Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Never had a problem with that, personally.  Getting all excited about photo-shopped images is hard to live down, though.

You've managed to shake off more embarrassing incidents on here. Im sure you'll pull through.

2 minutes ago, Henke said:

i don't agree with the whole marching the streets or bonfires stuff,but let them celebrate their thing maybe in a big park or halls privately,everyones happy no ones offended,its that simple really(imo)

Would there be much point in celebrating the triumph of parliament over arbitrary monarchical whim if you weren't getting it up the papes though?

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

You've managed to shake off more embarrassing incidents on here. Im sure you'll pull through.

I generally ignore my embarrassing episodes.  Maybe I should have taken your masterclass in flouncing and issuing a tear-stained 'poor me' faux-resignation 'playing to the gallery' melodrama.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I generally ignore my embarrassing episodes.  Maybe I should have taken your masterclass in flouncing and issuing a tear-stained 'poor me' faux-resignation 'playing to the gallery' melodrama.

I must have hit a nerve there. 

Good.

14 minutes ago, The OP said:

Would there be much point in celebrating the triumph of parliament over arbitrary monarchical whim if you weren't getting it up the papes though?

The Glorious Revolution is something we all should be celebrating.  If you disagree then you also take issue with parliamentary democracy.

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Even if I was offended I wouldn't believe that laws should be in place to protect my sensibilities and tastes.

That particular ship sailed from The Broomielaw when Jack McConnell was FM.  'Never being offended' is rapidly becoming a Scottish constitutional right.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Glorious Revolution is something we all should be celebrating.  If you disagree then you also take issue with parliamentary democracy.

Funny how the English, whose parliament was triumphant after all, couldn't give a flying f**k.

3 minutes ago, Henke said:

Its not my faith you're insulting so I'm kinda neautral looking in at it,I just don't think its normal behaviour it seems so hate filled & angry,which it shouldn't be,

You are absolutely right.  I've not been a member of the OO for 35 years but the tenor of the celebration should be happy and affirming as all sane people agree with its intent.

Just now, LinkinFighter said:

Do they march in England?

I'm sure places like Liverpool, which had an influx of staunch types from the North of Ireland, probably has a minor version of this bizarre hatefest. My family from Cornwall are absolutely mystified by it all when they visit Glasgow in June/July and I'm sure most English are the same.