The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

the expanded universe (or low cost content generated to milk fanboys) is not going to be a factor in these movies. disney is not going to rely on the ideas of a bunch of hack sci-fi writers for it's 1 billion dollar investment.

Lets just hope whatever they base it on that it is cast properly and they, for the love of sweet baby jesus, do NOT make it 3D.

But you know they will :thumbsdown

the expanded universe (or low cost content generated to milk fanboys) is not going to be a factor in these movies. disney is not going to rely on the ideas of a bunch of hack sci-fi writers for it's 1 billion dollar investment.

No I don't imagine they will.

But it's fun to speculate.

It will be an original story. Hopefully it won't be shit. No one cares about space tax.

And I'm sure it will be in 3D, but hopefully a non 3D version is also released.

Do you think there will be any hardcore Trekkies or Star Wars fans raging that Abrams is going to be directing both franchises?

Only the idiots, I don't care that he directs both, as long as they are good!

Nah I think the Boba Fett movies could be decent if they keep them as fun action movies and dont try and over complicate them by giving him a love interest and deep character background etc

It's Hollywood. That's exactly what they'd do. Regardless of that I can't say the prospect of a Boba Fett film is all that appealing to me anyway. I've never really gotten the huge fan love the character has received over the years.

I thought Ford wasn't interested in going back to do another Star Wars,

Unless they decided to give him a shit load of money

He and Carrie Fisher said not long ago they were receptive to the idea. I think when this whole thing came around, Ford must have given it a bit of a rethink, knowing that the plans for Episode VII involved him.

• 1 month later...