Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

Seems quite obvious to me that Fiorini isn't going to make it at a decent level. 22 and played 5 times for Charlton last year.

He shouldn't be playing ahead of Lennon Miller imo who is a much better prospect

7 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Seems quite obvious to me that Fiorini isn't going to make it at a decent level. 22 and played 5 times for Charlton last year.

He shouldn't be playing ahead of Lennon Miller imo who is a much better prospect

He had a bad injury last season, was playing regularly in the championship the half season before that. 

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He had a bad injury last season, was playing regularly in the championship the half season before that. 

Fair

Nice assist for the goal as well

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Fair

Nice assist for the goal as well

He is a decent player from what I have seen, hopefully manages an injury free season in the championship or even top end of league one next season. 

It would be good to see Miller getting some decent game time too though. 

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

U21s currently getting battered 4-0 off Austria at half time.

Jotters pleasee

I assume they’re launching fifty yard passes to a five foot winger again. 

No fan of Gemmill, but it was a friendly and you can't really argue with the competitive record so far in this campaign. He shouldn't still be in a job right enough.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

No fan of Gemmill, but it was a friendly and you can't really argue with the competitive record so far in this campaign. He shouldn't still be in a job right enough.

Yep, I can’t help but think that the positive recent results are in spite of Gemmill and that they’d be doing even better with an actual coach. 

Just now, bleedingums said:

Yep, I can’t help but think that the positive recent results are in spite of Gemmill and that they’d be doing even better with an actual coach. 

Has Whittaker still been involved? Seemed to pick up when he came in :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I know the friendlies were not a great success but before them the defence seemed to be doing o.k.  

Any of the youngsters look like , in time , they might be better than what we have at present ?

Sounds like Bowat is at the top of that list at the moment after playing a season in the Austrian Bundesliga. Morrison would possibly be the other but he was only playing league 1 for Wigan last season and was in and out of the team AFAIK. Will be interesting to see what happens with both them next season, though.

5 hours ago, bleedingums said:

Sounds like Bowat is at the top of that list at the moment after playing a season in the Austrian Bundesliga. Morrison would possibly be the other but he was only playing league 1 for Wigan last season and was in and out of the team AFAIK. Will be interesting to see what happens with both them next season, though.

Cheers !