Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just won a free copy of this, WOOHOO :D got FIFA and FM free this year. Looking forward to playing this :thumsup2

Very good. Where did you win it from?

New update being downloaded. Loads of changes including stopped Paul Robinson being bitten by his pet dog haha

You're kidding. :lol:

2nd year in a row with FM and I start a game with a team, do the board expectations, get to the press conference and then decide.

NUP. Cba managing them. I need suggestions.

What level ?

English prem - I went Swansea good challenge got European football

Championship - Wigan are the same, Qpr big budget

League 1 - wolves good squad great budget for league 1

League 2 - don't know where to start

SPL - I briefly started one with Dundee utd good squad but difficult if tempted to part with your players that are worth money.

Sfpl champ - I would only go queens who are decent I finished 2nd three seasons in a row and got bored on the beta

Sfl league 1 - go the zombies if u want to conquer everything in your way to the league 1 and ramsdens double

Sfl league 2 - not a scooby

Bought this yesterday and started a game with Hibs.

So far so good as I've managed to beat Ventspils (5-0) and Aab (6-4) in the Europa League but have drawn Rubin Kazan in the next round so that may be the adventure coming to an end.

League season has also started well with 3-1 wins over Well and Hearts.

Really, really struggling with the new version. Have a network game with my brother where I'm Fiorentina and have one win from about 13 games. Got a game on my own with St Mirren where I've managed two points from the first four (better than real life).

Continually getting destroyed on possession - often only making the low 40 per cent and sometimes not even getting above that. Regularly having guys making ratings below 6. Players continually shooting from long range even though I've told them not to.

I've tried a variety of systems and nothing seems to be working, I'm continually having shockers. The annoying thing is in the beta I had things working fairly well with Wolves. Not outstanding by any means but I'd won a reasonable number of games and was in a play-off position.

Any suggestions as this is really getting on my nerves and completely taking the enjoyment out of things.

I had posted earlier in this thread but for whatever reason it hadn't registered. Anyway, finished fifth in my first season with a pretty poor record in the cup. Second season was down to 6th and two first round cup exits. That said I did manage to bring in the SPLs top goalscorer by signing Will Grigg on loan who scored 27 before getting crocked in the final game.

Other good signings include Alexandre N'Gadi who I brought in on a hefty wage and panic sold before beginning of third season due to some poor financial projections. Jordan Obita was an inspired loan signing in my first season Victor Mongil was a decent centre back but due to big interest I manage to create a bidding war between Guangzhou and some Qatari team. Eventually settled on 3.2 million, up from initial offer to clubs of 500k, but Guangzhou couldn't complete deal because they already had max foreign quota. Ended up settling for a bit less.

Kenny Cooper was an unmitigated disaster of a signing, brought in as my highest paid player on 3.1k a week, got 5 month hip injury sixty minutes into debut, punted to Hearts on loan at 50% wages (I was incredibly grateful) before being given to Port Vale. He will remain my highest paid player at 2.1k for the next two years until his contract is done. Antxon Muneta pissed me off a fair amount too before being mutually terminated.

Also, if we're talking amusing bugs Tommy Craig won Managers Manager of the year in my first season, despite being my assistant, I also won League Manager of the year despite ICT and Ross County finishing 2nd and 3rd, and getting to the final of the Scottish cup. I hadn't even won a single manager of the mouth :lol:

And Thomas Reilly is labelled as the next Joe Jordan.

Well, after winning the league, none of my six best players wanted to sign a new contract, so have all left. Jordan White, who bagged an incredible 37 goals in all competitions has gone to, er, Forfar, Dale Fulton and Phil Johnston both joined Morton, David Weatherston's gone to East Fife, Chris Smith went to Stenny, and Graham Weir is still a free agent. Add that to the frees that left anyway, and I had only 7 first team players by the start of pre-season.

With hardly any wage budget, I've had to wheel and deal to bring in a rag-tag collection of frees and promising youngsters. If I don't finish bottom of League 1 this season, it'll be an utter miracle. Already been pumped out the Challenge Cup, 4-2 by Dundee who have Kenny Miller playing for them now - he scored twice!

Going to be a long, long, season.

I tried a game starting unemployed.

9 months later I get mny first job interview and east fife offer me a £300 per week deal.

Stupidly I take the deal without looking at the club first.

My first game is the first leg of the relegation playoffs and despite dominating the game, I lose. I win the second leg but they stay up on aggregate.

So I've only played 2 matches but still have a relegation on my CV.

Into my third season with Swansea had a cracking team sitting 12th. Only 9 points covered 7th to bottom in December with Liverpool and Man City below me. Got Jackson Martinez and Negredo on loan up top. Steven Fletcher on the bench. Liverpool sacked Bielsa and I was offered an interview and got the job. Shocking move lost 4-0 at home to reading and crashed out the cup to Huddersfield. Took Martinez with me for £14m, got rakitic on a free and paid £1.9 to bring him early same with Ola John from Ajax. Club was £23m in debt so sold Suarez for £41m and javi Garcia to man city.

So I line up like this

Mignolet

Johnson

Agger

Skrtel

Lee Wallace

Irralimendi

Javi Garcia

Ola John

Rakitic

Sturridge

Martinez

They have drogba, Stevie g and courinho out for months so in a relegation dogfight with Liverpool.

Archived