Hull City AFC to become Hull City Tigers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull Tigers is a typical americanism name for sports team. Lets keep that shit out of the proper football please? Whats next?Manchester red devils , Liverpool Phoenix, Arsenal Gunners, Manchester Angels...... :shutup

Teams have already sold their soul to franchises all over the world, what difference would changing their name make?Apart from pissing off whats left of the English fans that can actually afford to get to the games.

Man U and Liverpool already suck the american corporate cock as do most big teams in Europe.

I loved the sign the Man U fans made up when they played City. "Our players make History not money". Yeah sure, how many times did Wayne Rooney spit the dummy when renewing his contracts?

Just the way it is these days. If Scottish football was offered 1/10th of the money English football generates we'd all be changing our names to The Paisley Panda's and The Dundee Dragons ect.

Noticed a few weeks ago, somebody on tv talking about the citizens.. No idea what he was on about. Then a Man City clip came on. I know Citizens come from a City, never, ever heard of them called the Citizens though. More American shite.

Noticed a few weeks ago, somebody on tv talking about the citizens.. No idea what he was on about. Then a Man City clip came on. I know Citizens come from a City, never, ever heard of them called the Citizens though. More American shite.

I might be wrong, but I think The Citizens was used as a nickname for Manchester City in the 50s.

Archived