Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

I suspect at whatever time Steve Clarke goes, it will also be a change at under 21 level (and possibly under 19).

Whoever comes in, I would hope they would want a say on how the youth teams train and perform tactically in order to provide that pathway to the full team. They should all be singing from the same hymn sheet or at least have the same sort of philosophies. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Out of curiosity, if we had beaten Kazakhstan, would Belgium have finished second anyway on head to head, or would be have taken it on GD. 

We have an even record with Belgium in head to head (both teams winning 2-0 away) so we would have finished 2nd on GD with any win against Kazakhstan.

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Kazakhstan shouldn't be in UEFA. Almaty is about 150 miles from China ffs, its in no way a European country. If its got problems with its neighbours, tough shit.

Other than 10% of it being in Europe. Which makes it more European than Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and especially Cyprus, which is closer to two other continents than it is Europe, and Israel which is clearly Asian.

Kazakhstan has no major beef with any of its neighbours.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Other than 10% of it being in Europe. Which makes it more European than Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and especially Cyprus, which is closer to two other continents than it is Europe, and Israel which is clearly Asian.

Kazakhstan has no major beef with any of its neighbours.

Fine, bin them all too. 

10 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

All of a sudden I'd quite like Gemmill to stay. I'm sure Mick would be delighted if another manager came out on social media and touted someone for his job because he's incapable of winning playoffs.

There's a group of coaches on Twitter who pummel Kevin Thomsons name at every possible job going.

I've absolutely nothing against him, or any idea if he's any good or not, but I now just hope he fails if/when he gets another job solely because of it.

6 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I suspect at whatever time Steve Clarke goes, it will also be a change at under 21 level (and possibly under 19).

Whoever comes in, I would hope they would want a say on how the youth teams train and perform tactically in order to provide that pathway to the full team. They should all be singing from the same hymn sheet or at least have the same sort of philosophies. 

Seconded