Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

No more wickets in Dublin but two maiden overs see Scotland stalled on 49 after the 18th over.

The one glimmer of hope is that Jo'burg Irish Bowler Max Sorensen only has two overs left to bowl and Craig Young only has 3.

Maybe the 2nd string bowlers will let Scotland open up again

Well that's the people of Ardoyne's loss irish cricket is going through a purple patch.

They've beat Scotland twice in Belfast last month becoming ICC World Cricket League Champions, 2011-2013 in the process and they've just taken a third Scottish wicket for a total of 32 runs in Dublin in the ICC Intercontinental Cup.

"Purple"? That will go down well in certain circles.

"Good" might be more appropriate.

how have we gone from orange walks to the Scottish cricket team?

via the Irish cricket team obviously!

Still raining at Clontarf. Scotland needed a win to have any chance of making the final so a washed out no result would be of no use. Ireland have already qualified so their insistence on gubbing us a third time seems churlish. You'd think they'd let us have this one even if it was just to avoid Afghanistan

I'm not complaining (it's better than the actual thread) but how have we gone from orange walks to the Scottish cricket team? Ah well keep us updated

Knightswood Bear asked, "where I can get an orange bowler hat?".

Bookies, who must listen to Just a Minute on Radio 4, mentioned the Dutch cricket team and Topcat showed a pic of a Dutch bowler wearing an orange hat.

Orange bowler hat? Gettit?

By happy coincidence Scotland seem to be playing Ireland at cricket. Just icing on a happily tangential cake.

I think it's very brave for any Scottish person to come out and openly admit that they watch cricket.

You should have seen the abuse we used to take playing cricket in the streets of the lower falls a few years ago.

It's a cracking game. None of that limited over nonsense though.

I think it's very brave for any Scottish person to come out and openly admit that they watch cricket.

Dire stuff, OP. I am a Scot. I love test match cricket. Moreover, The Cricket thread was just a brilliant place to be during The Ashes series. Good humour, interesting insights and decent banter. I will enjoy getting back on the thread when England visit Australia.

Dire stuff, OP. I am a Scot. I love test match cricket. Moreover, The Cricket thread was just a brilliant place to be during The Ashes series. Good humour, interesting insights and decent banter. I will enjoy getting back on the thread when England visit Australia.

Don't get me wrong, what consenting adults do within the confines of their cricket pitch doesn't bother me. As long as they don't get all in your face about it and start trying to have children

Incase you missed it, I am being facetious. It is fucking boring though, right up there with baseball.