Stranraer V Sons

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On pre season games I would say Grindlay will get the go ahead over Ewings. Isn't he injured? I agree with the other 10 though.

Jamie is injured aye, wouldn't be surprised to see another 'keeper come in and start.

Any chance rogers may be in on time for Saturday? Lumsden may suitable as back up to grindlay, I don't know, but I think most of us want a new keeper in?

Quite possibly, Andrew Clark told me on Twitter he expects some news this week on Rogers. Would be great to get him in imo.

From the official site match preview: "Chris Turner, Lee Mair and Stephen McDougall will need a final check before the gaffer names his team and definitely ruled out of playing tomorrow is defender Mark McLaughlin."

From the official site match preview: "Chris Turner, Lee Mair and Stephen McDougall will need a final check before the gaffer names his team and definitely ruled out of playing tomorrow is defender Mark McLaughlin."

The possibility of no Christ and neither Marko nor Mair is one that I'm not liking one bit.

If Murray could put together a Challenge Cup run it would be his greatest achievement to date - by far. As it stands I think we'll sneak a win, keeping a rarely seen clean sheet. 1-0 Sons.

Mair will pass fitness and start the match.

ETA:- I know we bang on and on about this but I understand this is only our 28th Challenge Cup match over the 24 years that the cup has been running. What a fucking rancid record.

If Murray could put together a Challenge Cup run it would be his greatest achievement to date - by far. As it stands I think we'll sneak a win, keeping a rarely seen clean sheet. 1-0 Sons.

ETA:- I know we bang on and on about this but I understand this is only our 28th Challenge Cup match over the 24 years that the cup has been running. What a fucking rancid record.

We've only ever won 4 games in this competition, aye. Horrific.

Could young Joe be called upon here then? If Marko and Mair are out he's the only centre half left? Or you play Van Zanten in there and stick Taggart at right back.

Sorry, I should shut up, being a keyboard manager again...

Aye, Airdrieonians have played nearly as many games as us in the tournament and they went bust in 2002

Assuming the 'injury doubts' are fit and Rogers doesn't come in, I'd imagine the team would look like:

Grindlay

Van Zanten Mair Graham Linton

Turner

Gilhaney Kirkpatrick Megginson

Nish Campbell

If Mair and Turner are both unavailable, I'd imagine Taggart and Shug Murray will come straight in.

We don't do wins in the Challenge Cup, or against Stranraer for that matter. Home win.

Indeed. We haven't beaten Stranraer since 2003. We've had 2 draws and 8 defeats since then.

The hoodoo will be gone by tomorrow evening I think.

I got very confused reading the first page of this. Thought i was behind a day and you got beat 4-2. Need to know what to stick on my bet

Archived