Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I've been totally shite at this. Started several games but just cant get into it or have been getting humped regularly, mainly a Schalke save in which I lost most of my games by two or more goals in the first round of fixtures. Will probably have another go at a Hibs save shortly and hope that I can get going in that.

Same, I went Airdrie in the BETA and got sacked at the tail end of the season, then a save with Blackpool that I enjoyed however I wanted to start one on the full version due to the glitches. I then went East Fife and canned it within 8 games, then started with Fulham last night.

I sold Riise, Sidwell and Duff for about 2.5 million and brought in Honda. Paid about 10k more a week than he requested and gave him key player status rather than first team to make sure I got him in, and brought in Sissoko on a free and John Souttar for 600k.

Drew 1-1 with Norwich so far and hammered Hull 3-0, Honda being inspirational in both with Berbatov being honky tonk.

thats the in game editor aka the one to help you cheat, The official editor is downloadable as a tool from the steam menu.

It's not just to help you cheat, it can be quite useful for fixing wrong team colours as well.

Had a foot operation yeaterday so house bound for a couple of weeks bought this and started a save with Rotherham

Started well won 5 of 1st 7 games then never won for 10 games, before winning 7 in a row. Bit more steady now 7 games to go sitting 6th in the table 1 point ahead of Peterborough and 2 points behind Bristol city. Finding it easier than last couple of years anyway

Have a guy called Richard Bradley playing left back he's a defensive mid that can play right back and is shit at both, been on the transfer list since day one but no one wants him. My left back skarz got injured and Bradley's rating is over 7.75 in average one of those weird fm things it shouldn't work but it has. Lesley king used to be a great striker for me in older fm games

Decided to get this yesterday and started a game with Dumbarton, liking the way it shows the suitability of a players role and ,despite me completely over-using it and making a complete arse of a few pre-season matches, the new tactic instruction menu.

Currently sitting in 3rd but that's with 16 points, Cowdenbeath are bottom on 9 after the first quarter of the season, so it's a fairly tight league. Partick are currently top of the Premiership with Hearts unsurprisingly sitting at the bottom on -3.

I knew that I'd need a few players so signed, Hugh Murray on a permanent deal for free, Kyle McAusland on loan from Rangers, and picked up Iain Turner and David Graham. A 4-5-1 formation, Murray in the holding role, 2 wingers with McGinn and Linton overlapping when they can seems to be the main way I've created chances so far. If a team figures that out i'll be a bit fucked but so far so good

Finally got into a hibs save which didnt involve getting totally humped in every game. Sitting 6th and only a few points seperate the teams above me. Signed up Brittain, Barbour, Anderson and Aaron-Taylor Sinclair from fellow SPL sides. Sold off Stevenson (which I do in every game) and Paul Hanlon for a combined 375k. Alex Harris is sensational in this, signed him up on a long term contract as soon as I could.

I started a Saints league, was sitting second at New Year with only 1 defeat but loads of draws. I got offered the Dundee United job, which had about double the wage budget of St Johnstone (26k burned to just under 50k for the new job) and a £1.4 million transfer budget, following the sales of Souttar (who has been loaned back) and Mackay-Steven. I got offered more money and a 2 and a half year contract, so I took the job on. Currently sitting 10th with United, winning 2 and losing 2 so far, with St Johnstone next up (they've won 3 and lost 1 since I departed, so not missing me too much obviously!).

Wouldn't normally have made such a move, but the financial restrictions in place at Saints in this game make it difficult to sign established players. I decided to pull a Sturrock and judas myself.

Has anyone else had their BOD refuse to allow budget adjustements? I have £15k spare in the wage budget, £0 transfer budget but the message at the top says "The board will not deal with any budget related requests at this time" Been like that for weeks

Ive just missed out on a really good loan player because I couldnt afford the monthly fee with £0 transfer budget

Lost in the play offs in my Rotherham save bought in lots of young players over the summer. Think I may have changed things to quickly sitting 5th at the moment well off automatic promotion but drawing far too many games especially at home

Failed an interview for the Sheffield utd job because I refused to play possession football. Should have lied

I started a Saints league, was sitting second at New Year with only 1 defeat but loads of draws. I got offered the Dundee United job, which had about double the wage budget of St Johnstone (26k burned to just under 50k for the new job) and a £1.4 million transfer budget, following the sales of Souttar (who has been loaned back) and Mackay-Steven. I got offered more money and a 2 and a half year contract, so I took the job on. Currently sitting 10th with United, winning 2 and losing 2 so far, with St Johnstone next up (they've won 3 and lost 1 since I departed, so not missing me too much obviously!).

Wouldn't normally have made such a move, but the financial restrictions in place at Saints in this game make it difficult to sign established players. I decided to pull a Sturrock and judas myself.

Kyle - Hilltoon Whore Mark 2 :(

And yeah the budgets are quite tight in regards to signing experienced players, so I've sort of started swinging towards youth a bit, can still only offer wages of up to £1.7k despite have a budget ten times that

Started well with my Fulham save, managed to get about 8 games in now and sitting 5th, grinding out results against teams with lots of 1 goal victories. Terminated Taraabts loan and managed to get Javi Garci on loan, who has been tremendous and I can sign him at any point throughout the loan for 2 mill. Might start a thread for it as I can see myself getting right into it.

Does anyone else find it really difficult to beat a team who've had a man sent off? Quite a few times now I've been ahead, the opposition go a man down, and they come storming back and take something from the game. I can't work out how to play against them!

Kyle - Hilltoon Whore Mark 2 :(

And yeah the budgets are quite tight in regards to signing experienced players, so I've sort of started swinging towards youth a bit, can still only offer wages of up to £1.7k despite have a budget ten times that

In the game against St Johnstone, I beat them 4-1 :ph34r:

Lost in the play offs in my Rotherham save bought in lots of young players over the summer. Think I may have changed things to quickly sitting 5th at the moment well off automatic promotion but drawing far too many games especially at home

Failed an interview for the Sheffield utd job because I refused to play possession football. Should have lied

Interviews?

Interviews?

Interviews

Adds quite a lot to it actually - I got interviewed for the United job in my game, said I planned to introduce players from the youth system and was happy with their budget/transfer budget suggestions and expectations, and goat the joab.

Archived