The Top 50 Worst Posters In P&B History

He'd probs slap me about too much, and I need this pretty face to seduce 9/10s. #marbs #slapabout #dece

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

That's a rather optimistic use of the word "pretty".

"Murine" would be more apt, I feel.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously just my school then. I refuse to believe that everyone else was in a class full of sobbing people when they heard. How did they all react to the tsunami? Rwanda? The Iranian earthquake etc?

Obviously just my school then. I refuse to believe that everyone else was in a class full of sobbing people when they heard. How did they all react to the tsunami? Rwanda? The Iranian earthquake etc?

What about the Massacres in Sri Lanka, honey?

Good question! Were there tears all round as the army slaughtered thousands of innocents?

Come on, Bryce. There are a lot more important problems than Sri Lanka to worry about.

A huge difference between false and sentimental displays of emotion and actively celebrating a terrorist atrocity with huge human cost.

I'm actually inclined to agree with Stand Free here, I think an embarrassing drink fuelled post in the wee hours that a poster immediately tries to disown reveals a lot more about their character than 1000's of the standard image projection guff we all dabble in.

I suppose being "box office" has its drawbacks. People dragging up a quote like that from two years ago is pretty feeble IMO, particularly when the guy has apologised repeatedly. It would be easy to find old most by many different posters and cast them up (eg the behaviour of certain people towards the pacman guy) but there's a huge difference between making a passing reference and turning it into a witch hunt.

Also if people want to adopt the moral high ground maybe they should ask Div to remove the Dead Pool thread - a "Pinned" thread by the way. After all I'm sure the friends and relatives of those named in the pool would be upset by the fact that people were wagering (though I know there is no tangible prize) as to when their loved ones shuffled off their mortal coils.

I suppose being "box office" has its drawbacks. People dragging up a quote like that from two years ago is pretty feeble IMO, particularly when the guy has apologised repeatedly.

He's held his hands up to his drunken 'cock teasing' nonsense but I've not seen any holding his hands up to the 9/11 nonsense. He was still revelling in it a couple of weeks ago on the independence thread. Not that there is any onus on him or anyone on here to apologise for anything they post but no great surprise that in the 'Top 50 worst posters' thread people are mentioning an absolutely horrific, eye bleeding post like xbl's twin towers moment.

Come on, Bryce. There are a lot more important problems than Sri Lanka to worry about.

Like america apparently. Much more important. After all, those people were white! I never knew anyone connected to it, why should I have been bothered? The atmosphere in my school was one of excitement rather than horrified tears.

I suppose being "box office" has its drawbacks. People dragging up a quote like that from two years ago is pretty feeble IMO, particularly when the guy has apologised repeatedly. It would be easy to find old most by many different posters and cast them up (eg the behaviour of certain people towards the pacman guy) but there's a huge difference between making a passing reference and turning it into a witch hunt.

Also if people want to adopt the moral high ground maybe they should ask Div to remove the Dead Pool thread - a "Pinned" thread by the way. After all I'm sure the friends and relatives of those named in the pool would be upset by the fact that people were wagering (though I know there is no tangible prize) as to when their loved ones shuffled off their mortal coils.

Apparently celebrating dead people is okay in this instance, but not others. Anyone know if there is a number which marks the threshold?

Apparently celebrating dead people is okay in this instance, but not others. Anyone know if there is a number which marks the threshold?

I really don't think that making macabre predictions equates to high-fiving your Dad because a building collapsed.

Giving a massacre in Sri Lanka little attention is not the same thing as actively celebrating such an event either, btw.

Like america apparently. Much more important. After all, those people were white! I never knew anyone connected to it, why should I have been bothered? The atmosphere in my school was one of excitement rather than horrified tears.

You're missing the issue Bryce.

We have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

I really don't think that making macabre predictions equates to high-fiving your Dad because a building collapsed.

Giving a massacre in Sri Lanka little attention is not the same thing as actively celebrating such an event either, btw.

What high fiving? There were never any high fives. People love to invent a mythology around me.

It was exciting news when we heard about it in school, a plane hijack, buildings hit, sounded like a film! If it had happened somewhere else the jokes would have come rolling in.

And I see active celebrations on the deadpool. And what about when maggie died? Or is that different?

You're missing the issue Bryce.

We have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Bryce?

What high fiving? There were never any high fives. People love to invent a mythology around me.

It was exciting news when we heard about it in school, a plane hijack, buildings hit, sounded like a film! If it had happened somewhere else the jokes would have come rolling in.

And I see active celebrations on the deadpool. And what about when maggie died? Or is that different?

Sorry - I've checked back and you only said you 'cheered the footage of the towers collapsing' and 'I remember us laughing and celebrating because the Americans finally got hit' - not exactly a major leap to say 'high-fiving' but you're correct that you didn't say that.

And of course Maggie dying is different - people had an active reason to hate her. She wasn't just a random office worker, or a fireman, or a police officer who happened to be of a certain nationality (or not, given the heteregeneity in the WTC).

Archived