Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

26 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Here's your answer...

Have the bonfires always been so big?

No. Eleventh Night fires were traditionally much smaller. There were also many more than there are today, with more numerous modest fires constructed on street corners across loyalist communities.

Over the years there has been a move towards consolidating the smaller fires into one central bonfire at the heart of each neighbourhood. This has partly been driven by a dwindling number of derelict sites for fires, but also by competitive rivalry among loyalist areas as to which can build the biggest bonfire.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/why-are-huge-bonfires-lit-across-northern-ireland-on-eleventh-night-1155604.html

As i saw it, before it was a wee fire at end off each street...now they BANNED them, OUR COMMUNITY will make FIRE for all to SEE.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do the other half have bonfires with effigies of the queen and captain Tom or are there no palettes left over for them

Not really, they have nothing to celebrate.   They do still like we march 

It's called a Easter Commemoration March

majb6d.jpg

Edited by SlipperyP

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Not really, they have nothing to celebrate.   They do still like we march 

It's called a Easter Celebrating March

majb6d.jpg

It's probably just as well Northern Ireland must have a horrible carbon footprint already

What with the bonfires and SF/DUP paying people to burn wooden pellets in empty barns

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Namibia comfortably beat Nepal in Alloway

Nepal travel to Glasgow tomorrow as Scotland look to strengthen their control of the qualifying group

Didn't even know Nepal had a team, sorry for my ignorance. Are they new to the game (how did they qualify to the qualifiers), only ask as I know Thailand have a International team.....but have no recognition. Me and you could beat them style.

51 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Didn't even know Nepal had a team, sorry for my ignorance. Are they new to the game (how did they qualify to the qualifiers), only ask as I know Thailand have a International team.....but have no recognition. Me and you could beat them style.

Not only do Nepal have a team they (rating 185) are currently slightly ahead of both Scotland(183) and Ireland(184) in the T20 rankings. Although they are a long way behind in the ODIs so we should be fine

The qualifiers are basically all the nations with ODI status apart from Test playing nations

Nepal got T20 international status in 2014  and Full One Day International Status in 2018 Thailand only got T20i status in 2019

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Not only do Nepal have a team they (rating 185) are currently slightly ahead of both Scotland(183) and Ireland(184) in the T20 rankings. Although they are a long way behind in the ODIs so we should be fine

Nepal got T20 international status in 2014  and Full One Day International Status in 2018 Thailand only got T20i status in 2019

Thank you, always like an informative poster with FACTS, ken.

What your knowledge on the North Lanarkshire march today (or when it happens) ? 

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Nothing on the Council website till

PROCESSION DETAILS
DATE OF PROCESSION:    30 July 2022
ORGANISATION:    Apprentice Boys of Derry Craigneuk No Surrender Club
ASSEMBLY TIME:    4.45 pm    START TIME:    5.00 pm
PROPOSED ROUTE:    Craigneuk war memorial, John Street, Shieldmuir Street, Glasgow Road, Main Street, Kenilworth Avenue, Lammermoor Terrace, Kirk Road, Main Street, Glasgow Road to Craigneuk Orange Hall

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

PROCESSION DETAILS
DATE OF PROCESSION:    30 July 2022
ASSEMBLY TIME:    4.45 pm    START TIME:    5.00 pm
PROPOSED ROUTE:    Craigneuk war memorial, John Street, Shieldmuir Street, Glasgow Road, Main Street, Kenilworth Avenue, Lammermoor Terrace, Kirk Road, Main Street, Glasgow Road to Craigneuk Orange Hall

Not going to shit you here. I have not a clue what you posted.  but did a left click all alng the ORGANISTION part of your post. 

right click - restart google.

Anyway, what do I have to wear? I;m out if it's a suit.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Look at the drummers arms going. 😂 The wheelie bin has since been arrested and chucked in the back of a van.

According to the comments 

This was at 6am

The bin thrower lived upstairs now down, they put the wrong window in

31 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Whenever I see these band names i genuinely have no idea if that’s what they actually call themselves or if it’s meant to be a parody.

57 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Unfortunately you're too late, I'm afraid. 

The annual Lanarkshire Bigotry Roadblock/gathering of overweight Protestants was subjected upon the small village of Holytown and surrounding areas on Saturday past.