Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

It seems Martin McGuinness approves.

"City of Londonderry Grand Lodge officers carried a new hand painted banner and were wearing new collarettes to commemorate Londonderry's UK City of Culture status.

As the parade got under way, Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness tweeted that the new Orange Order banner leading the parade features Derry's peace bridge.

"I like that," he said."

From BBC web site.

Not that he's much better, but I won't think he agrees

@M_McGuinness_SF: Responsibility for tonight's violent attacks on Police & the community rests with the Leadership of the Orange Order,they are a disgrace.

Not that he's much better, but I won't think he agrees

@M_McGuinness_SF: Responsibility for tonight's violent attacks on Police & the community rests with the Leadership of the Orange Order,they are a disgrace.

He's not, but it was nice to see him playing the game.

Well... the political scandal is a unionist one for starters, and as for what you are claiming to be 'generalisations': they aren't. Scotland is not subsidised in any way, shape or form - Norn Iron is. I wouldn't question the intellect of Scots either given the number of incredible things we have done for the world and given that, proportionately, we have more universities in the QS top 100 rankings than any other nation on Earth.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Son of VT beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Same clichéd buzzwords in place of an argument, same overbearing arrogance as to Scotland's place in things, and same deflection from the original point.

Religious extremists, who pick and choose when to be religious it would appear..

As one who grew up in Northern Ireland I think that is a very salient point. I often wondered how many knuckle draggers on both sides had darkened the doors of a church, outside of weddings and funerals?

VikingTon has a love child.

Meanwhile Falkirk is at the centre of political corruption and has it's fair share of dole bleeding spongers, not to mention the low IQ shocker. Generalisations are great aren't they?

Cool story bro, but how many Falkirk residents have murdered each other in the name of a sky fairy over the past 50 years, in comparison to your failed statelet?

Be very specific.

Same clichéd buzzwords in place of an argument, same overbearing arrogance as to Scotland's place in things, and same deflection from the original point.

The only poster guilty of arrogance here would be the one trying to place their bigoted, terrorist-infested, economically-failed backwater on the same level as the UK's economic powerhouse. You're 400 years behind our level of civilisation in every sense, sit down.

MP Nigel Dodds knocked out by Unionists, despite being a memember of the DUP. Bricks and bottles thrown at police in North Belfast. Women knocked out with plastic bullet in East Belfast. On march past the Ardoyne, which the LOL had agreed to not march past was the seen of fighting between police and the Loyalists.

Seems an average day in the mad-house.

MP Nigel Dodds knocked out by Unionists, despite being a memember of the DUP. Bricks and bottles thrown at police in North Belfast. Women knocked out with plastic bullet in East Belfast. On march past the Ardoyne, which the LOL had agreed to not march past was the seen of fighting between police and the Loyalists. Seems an average day in the mad-house.

Only they didn't march past Ardoyne, they stopped at Woodvale. The LOL had not agreed to this, (although I believe they should) it was a decision made by the highly politicised Parades Commission.

Please don't let the facts intrude?

Same old cliched smug wankery in response.

The record needs changing champ.

No, no, the enduring spectacle of your faux outrage, failed comparisons with Scotland and tear-stained strop off the thread will do fine.

No-one's impressed.

MP Nigel Dodds knocked out by Unionists, despite being a memember of the DUP. Bricks and bottles thrown at police in North Belfast. Women knocked out with plastic bullet in East Belfast. On march past the Ardoyne, which the LOL had agreed to not march past was the seen of fighting between police and the Loyalists.Seems an average day in the mad-house.

At least they're all having a good time :lol:

Only they didn't march past Ardoyne, they stopped at Woodvale. The LOL had not agreed to this, (although I believe they should) it was a decision made by the highly politicised Parades Commission.

Please don't let the facts intrude?

The LOL chaplain Reverend Merwyn Gibson more or less told members to ignore parade comission recommendations, despite where they did so being the scenes of the greatest trouble. His defence being "a bad law is a bad law!"

http://m.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/video-stand-off-at-clifton-street-orange-hall-1-5282001

The LOL chaplain Reverend Merwyn Gibson more or less told members to ignore parade comission recommendations, despite where they did so being the scenes of the greatest trouble. His defence being "a bad law is a bad law!" http://m.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/video-stand-off-at-clifton-street-orange-hall-1-5282001

Only the link you post of Clifton Street is a good distance from the "peace-loving" Ardoyne.

No stropping, no tears, no outrage, just the usual dismantling of the flimsy arguments and ridiculous allegations of P&B's , (cue laughs), most influential poster ever.

Which would be why, erm, you provided not a scrap of evidence to answer my question. I'll put it in again then:

how many Falkirk residents have murdered each other in the name of a sky fairy over the past 50 years, in comparison to your failed statelet?

Be very specific.

For a poster who laughably claims to be dismantling spurious allegations, I'm sure it won't take long for you to answer the above question.

Your move champ.

Which would be why, erm, you provided not a scrap of evidence to answer my question. I'll put it in again then:

For a poster who laughably claims to be dismantling spurious allegations, I'm sure it won't take long for you to answer the above question.

Your move champ.

I can honestly say that I didn't see that question, and I agree, it is belief in fairies in the sky, but I'm sorry, I have no figures in response to that, although I doubt many would. Try Glasgow and the West coast after an Old Firm game though, and then come back to me when you've dismounted your high horse.

Breaking news - Scotland isn't perfect.

The LOL chaplain Reverend Merwyn Gibson more or less told members to ignore parade comission recommendations, despite where they did so being the scenes of the greatest trouble. His defence being "a bad law is a bad law!" http://m.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/video-stand-off-at-clifton-street-orange-hall-1-5282001

You could also have posted, from the same page

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/video-ardoyne-parade-passes-off-peacefully-1-5278430