Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

I started as Galatasaray. Won the league, last 8 of the CL, final of the Turkish cup and had signed my players for next season for another assault (planning on doing 2 or 3 seasons at a club and moving on, roaming the globe), they offered me a deal and I wanted to negotiate part of it, negotiations never came though and at the end of the contract, they punted me out.

b*****ds! :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Super Tommy doing the Dundee updates this year? Can't have been, surely? First time in a long time that Dundee's player ratings are way off. It looks like someone has just randomised our team.

Wasn't me this year.

First time in a while i've not done it.

Downloading this just now so about to have a shot at it.

I started as Galatasaray. Won the league, last 8 of the CL, final of the Turkish cup and had signed my players for next season for another assault (planning on doing 2 or 3 seasons at a club and moving on, roaming the globe), they offered me a deal and I wanted to negotiate part of it, negotiations never came though and at the end of the contract, they punted me out.

b*****ds! :lol:

Not being funny but what do you want to negotiate in a contract in FM for? I just usually put my wage demands to the lowest and contract length to longest and that's all.

Not being funny but what do you want to negotiate in a contract in FM for? I just usually put my wage demands to the lowest and contract length to longest and that's all.

Because I was fannying about with it. The contracts have a lot of clauses with regards to style of football, youth development etc now and your next seasons wage bill and transfer total are included in contract negotiations.

I wasn't too pleased about the wage bill being slashed and asked for negotiations over this in my new contract and the board seemed to agree to see me about it, then the meeting simply never came around.

Is anyone else getting totally low balled by clubs in the transfer markets? I had a great example there. Burnley just bid £40k for a player worth £700k. I asked for £500k... they came back and offered me £7k... in 12 monthly installments :huh:

Is anyone else getting totally low balled by clubs in the transfer markets? I had a great example there. Burnley just bid £40k for a player worth £700k. I asked for £500k... they came back and offered me £7k... in 12 monthly installments :huh:

Apparently since the last update to the Beta, this is a regular occurrence. The SI bods say that sticking your asking price higher should deter it, but methinks there's a bit of a bug there.

Aw that's a bit shite :(

Think I'm going to leave my saves until that is fixed - I play a 'speculate to accumulate' kind of style which I can't really do. Even putting values up to ridiculous amounts - £5 million for Stevie May - I was getting offers of £20k over 24 months, after turning down slightly higher, but still stupidly low bids :rolleyes:

Right, my Clyde save went tits up so I've decided to start a new game with Nottingham Forest.

These are the signings I've made, spent most of my transfer budget so I'd imagine they will be my only ones for the season.

post-37948-0-02387700-1383156490_thumb.p

Pre-season could have gone a bit better I feel.

post-37948-0-50287400-1383156631_thumb.p

In my first league game we drew 1-1 with Huddersfield which we should have probably won and then in the League Cup it was a 4-0 hammering of Oldham at home, so it's going ok so far.

Having the disc doesn't mean you have access to the full version, you get it from 00:01 Thursday same as everyone else

Fair enough, thought it might be that, was a bit unsure since I was able to access it as soon as I put the disc in last year.

So, got the full game now, and started a brand new Stirling game.

Been drawn against Livingston in the cup AGAIN. Every edition, every save, I get drawn against them. Unreal.

Maybe the first draws are hardwired to save processing?

Archived