True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

Usually the hipsterish thing to do is to claim you knew something was good before anyone else but I'm quite pleased with myself that I noticed Kelly Reilly was fucking brutal in everything, when she started getting big parts a few years back. Good to see her now getting the mainstream hate she deserves.

Meh again. I actually laughed out loud at the prison visit and Vince Vaughn/kid scene.

Was an ok episode and with only a few episodes to go I'll stick with it. Think they made a big mistake with overall story arc nobody isn't going to be invested in a gangster losing all their money compared to the killing of children from the first season.

Watched through the first season again over the last week and it is in a different league from this one. The dialogue in the second season is awful compared to the first.

I do like Farrell's character and think Vaughan has done a decent job. Agree with everyone else his missus is beyond awful but isn't helped out by getting some of the worst dialogue in the show.

Vaughan and his missus visting the wife of the dead gangster really done nothing. I can't even remember the name of the guy that got killed.

I thought the finale was pretty unsatisfying tbh. Probably a fitting end to an underwhelming season.

Vince Vaughn might as well have faced the audience and announced that his character would die when Frank has the 'if I don't make it to Venezuela' talk with Bezzerides. It was basically a spoiler as to what would happen to both of them ffs.

Edited by Meathead

It was actually better than a lot of US TV. Problem is that the first season made expectations too high. Total flop though. Aye. People watched. It wasn't a flop.

Yes but take away the big name characters and the good name made by the previous series and it's a pretty poor show.

Thought Vaughn was terrible along with the biker guy and the woman. The storyline was too complex and convoluted and had no real point to it.

I really couldn't care less when the characters died and honestly wouldn't pay 99p for the DVD of the series.

Over the piece I enjoyed it. Normally I would steer clear of anything with Vince Vaughn in it, but I thought he played a pretty decent part. I would recommend watching it as a box set rather than over a period of weeks.

The second time you saw his phone - did it not confirm the message had been sent that time?

Nope, it failed to send.

Just started season one, episode one of True Detective. Good decision?

Oh aye. Probably the best single season of TV I've ever seen.