The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Best episode yet of Ahsoka 

Spoiler

They done Thrawn’s return justice with the ISD coming and then all the death troopers lined up. Never thought I’d be so excited to see a character that’s never been in live action before :lol:

Need to learn and stay off twitter on Wednesday mornings for the next few weeks, had some bits spoiled for me 

17 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Best episode yet of Ahsoka 

Hide contents

They done Thrawn’s return justice with the ISD coming and then all the death troopers lined up. Never thought I’d be so excited to see a character that’s never been in live action before :lol:

Need to learn and stay off twitter on Wednesday mornings for the next few weeks, had some bits spoiled for me 

Agree about your spoiler piece, it waa tremendous 

Like the last season of Mandalorian, i think Ahsoka will be so much better when i rewatch it in a year's time, binging it and not having to wait a week between episodes. 

This week's episode was the best of the season, but having to wait a week for the next one is such a pain, i want to get right onto the next one.

Just started watching The Mandalorian from season one last night, up to episode 5, heaven.  Googled the chronological order to watch it with Bobafett and got this, so going to follow that order and start again.

image.png.a657b0289731a4b64275f024c728fbda.png

Just finished Ahsoka. Enjoyed it a lot. Have never seen Rebels so some stuff flew over my head but it ultimately wasn't a barrier to keeping up with things.

On the topic of having not seen Rebels, was Sabine always such a stunningly stupid person? Also, is she supposed to be moody teenager or an actual adult woman? Saying sorry to Ahsoka is a tad too little, when really she should be saying sorry to the millions who are going to die in the upcoming war. Fucking moron. Didn't even have the courage to tell Ezra the truth either.

Agree re above re Skoll. Wonder what his game is/was?

Hope we get a second series.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just finished Ahsoka. Enjoyed it a lot. Have never seen Rebels so some stuff flew over my head but it ultimately wasn't a barrier to keeping up with things.

On the topic of having not seen Rebels, was Sabine always such a stunningly stupid person? Also, is she supposed to be moody teenager or an actual adult woman? Saying sorry to Ahsoka is a tad too little, when really she should be saying sorry to the millions who are going to die in the upcoming war. Fucking moron. Didn't even have the courage to tell Ezra the truth either.

Agree re above re Skoll. Wonder what his game is/was?

Hope we get a second series.

Skoll clearly sensed the planet had something to do with the "ones" (for the people who don't know them, they are a father, brother and sister, brother was the dark side, sister was the light side and the father kept the balance between them in the force) the faces we seen on the mountains skoll was looking at then walking on were of this force family

These "ones" were very very powerful in the force (some theories that they were representations of the force) and iirc ahsoka was mind controlled by the brother, killed then brought back to life by the sister 

They are also linked to the world between worlds that ezra found in rebels and ahsoka met anakin in this series

Also the owl (morai) we seen that was with ahsoka on the planet is linked to the sister from the ones, anyone who finished the clone wars might remember vader visiting the crash site of ahsokas venator and when he found her saber morai was circling overhead

Some excellent easter eggs in the finale there

Thought Ahsoka was really good tbf but it would definitely be made better by watching Rebels IMO, which is a bit shit for folk who don’t have the time/inclination to watch what is effectively a kids/teen tv show. As DA above says a lot went over their head. 

Was expecting a grand finale but was almost let down slightly with Thrawn getting away, was hoping Ezra or Ahsoka would at least come face to face with Thrawn. Still a very enjoyable finale and wonder if the night sisters will link into Palpy returning (somehow). Be interesting to see where they take Baylan Skoll too if they write the character out or go for a recast, the latter would be my preference I think

Andor is still in top spot for me of the live action series they’ve done so far. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Disney/Lucasfilm realised there can be more money in movies than streaming.

The Mandalorian & Grogu

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-and-grogu

Although given the way Disney have been recently, it will probably be on Disney+ by the time the BBFC card comes up on the cinema screen

I hope that Disney start making a more 'shared' Star Wars universe and that, like Marvel, all the characters come together at certain points for a big blown off film (like the Avengers in a way, although not necessarily all as a team).

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Really enjoyed both seasons of bad batch, hopefully this lives up to its trailer potential

I don't know why, but ive never got into TBB.  Any episodes ive watched all seem to be good, but ive just never invested any time in it.

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't know why, but ive never got into TBB.  Any episodes ive watched all seem to be good, but ive just never invested any time in it.

I quite enjoyed TBB from watching them in the clone wars final season, the pilot ep being where kanan lost his jedi master as well was a good tie in to rebels

• 4 weeks later...

I've just discovered that Revenge of The Sith is highly revered and in fact seen as the second best Star Wars film by a large number, if not a majority, of Star Wars fans.

I'm bemused. It's dreadful and only Attack of The Clones is a worse Star Wars film.

On 15/02/2024 at 21:52, DA Baracus said:

I've just discovered that Revenge of The Sith is highly revered and in fact seen as the second best Star Wars film by a large number, if not a majority, of Star Wars fans.

I'm bemused. It's dreadful and only Attack of The Clones is a worse Star Wars film.

Surely at best its 4th after the original 3, even if jedi wasn't that good its nowhere near as good as the first two

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Surely at best its 4th after the original 3, even if jedi wasn't that good its nowhere near as good as the first two

It's awful. All the sequel films are better than it. Solo and Rogue One are better. The Phantom Menace is better.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's awful. All the sequel films are better than it. Solo and Rogue One are better. The Phantom Menace is better.

Tbh only thing i like about the prequel trilogy is that it gave birth to the clone wars animated stuff, all 3 were forgettable

Rogue one and solo defo, enjoyed both them

Sequels id need to watch again