Car advice

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Rust bucket after 8000 miles according to its last MOT, I reckon some geezer's clocked the odo before selling it to some muppet for a few monkeys and a couple of ponies.

That picture is now nearly 20 years old Miss Marple…

IMG_8840.gif

On the MG/Dacia/Vauxhall shite, people do realise they're virtually all the same car dependent on what engine you go for, dont you?

Its like the dogshite 1.2 cars that go about now, all of them with the dogshit Peugeot engine. Doesn't matter if its a Citreon, Vauxhall, Peugeot, or Toyota, if its a modern 1.2 then its the exact same car and you're literally paying entirely for how it looks.

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Bought the MG and it is tremendous 

2bd49303-25c1-46a8-8e61-66db46bfe8a6.jpg

The cyberster? Or have you bought another box on wheels 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

A car. Lovely colour. 

Say what you like, the colour is lovely.

Why did you pass past the only good car in their range?

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why did you pass past the only good car in their range?

It's an MG3 I think. 

In any event it's the wife's. I have the imperious Crossland. Undisputed champion of cars.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It's an MG3 I think. 

In any event it's the wife's. I have the imperious Crossland. Undisputed champion of cars.

The world of beige is welcoming you

30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Bought the MG and it is tremendous 

2bd49303-25c1-46a8-8e61-66db46bfe8a6.jpg

Bookmark it folks. 

For this situation can only end well woth no issues at all no way siree.

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It's an MG3 I think. 

^^^ one of life’s winners walks among us PnB folks. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

On the MG/Dacia/Vauxhall shite, people do realise they're virtually all the same car dependent on what engine you go for, dont you?

Its like the dogshite 1.2 cars that go about now, all of them with the dogshit Peugeot engine. Doesn't matter if its a Citreon, Vauxhall, Peugeot, or Toyota, if its a modern 1.2 then its the exact same car and you're literally paying entirely for how it looks.

So what cars aren't shite now?

12 minutes ago, RH33 said:

So what cars aren't shite now?

They're all shite.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our holiday hire car was a nearly new 1.2 Aygo and it was absolutely awful. Plenty of tech & gadgets but the engine was woefully underpowered and sounded like a bag of spanners.

Put my old beemer into the garage the other day. Mechanic phoned and offered to buy it and coincidentally I was about to flog it anyway. Mrs’ car going too and being replaced by something with tartan seats shortly.

Edited by Shandon Par

@RandomGuy. Could you present a pie chart graphical representation of best car in various budgets on the different elements of ownership in the same way you provide for fitba players? 😂 

I’m in the market for a tough tackling budget car.

Let’s say a Tommy Turner or Billy Abercromby car rather that Roy Keane level of outlay.

I feel horrible even saying it and will have to hand back my Fordy card, but the newer, wee Vauxhall's with decent sized engines (anything bigger than 1.6) are actually really good. Some things are still cheap n nasty but the way they handle the road, including the Vivaro vans, are amazing.

They might be the 'same' in many ways to other makes and models, but the chassis and road handling are a different notch once you get them out of ECO mode and drive them properly. Seem to get the same MPG if driven smoothly whether in ECO or not as well