Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Almost identical for me and my Alloa team. The warm fuzzy glow of promotion faded fast after three 5-0 pumpings in a row. I have 1 point after 6 games, hovering second bottom (Falkirk on 0).

I ended up causing a bust up with the board about lack if wage funds. They then called an emergency board meeting and I was swiftly sacked after I never stood down.

They brought in Gus McPherson who won his first game in charge (I hadn't won a league game and was nearing into October!!) They even beat Celtic! Just a joke.

After a successful interview, I was announced as the new manager of League 2 side Portsmouth. First 7 games, 5 wins, a draw and a defeat. f**k you Rovers! ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't done it yet but i presume it will be the same.

when Ayr got promoted same deal except a groundshare at Celtic park till January, if fixtures are kind and you get Rangers and Celtic at "home" with roughly 35k at each sees finances just ok

I started a season with Crystal Palace despite having an impressive season cup wise, I was relegated on the final day due to GD. Norwich beat already relegated Sunderland and I could only draw with Arsenal which meant I was going down. Palace sacked me instantly which I thought was harsh in the extreme considering the bloated squad I had to contend with at the start, brought in several cheap potential wonderkids for the future so no doubt Sam Allardyce will reap the rewards of all my hard work. :(

Ended up getting an interview at Ayr as I was set my reputation to Sunday League, and managed to get the job, but they've got like 3 players and no-one wants to join. Another long hard slog.

1st Season with St. Mirren and bizarrely, it was ourselves, Kilmarnock and Ross County fighting it out for 2nd spot. I took it in the end on goal difference and secured my place in the Europa league.

That being said, we faded badly in the 2nd half of the season, only rallying for the last 5 matches to take 2nd, so initiated a clearout and have built what is IMO an impressive squad.

Out go Teale, Goodwin, Mair, Van Zanten, Harkins, all the loanees, Dillon, some Croatian boy I signed and a shit load of youths.

The board came up trumps with my budget and as a result, I went a bit mental.

In comes:

Connor Newton and Paul Dummett on free transfers.

James McFadden

Gavin Gunning

Steven McManus

Jamie Hammill

Jamie Langfield

Gael Birgmiana and Max Clayton on loan from Newcastle (Adam Campbell too once he's fit, hopefully)

Jude Winchester - 50k

Paul Paton - 250k

Craig Sibbald - 225k

Tyler Harvey - 475k from Plymouth

Gary Quarless - 64k - 16 y/o regen from Rochdale, 5 start rated and about hafl a dozen Premier League clubs after him

Ibrahima Cisse - Loan from standard Liege.

Now that's a squad which I'm hoping will be up there again this season. That being said though. Signed Faddy to replace Teale, first training session and he's out for 6-8 weeks. :lol:

know how you were meant to be able to get testimonials? Anyone know how you do this or was it all talk.

Never mind,

I'm actually curious as to how this works. Lewis Stevensons history tab shows 10 seasons at Hibs yet nothing regarding a testimonial has appeared in my inbox and I can't see an option to offer him one.

Is it just something the board does itself?

If you go to arrange a friendly a bit comes up 'use as testimonial', I missed the boat because Alex Neil was retiring after the date I picked for a friendly.

Cheers for that. Appears you can't do it for players who've already left the club but I'll bear that in mind for next time :thumsup2

Violated the golden rule and went Hearts again.

Managed to finish 7th in the league but lost in the Scottish Cup final.

Made some really good signings in the summer including Tom Cairney, Will Keane, and Graeme Shinnie.

Started well and looking like a title challenge and now 3 defeats on the bounce in classic FM fashion where you completely dominate games and lose. I got beat 2-0 off Hibs after two separate players for me had missed penalties.

Think Will Keane has an average rating of something like 5.6.

This was literally not far off my reaction after the most recent defeat.

Predicting this game will end up like all my others Hearts games over the years where I quit on the verge of tears of seethe and don't play FM for about 3 months after I convince myself the game has been cheating me.

I tend to look at the odds before deciding what mentality to play. Especially first season. If you are favourites at home, attack. Favourites away by a considerable margin, again attack.

If you aren't favourites at home I'd counter, and defend away from home (or counter if the odds are short and they are say evens(favs) )

I started with Blackburn because I couldn't be bothered going any further with Portsmouth, it was probably a rash decision to quit Rovers so early, but I just winning and couldn't see a way in which I could improve the squad without any money/loans.

Haven't signed anyone with Blackburn but currently in a play-off spot, tinkering my squad. I played about 10 friendliest and set my training I fitness and very high. This is definitely essential for playing in the Championship because it feels like you are playing a fixture every night! And that's without cup competition. Luckily I was knocked out the league cup by Fulham in the second round which I think has helped my league form.

