Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

If the marchers were to do the entire route on space hoppers I may have to revisit my opposition to flagrant bigotry.

How about yogic flying? Or is that a no-no in the reformed faiths?

You're massively generalising. I assume you're just trolling but still.

Erm no I'm not. There are no significant communities in the failed statelet that haven't been involved in harbouring, funding or promoting the interests of bigots and terrorists. It really is stretching all credibility to argue that it is the work of an extreme minority - there are extreme minorities in every country. Only in those where the wider community supports the medieval garbage of the terrorists and openly aids them with funds, safe-houses and recruits does terrorism flourish.

Which is why Norn Ireland is up there with tribal Pakistan and Somalia as the scummiest cesspools on the face of the planet, despite the desperate whitewashing of exiled Norn Irish and plastics like yourself on this forum.

add in the roman catholic church and muslims and we would be well on the road to civilization.

Yep, we've got to get them in, too. Thing is, thousands of folk of different faiths live together and have done for god knows how long. Britain's officially-sanctioned KKK seems to bring out the worst in lots of people.

Edited by Dr Koop

Erm no I'm not. There are no significant communities in the failed statelet that haven't been involved in harbouring, funding or promoting the interests of bigots and terrorists. It really is stretching all credibility to argue that it is the work of an extreme minority - there are extreme minorities in every country. Only in those where the wider community supports the medieval garbage of the terrorists and openly aids them with funds, safe-houses and recruits does terrorism flourish.

Which is why Norn Ireland is up there with tribal Pakistan and Somalia as the scummiest cesspools on the face of the planet, despite the desperate whitewashing of exiled Norn Irish and plastics like yourself on this forum.

Again I'm assuming you're trolling.

I don't really understand why you see me as a plastic anything. I am mostly muscle fibre, tissue and water. Tough times buddy-o.

I never said it was the work of an extreme minority, you seem to have severely jumped the gun.

However, you suggested that the entire population of Northern Ireland was actively involved in conflict or "supported" one side or the other.

A frankly stupid as f**k generalisation.

My Dad grew up in Northern Ireland and was severely sick of the antagonism of both sides. He just wanted to get on with his life.

You suggesting that everyone was involved is untrue and that's what I was saying.

Also (and you definitely were trolling here) Northern Ireland is not a "failed statelet" by any stretch of the imagination.

Again I'm assuming you're trolling.

However, you suggested that the entire population of Northern Ireland was actively involved in conflict or "supported" one side or the other.

Well, he hasn't suggested that at all, and why would he be trolling? Everything he has said is perfectly correct.

No I didn't: I stated that every significant community in Northern Ireland supported and was actively involved with one side of bigots and terrorists or the other. An indisputable fact.

My Dad grew up in Northern Ireland and was severely sick of the antagonism of both sides. He just wanted to get on with his life.

Nobody cares about your less than touching and all too convenient family anecdote, champ. Unfortunately for Norn Irish apologists, individuals don't exist in a vacuum detached from the larger community - it is certain that your dad was friends, neighbours, family members or work colleagues with those who tacitly or actively supported medieval hatred and terrorism in your failed statelet. And said nothing.

Not quite the heroic defiance angle you were spinning for.

Edited by vikingTON

Well, he hasn't suggested that at all, and why would he be trolling? Everything he has said is perfectly correct.

He said bombings and terrorist atrocities were "carried out to the unmitigated glee of its population". In other words the entire population of Northern Ireland loves the conflict so much as to feel glee.

He also said that there are "no significant communities" who haven't been actively involved in terrorism. He toned it down slightly that time by suggesting that although not everyone supported terrorism almost everyone did. Even that is massively untrue and a generalisation.

I assume he is trolling because he seems intelligent but is coming out with unfounded opinions like these.

Maybe it's just his way of getting his point across - by over exaggerating it and being aggressive. Who fucking knows.

Either way not everything he has said has been correct.

Adios.

The Orange Order seem more concerned about their own rights, as opposed to the rights of hundreds of thousands of people they disrupt. Maybe a compromise could be reached, that could see them hold their so called carnival at a large open area such as Glasgow Green. The police object to Friday evening football due to resources, yet they find Scottish police officers to police these events, in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Edited by onlyonestarmatters

Probably a stupid question but why are the Scottish government so keen to charge people for this bile at football matches but happily allows it to March through our streets?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

No I didn't: I stated that every significant community in Northern Ireland supported and was actively involved with one side of bigots and terrorists or the other. An indisputable fact.

Nobody cares about your less than touching and all too convenient family anecdote, champ. Unfortunately for Norn Irish apologists, individuals don't exist in a vacuum detached from the larger community - it is certain that your dad was friends, neighbours, family members or work colleagues with those who tacitly or actively supported medieval hatred and terrorism in your failed statelet. And said nothing.

