The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

On 02/07/2020 at 16:10, G_Man1985 said:

Finished Clone Wars ( can't mind where I posted this before)

Wish I had watched this a long time ago .

Class 

I'm up to season six and it's great, the writers are clearly having a great time just piling it on thick with what inevitably happens. Just hit the arc about the 'malfunctioning' clone troopers that start attacking Jedi.

On 02/07/2020 at 16:10, G_Man1985 said:

Finished Clone Wars ( can't mind where I posted this before)

Wish I had watched this a long time ago .

Class 

On 05/07/2020 at 16:53, NotThePars said:

I'm up to season six and it's great, the writers are clearly having a great time just piling it on thick with what inevitably happens. Just hit the arc about the 'malfunctioning' clone troopers that start attacking Jedi.

Clone Wars is absolutely everything that the prequel trilogy wasn't.  The final season is excellent.

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Clone Wars is absolutely everything that the prequel trilogy wasn't.  The final season is excellent.

Went through the final run of episodes last night and that's the best Star Wars movie I've watched in years. The clone troopers' tribute to Ahsoka. 😢

39 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Went through the final run of episodes last night and that's the best Star Wars movie I've watched in years. The clone troopers' tribute to Ahsoka. 😢

Yep, those last 4 episodes were absolutely amazing.  If they stuck them together and released it in the cinema, I'd pay to go and see it.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Yep, those last 4 episodes were absolutely amazing.  If they stuck them together and released it in the cinema, I'd pay to go and see it.

I'm sure I read that they done that with a few arcs before? They absolutely should do that even in lieu of a new movie, I'd be paying as well. Started Rebels now as I've heard that it's also pretty good and continues a lot of the threads explored in Clone Wars.

Edited by NotThePars

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'm sure I read that they done that with a few arcs before? They absolutely should do that even in lieu of a new movie, I'd be paying as well. Started Rebels now as I've heard that it's also pretty good and continues a lot of the threads explored in Clone Wars.

First season of Rebels takes a little while to get going, but it's great once it does.  It's got a few fantastic arcs as well.

28 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

First season of Rebels takes a little while to get going, but it's great once it does.  It's got a few fantastic arcs as well.

That's good to know. I was really on board for pretty much all of Clone Wars out with anything involving Jar Jar Binks.

That's good to know. I was really on board for pretty much all of Clone Wars out with anything involving Jar Jar Binks.

Jar Jar’s character isn’t so bad in the series. The one I hate with a passion is Hondo, cannot stand him! Plus they don’t use Cad Bane enough for my liking.

21 minutes ago, Widge said:

Jar Jar’s character isn’t so bad in the series. The one I hate with a passion is Hondo, cannot stand him! Plus they don’t use Cad Bane enough for my liking.

"Mastering Mace" is my MK Ultra trigger phrase.

I liked Hondo! Like any character whose motivation is really simple which in his case (and to quote the definitely not Jewish Watto) is "only money!"

Edited by NotThePars

On 15/07/2020 at 11:43, NotThePars said:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/7/13/21322822/star-wars-the-bad-batch-clone-wars-spinoff-disney-plus-2021

Didn’t really care that much for these guys the first time around but if they bring in a few side characters from the Clone Wars then that would be cool.

I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw that.  I did think when they introduced them in the CW series that it felt like they were being slightly forced upon us.

Is Resistance still on the go?  I managed about 2 episodes of it and gave up.

I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw that.  I did think when they introduced them in the CW series that it felt like they were being slightly forced upon us.

Aye it’s hard to be that enthused about paper thin action movie cliches being given their own series specially after how good some of the writing was on the original series but definitely willing to give it a chance.

No idea about Resistance. Is it worth watching what’s came out so far? I’m nearly finished season 2 of Rebels which is definitely not as good as Clone Wars but it’s enjoyable enough.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Aye it’s hard to be that enthused about paper thin action movie cliches being given their own series specially after how good some of the writing was on the original series but definitely willing to give it a chance.

No idea about Resistance. Is it worth watching what’s came out so far? I’m nearly finished season 2 of Rebels which is definitely not as good as Clone Wars but it’s enjoyable enough.

Trust me, Rebels gets as good as Clone Wars.  

Resistance seemed to be aimed squarely at a younger audience I thought.  Couldn't get into it at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Rebels. Definitely wasn’t as good as Clone Wars but the end arcs for the jedi characters were terrific and surprisingly affecting!

On to The Mandalorian now and am a big fan of the “Star Wars Witcher” vibe they’ve got going on. Also a fan of how crap everything looks especially Baby Yoda. Really charming.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Baggio said:

I'm drooling...

Obi-wan Kenobi
Lando
Rogue Squadron
Ahsoka Tano
Taika Waititi
Anime shorts
And more

Some announcement - Donald Glover was great in Solo.  Hayden Christensen to appear as Darth Vader in the Obiwan series too.  Very excited.

Obi Wan?  Yes please! I loved McGregor as Obi Wan and this is something I've wanted for ages! Christiansen was guff in the prequels but the dialogue and writing was utterly stinking too. Maybe with a good script and a Vader suit we'll get a good performance. 

Ahsoka? Yes! The series i didn't know I wanted 4 weeks ago.

Andor? Nah. Didn't mind Rogue One but have zero interest in this one. Unless its going to be along the lines of the X Wing vs Tie Fighter / Rogue 1 games with a plot for Andor which would be cool.

Rangers of the new Republic? As it ties in with Mando I will watch. I assume this is the Cara Dune spin off.

Lando? Nah. Move along.

The Bad Batch?  id probably have to watch the Clone Wars and the rest of Rebels first but I'm really not keen on the animation.

The Acolyte?  Female centric (SITH surely), High Republic mystery thriller? Could be a very good one if done right!

Visions? Japanese anime Star Wars!

A droid story? - probably watch with the wee lad.

I'm assuming the Mandalorian is going to go for another season. Two at most?

All in all its a good time to be a Star Wars fan again!

ETA just noticed there is a Rogue Squadron series announced too! So that'll be my wishes granted! Andor will be a build up to Rogue One. Meh.

Edited by mishtergrolsch