Quite enjoying it, although I'd like to get some of my own players in to make it feel more like my team. Hanley and Dann both want to leave, and find themselves on the transfer list, so will probably be away in January.

Violated the golden rule and went Hearts again.

Managed to finish 7th in the league but lost in the Scottish Cup final.

Made some really good signings in the summer including Tom Cairney, Will Keane, and Graeme Shinnie.

Started well and looking like a title challenge and now 3 defeats on the bounce in classic FM fashion where you completely dominate games and lose. I got beat 2-0 off Hibs after two separate players for me had missed penalties.

Think Will Keane has an average rating of something like 5.6.

This was literally not far off my reaction after the most recent defeat.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KXrRUZqtw

Predicting this game will end up like all my others Hearts games over the years where I quit on the verge of tears of seethe and don't play FM for about 3 months after I convince myself the game has been cheating me.

I signed Will Keane as well and just could not get him scoring. If you can get any sort of decent fee for him I'd take it and look elsewhere.

Ryan Jacks surprisingly cheap in this. Like JM I "broke" a rule and started a new Saints save, and I managed to sign Jack for a measly £170k and a wage of £1.1k a week. Stupendous signing and I've only lost one game since he came into the squad

My wigan team is going superb. Im unbeaten in 11 and sitting top. My last eleven games have been

2-1

2-1

5-3

4-3

3-1

7-2

3-2

4-1

4-1

5-3

2-1

Jordan rhodes is on fire. I have also qualified for the next round of the europa league. I have been playing my second team in that but still topped the group of lazio, rubin and grasshoppers. I scored 19 in the six games.

3rd season in the Skrill North with Droylsden. Top of the league for 21 weeks, usual FM slump in form, went into the last game 1 point off the top in third place. The top two were playing each other on the last day so the only combination for me to win the league was me to win my game and the other game to be a draw.

I won 3-0.

The other game was 1-1 going into injury time. That was me champions surely. No. One of the teams scored deep into injury time. Gutted.

In the playoffs. Lost the first leg away 3-2. Won the second leg 3-2 coming from 0-2 down.

Extra time. Heading to penalties. They scored in 120 (+1) minutes to win it.

:( :(

I sometimes really cannot believe how bad my luck is. Even in a fucking game.

Hearts have definitely been toned down from the beta, as have the mass inward transfers of the SPL, good to see these things get picked up and rectified

How many friendlies do you usually play before the season starts in year 1? In order to have my teams being anywhere near competent, I start the game at the first of June (Romania) and play 8 friendlies, 4 home, 4 away, the last one a 'glamour' friendly vs a large reputation team. Doesn't matter anyway however, Im still shite at this despite using 5-3-2's.

How many friendlies do you usually play before the season starts in year 1? In order to have my teams being anywhere near competent, I start the game at the first of June (Romania) and play 8 friendlies, 4 home, 4 away, the last one a 'glamour' friendly vs a large reputation team. Doesn't matter anyway however, Im still shite at this despite using 5-3-2's.

If Im playing a lower league Scottish team, usually just two and then use the first two cup games as semi-friendlies. Anyone else, usually four

My Director of Football has just sacked not one but two assistant managers. I hired my own, as I always do, then let the DoF hire the other staff. He hired an AM and sacked the one Id picked. I sacked that one, hired my own again and he sacked them too

My wigan team is going superb. Im unbeaten in 11 and sitting top. My last eleven games have been

2-1

2-1

5-3

4-3

3-1

7-2

3-2

4-1

4-1

5-3

2-1

Jordan rhodes is on fire. I have also qualified for the next round of the europa league. I have been playing my second team in that but still topped the group of lazio, rubin and grasshoppers. I scored 19 in the six games.

I went Wigan as well, signed Joe Ledley, Gary Mackay-Steven & Alexander Buttner in January and now I'm pissing the league, around 11 pts clear of burnley in second.

Fortune, Holt & Dicko have scored around 50 goals between them and I'm still halfway through February.

I went Wigan as well, signed Joe Ledley, Gary Mackay-Steven & Alexander Buttner in January and now I'm pissing the league, around 11 pts clear of burnley in second.

Fortune, Holt & Dicko have scored around 50 goals between them and I'm still halfway through February.

I have won the league with 4 games left. Currently scored 101 goals. Rhodes has scored in the league.

Also in the europa league semis. Playing against udinese. The first leg is away and i am currently 6-2 up at half time. Ridiculous

Archived