Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

I was gonna say that Ramsay must just be in the u19 squad but they've not even got a game until November seemingly? Considering there's only one other RB, I don't understand why he's not there. Patterson must be in the senior squad too.
I've just seen that he's in the u19s training camp group. Can only assume it's all to do with letting a group "grow up together".

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
On 20/08/2021 at 12:19, accies1874 said:
I was gonna say that Ramsay must just be in the u19 squad but they've not even got a game until November seemingly? Considering there's only one other RB, I don't understand why he's not there. Patterson must be in the senior squad too.

I've just seen that he's in the u19s training camp group. Can only assume it's all to do with letting a group "grow up together".

Gemmill basically said that Ramsay being u19s and Ashby being u21s means we can give both game time, rather than picking Ramsay for u21s and leaving Ashby on the bench.

We should just be picking the best available player at the best available level.

Gemmill basically said that Ramsay being u19s and Ashby being u21s means we can give both game time, rather than picking Ramsay for u21s and leaving Ashby on the bench.
We should just be picking the best available player at the best available level.
I'd read from that that Gemmill thinks Ashby is the better player.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If only that actually meant something. Gemmill is a trout. It pains me that he's overseeing this stuff. 

Agreed. Ashby has playing-for-Colchester in 24 months written all over him.

I wish him nothing but success, but we’ve all seen this film.  Many times.

I’m not sure how playing 2 senior games - ever - beats playing senior football every week.  Reserve and u23 football is wildly useless for preparing player for competitive senior football, at every level.

With Liverpool and Man City refusing players permission to go on international duty to red list countries as they'll need to quarantine upon return what's the situation for the u21s coming back from Turkey? It's still on the red list as far as I can see but I'm assuming there's some sort of exemption since St Johnstone got there and back no problem.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

On 23/08/2021 at 14:40, BingMcCrosby said:

Kerr Smith getting painted as the second coming of Franz Beckenbauer in some reports.

Every epl team chasing him, any dundee utd fans got an opinion on how good this guy is?

He's world class

On 22/08/2021 at 11:55, Gordopolis said:
On 22/08/2021 at 10:30, Marshmallo said:

I'd read from that that Gemmill thinks Ashby is the better player.

Gemmill has said in the past stuff like how he has a care of duty and its about being fair to the lads kind of stuff. This was in regards to hickey being kept out in favor of some other left back.

Hes not picking the best players hes picking them on being fair to them and trying to help their careers. Which is fair enough in a humanitarianism sense.

But not very good for Scotland to get their most promising players the experience.

Not that playing in a Gemmill organised hoofball team is going to be much help to young players anyway.

How he's not been binned is unbelievable. 

Gemmill has said in the past stuff like how he has a care of duty and its about being fair to the lads kind of stuff. This was in regards to hickey being kept out in favor of some other left back.
Hes not picking the best players hes picking them on being fair to them and trying to help their careers. Which is fair enough in a humanitarianism sense.
But not very good for Scotland to get their most promising players the experience.
Not that playing in a Gemmill organised hoofball team is going to be much help to young players anyway.
How he's not been binned is unbelievable. 
The bin is too good for him.
He needs punted straight to the sea [emoji117][emoji305]

On 24/08/2021 at 10:39, Pie Of The Month said:

With Liverpool and Man City refusing players permission to go on international duty to red list countries as they'll need to quarantine upon return what's the situation for the u21s coming back from Turkey? It's still on the red list as far as I can see but I'm assuming there's some sort of exemption since St Johnstone got there and back no problem.

Sky said a couple of days ago that the Turkish embassy expects they will get moved down to amber this weekend.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-turkey-expects-to-be-removed-from-red-list-when-travel-rules-reviewed-later-this-week-12388876