was.. :whistle

Captain Sensible, Lord Haw Haw and Miles Brookson were the three posters referenced by Cosgrove in his Daily Record column, the first time I had heard of Pie and Bovril. So I'd vote for those three if I could be arsed.

Captain Sensible is like a band who used to be brilliant, but should have pissed off ages ago because they're just fucking tedious now.

Yet folk still talk about him even though he has barely posted for about three years now.

That defines influential on here.

Folk were describing him just as you have since his "Loser Totten" days in the late nineties.

St Sid was/is excellent, his Purpleheid patter during the Falkirk Stadium debacle was really funny. He even went on a political debate show on STV and asked the panel about Falkirk Council and the stadium issue.

Re: The most influential posters you cannot really have that debate as the forum has changed so much - post twitter its really lost its way and its relevance.

All the gifs, ^^^^^^^^, Verge of tears etc.....

I guess so...just he hasn't been influential for quite a while now, as his wind-ups just don't work anymore...he has come back and tried a few times but it's been a bit like watching George Best play for Dunstable Town at the end of his career.

VT still manages to have loads of people massively wound up even though he has been following the same simple MO for about six or seven years. His destruction of the breath-takingly stupid 'Livi Away Crew' posters was one of the funniest demolition jobs of all time- I think that thread is still in Gold.

During the season he has up to a dozen middle aged men spending most of their Saturday night on the first division forum, furiously pressing F5 just in case he turns up, and makes a post about the Morton game. Sensible hasn't been at that level for years.

Yet folk still talk about him even though he has barely posted for about three years now.

That defines influential on here.

Folk were describing him just as you have since his "Loser Totten" days in the late nineties.

Can't really talk for back then. Can't deny his influence either, but I've soured on him. It's only really the morons that bite to his shite these days, and he's treated with much more ignorance than I can remember.

As I recall, you were one of the Motherwell fans he baited into coming here. You still seem to be utterly raging at him, which shows why he is still influential even though he doesn't post much at all now.

Funnily enough and not for the first time, you recall wrong.

I appeared when SFO went to shit.

1285302121_long-jump-fail.gif

Archived