Not quite the heroic defiance angle you were spinning for.

Well this is getting stupid. I really hope you're trolling because you seem quite smart.

You said that terrorist atrocities were carried out to the "unmitigated glee of its [Northern Ireland's] population". That is a massive generalisation. The people who's families were murdered in atrocities from both sides would hardly have been jumping for joy let alone feel glee.

Sure I imagine he did know people and could have said something. Perhaps he did. Who knows?

He was actually pretty involved in the Northern Irish punk movement which was pretty anti-conflict. If you listen to the song 'Alternative Ulster' then that might give you an idea.

Anyway my general point is that there certainly was a middle way. You don't need to tar everyone with the same brush which is what you did.

No denying that Northern Ireland has problems but I don't really see how you spouting baseless Shite is going to sort them out.

And Northern Ireland is not my nation I choice. That would be Scotland.

See you later big man.

It has an assembly that has no opposition and it came about because of a sectarian headcount

It takes twice as much in a block grant than it produces

It's capitol city has miles of 'peace walls' to keep it's inhabitants away from each other and the rest of the society is Balkanised as well

I'm curious as to how much worse it has to get before you consider it to be a failed statelet?

I'm not aware of the issues in the assembly.

There's a reasonable standard of living, quality of life and people are relatively prosperous.

There is a National Health Service, working police force and very little corruption.

Actually the 'statelet' side of things seems to be reasonably efficient and stable.

Sure there are social issues but that doesn't make the place a 'failed statelet'.

Probably a stupid question but why are the Scottish government so keen to charge people for this bile at football matches but happily allows it to March through our streets?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Interesting question. Apparently the stuff on the streets is 'political', honest, guv, but at the game it's bigotry.

you've really never left the house have you son?.....as you are such an authority on the political situation here over the years can you just tell us what communities have actually harboured and funded terrorists in Northern Ireland?

Paulo, why can't you be patriotic towards Scotland without having some bizarre complex towards everywhere else. The type of Nationalism which involves reeling off reasons that your country is better than anywhere else is pretty off-putting. That's Northern Ireland, "Southern" Ireland (top insult) and particularly England that I've noticed you seethe towards.

If VT and Paulo were unfortunate enough to be born in a Belfast/Derry housing scheme they'd be angrily lobbing bricks with the rest of them, nap.

true story

my mum thought it was a gay pride march

I mind when Arcade Fire started going on about how cool Scotland is at TITP, because there was an "awesome orange pride walk" outside their hotel, the day before.

Awkward :lol:

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

The police force is a sectarian joke,corruption is rampant,with the First Minister and his wife amongst the worst culprits

The'stability' you speak of comes about because of a bribe from Westminster.What do you think would happen if that money stopped flowing?

It's not going to stop flowing though. You could say that about any area of a developed country (In this case being the UK) in the world. "Yeah but if they stopped the money they'd be fucked" - well yes... But they've not and they are not going to.

Didn't realise the police force was sectarian? In what way?

Also I haven't looked it up but I imagine if you took Northern Ireland individually on the global corruption index it would be nowhere near the top and probably roughly the same as the UK. Compared to real "failed statelets" (if you want to call them that) Northern Ireland will be nowhere near.

Paulo, why can't you be patriotic towards Scotland without having some bizarre complex towards everywhere else. The type of Nationalism which involves reeling off reasons that your country is better than anywhere else is pretty off-putting. That's Northern Ireland, "Southern" Ireland (top insult) and particularly England that I've noticed you seethe towards.

If VT and Paulo were unfortunate enough to be born in a Belfast/Derry housing scheme they'd be angrily lobbing bricks with the rest of them, nap.

I mind when Arcade Fire started going on about how cool Scotland is at TITP, because there was an "awesome orange pride walk" outside their hotel, the day before.

Awkward :lol:

Haha, is caomhin Paulo?

Haha, is caomhin Paulo?

No. Atomic.

I don't mean to be that harsh against the guy as 99% of his opinions in Gen Nonsense match mine and I enjoy his contributions on this part of the forum.

It's just the comparing countries with bullet points thing that I find bizarre and pretty diddyish.

I'm not aware of the issues in the assembly.

There's a reasonable standard of living, quality of life and people are relatively prosperous.

There is a National Health Service, working police force and very little corruption.

Actually the 'statelet' side of things seems to be reasonably efficient and stable.

Sure there are social issues but that doesn't make the place a 'failed statelet'.

Are you aware of the fact that in Northern Ireland spending exceeds tax by a massive 39.3% of its GDP? :)

I'm not agreeing with any of those trolls trolling you but think that you should be aware of such facts as the GDP of the state that you are discussing.

How much of the massive 39.3% excess is spent upon policing and security that would not be required if it wasn't for the rabble rousers?

Edited by Saor Alba