Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

13 hours ago, hearthammer said:

He had a camp and effete obsession with interior design, soft furnishings and having his image painted (selfies).

I went to John Lewis in Wycombe yesterday with my older daughter as she wanted to buy me to pay for cushions, a rug, bedding and 'a throw' for her new digs.  She took a couple of pics of us for her Instagram bollocks.

Thanks for your post.  It has made me realise just how deep my connection with Billy the Pink actually is.

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's always good to see Irish folk standing up for one of their own.

WEmgD7q.jpg

I assume they have stolen that banner from a pro paedo group and burn it in protest?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Bloody Hell.

How depressing is it to see that depicted as heart warming?

Do you think they have loyalist care homes? Because if they did that outside the care home I was in or my family were in then I would be taking them out asap.

Akin to radicalisation imo

12 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Do you think they have loyalist care homes? Because if they did that outside the care home I was in or my family were in then I would be taking them out asap.

Auld bigoted Lily sitting there in her own pish - the slash my grandma wore.

_107823833_lily6.jpg

12 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I don't know, but I suspect they'll have what effectively are Catholic Care Homes affiliated to the church - we've got some of those here.

The result will be that the others aren't, and in some cases that probably means they are effectively inhabited by Protestants.  It's the coverage that I find particularly nauseating though.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't know, but I suspect they'll have what effectively are Catholic Care Homes affiliated to the church - we've got some of those here.

The result will be that the others aren't, and in some cases that probably means they are effectively inhabited by Protestants.  It's the coverage that I find particularly nauseating though.

I didn't know the Catholic church had care homes but that would explain it.

Yes that news coverage is particularly odd especially considering it wasn't too long since the Bangor boys were in the dock for playing their songs outside a Catholic church when they knew they weren't allowed. This group don't appear to be the good citizens that the BBC portrayed in the article.

I didn't know the Catholic church had care homes but that would explain it.
Yes that news coverage is particularly odd especially considering it wasn't too long since the Bangor boys were in the dock for playing their songs outside a Catholic church when they knew they weren't allowed. This group don't appear to be the good citizens that the BBC portrayed in the article.
Orange Lily will be planted soon anyway.

9 hours ago, hearthammer said:

I just pasted the quote. i did not pursue the veracity of the content, but made sure i said it was an "account" of that period.  It was a comment from a contributor to a site that i hold in the highest regard.  It did not come from the site itself.

This i explained to the auld Sergeant from the outset.  Happy to be corrected and/or educated on things mate.

As it stands, your post has been established to be homophobic, factually wrong, poorly written and based on historical knowledge that a first year pupil would know.

Let's forget your avoidance of its origin for a while. Could you explain what you respect about the author?

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

As it stands, your post has been established to be homophobic, factually wrong, poorly written and based on historical knowledge that a first year pupil would know.

Let's forget your avoidance of its origin for a while. Could you explain what you respect about the author?

Cher Sarge,   I tolerated your insatiable lust for the name of the site where the article i copied and pasted from was taken.  You were summarily dismissed on that point.  Now you seek my opinion of the author of the article ??   Really ?? 

What part(s) of the 6 or 7 explanations given yesterday relating to this are you having difficulty with ??  I actually used to think some of your posts were witty and worth a wee chuckle now and again.  However, yesterday's performance in a vain attempt to be seen on the sanctimonious high ground here, it seems that you're not quick-witted and sharp, but make things  accidentally appear funny through unwittingly being a fanny.

Case closed.  

40 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Cher Sarge,   I tolerated your insatiable lust for the name of the site where the article i copied and pasted from was taken.  You were summarily dismissed on that point.  Now you seek my opinion of the author of the article ??   Really ?? 

What part(s) of the 6 or 7 explanations given yesterday relating to this are you having difficulty with ??  I actually used to think some of your posts were witty and worth a wee chuckle now and again.  However, yesterday's performance in a vain attempt to be seen on the sanctimonious high ground here, it seems that you're not quick-witted and sharp, but make things  accidentally appear funny through unwittingly being a fanny.

Case closed.  

I wouldn’t have thought a post slagging the Orange Order could result in someone having a total nightmare, given 99% of posters would agree that they are dribbling unevolved bigots, but by God you’ve managed it.

56 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Case closed.  

There was only one post looking for the sanctimonious high ground. Unfortunately for you it was quickly dismantled. I'm not going over your posts one by one again (even I'm not that pedantic). You detract from the argument you are trying to support by your avoidance and ignorance of commonly known facts. Let the other posters who make reasoned argument and funny anti-walk remarks get on with it.

28 minutes ago, The OP said:

I wouldn’t have thought a post slagging the Orange Order could result in someone having a total nightmare, given 99% of posters would agree that they are dribbling unevolved bigots, but by God you’ve managed it.

I think both should give it a rest to be honest. It's becoming tiresome..