Arcade Fire

AirdrieGuy

I love Arcade Fire (I got hooked on Power Out when it was released), but I didn't really enjoy Reflektor all that much (just listened to it there). Seems a bit long and self indulgent tbh. Good start, good end, but doesn't really go anywhere in the middle. Just my views though! I've only been to see them once, and my god they were good.

I'm sure most of you will have seen this btw, but in case anyone hasn't here is Wake Up, feat. David Bowie:

I thought the only lull on the album came right after the title track. Couple of poor songs I thought. Everything from that point is gold. "Awful Sound", "Afterlife" and "Joan of Arc" are real highlights, but of course the best song is still "Reflektor".

I think the second half of the album is much more consistent than the first, in that there aren't really any standout tracks on the second half whereas the first has a couple of songs I'm not too keen on but also Reflektor, We Exist and Normal Person which for me are the best on the album.

I've had a few listens, and I really love the album. I'm amazed that Arcade Fire can produce such different sounds with each new album. Favourites so far are normal person, afterlife, reflektor, and supersymmetry (before it becomes noise)

They've played a few gigs recently in the States as "The Reflektors" but its really just been the new album that they've been playing so if you're looking for their greatest hits then you might be disappointed. Still well worth experiencing, especially at a venue like the Barras.

Any of you guys pre-order the album? You'll get first dibs on tickets if you did. (Edit - just as AirdrieGuy mentioned)

Edited by Shengus Khan