Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

21 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I can't see Neilson getting much game time at Hearts next season, never mind Scotland.  He's good a lot of attributes but he's not a very mobile defender and not much good in the air

I never quite understood the Neilson hype - he's got the turning circle of a cruise ship.

Kerr Smith was always the better prospect. No idea how he's getting on now.

Aye Neilson is rubbish. Reasonably good control but can't pass and has no real idea how to defend. If he develops then SPL (I know) will be his ceiling.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chripper said:

Jack Fletcher* (one of Darren's twins) on the bench for Manchester United in their friendly against Rosenberg.

*Jack hasn't decided between England or Scotland.

Regardless of where you were born or brought up, how can you possibly be the son of a former Scotland captain and contemplate playing for anyone else?!

6 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Regardless of where you were born or brought up, how can you possibly be the son of a former Scotland captain and contemplate playing for anyone else?!

I don't know.

I really hope both he and his twin (Tyler) make the decision to play for Scotland.

I think Jack will be the next United youngster to make the grade, with Tyler not far behind.

Hopefully Darren, Scott McTominay and SAF guide them towards Scotland.

Both only 17 but they do look special.

39 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s the same with that Gray boy at Leeds. Both his dad and his Grandfather played for Scotland. His name is Archie ffs. Scots AF.

They just did not take Mrs Gray over the border to give birth 

21 hours ago, Ranana Ban said:

Can we really blame them now? God who would be clamouring to play for the worst team in the history of the euros.

I don't think we are the worst in Euros history, I actually think we are pretty close to being a top team. One very good centre half and one very good forward/striker (neither has to be world class) and I think we can play in a completely different way and ultimately be more successful.

1 hour ago, albagubrath said:

I don't think we are the worst in Euros history, I actually think we are pretty close to being a top team. One very good centre half and one very good forward/striker (neither has to be world class) and I think we can play in a completely different way and ultimately be more successful.

A top team 🤣🤣🤣 flipping heck, what would a top striker do? We didn't create a chance 

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

The worst team in Euro history. Apart from dozens of others that finished on 0 points. You thick c**t 

Mate I think you need a wee break. You've been following me for a month redding everything. We disagree about a football manager. Prior to that I'm genuinely unsure what the issue is.

Perhaps you can explain why you are so angry with me?

Im not going to retaliate with abuse. Chill out eh

2 hours ago, Ranana Ban said:

Mate I think you need a wee break. You've been following me for a month redding everything. We disagree about a football manager. Prior to that I'm genuinely unsure what the issue is.

Perhaps you can explain why you are so angry with me?

Im not going to retaliate with abuse. Chill out eh

Bing. Stop being a turd. You were red dotting him as well. 

21 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Bing. Stop being a turd. You were red dotting him as well. 

Absolutely and why shouldn't I retaliate?

But if there's and issue which there clearly is I'm happy to talk to the guy and see if we can work it out.

4 minutes ago, Ranana Ban said:

Absolutely and why shouldn't I retaliate?

But if there's and issue which there clearly is I'm happy to talk to the guy and see if we can work it out.

Retaliation? Fucking hell. This isn't the Cold War. It's a public forum to talk about football. In your own words "Chill out eh". It's only a wee red dot, don't let it bother you.

35 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Retaliation? Fucking hell. This isn't the Cold War. It's a public forum to talk about football. In your own words "Chill out eh". It's only a wee red dot, don't let it bother you.

I'm chill my friend, I'm always up for sorting things out tho and resolution 

10 minutes ago, Ranana Ban said:

I'm chill my friend, I'm always up for sorting things out tho and resolution 

I suspect you're wasting your metaphorical breath. I don't know what his fascination with them is, but for some inexplicable reason Mr Numbers there often pops up unbidden at the mention of red dots, like a less-welcome Candyman, and it would probably be more constructive conversing with the latter.

On 30/04/2024 at 13:48, Doctor Manhattan said:

Reddit is actually a great source for these sorts of discussions, and has several sub-reddits dedicated to exactly that.

Here are a couple of examples which have the sole advantage of being freely available online; I doubt you’ll learn anything particularly new from either. The first dates back ten years and is less than scientific, while the second is a little more “scholarly” but draws few actual conclusions.

How The “Down-Vote” Leads To A Vicious Circle Of Negative Feedback

The Sociomateriality of Rating and Ranking Devices on Social Media

Perhaps the most interesting observation in the first one is that “authors that receive no feedback (my italics) are more likely to leave the community entirely”. So, red dots do have their benefits 😉

I remember that conversation. The fascination is how serious users take red dots, myself included for a time: The red dotting phenomenon and its effect upon users and the lesser looked at green dots.

In any case I was pointing out that Bing engaging in a red-dotting war with another user and so it's disingenuous to start making a song and dance about being red dotted if you are doing it back and if it doesn't bother you then why mention it? That's the basic idea.