True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

The police done an easy wrap up after the shootout at the trash-guy’s place. The cop who went on to work Hoyt’s security planted the evidence at the shoot-out scene that led to them pinning it on him

This has been fucking excellent. First time in so long watching TV that I’ve been absolutely desperate for the next episode to come around. As long as next week’s pay-off is a good finish then this has been an absolute triumph.

The police done an easy wrap up after the shootout at the trash-guy’s place. The cop who went on to work Hoyt’s security planted the evidence at the shoot-out scene that led to them pinning it on him

This has been fucking excellent. First time in so long watching TV that I’ve been absolutely desperate for the next episode to come around. As long as next week’s pay-off is a good finish then this has been an absolute triumph.
Yeah, it's been class so far...loved the little connection with season 1 we got to see. Still have no idea what's happened to the girl.

Predictions for the finale? 

West is in with Hoyt, he was pretty quick to pull the trigger on James in the interrogation. Maybe the Hoyt conspiracy wanted him out of the way once Wayne was onto him. Was it him that then had Hoyt visit Wayne? He seemed to figure what had happened with nothing to go on? Although there was a third perspective shot of the car stop from the woods when West and Wayne picked James up, so maybe they were being watched by someone? If West was in on it, that could be behind the 25 year fall out to 2015, Wayne just doesn’t remember it now. Remember when he asked West if he could see the black Sudan outside in 2015 a couple of episodes back. West said no but we didn’t get a visual from his POV. Not fully in with all this as it’d be a hell of a risk for West to stand by and watch Wayne do the TV show in 2015 in case anything comes back to him. Maybe Wayne just walks away from the case in 1990 now that they are a threat to his family and his memory problems in 2015 cause him to speak to the TV show resulting in the interest from the Hoyt’s again, but I’m going to go with the twist being West is involved with them.

Edited by Christophe

57 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I've thought the interviewer is the kidnapped girl, trying to find out why no one found her before she escaped

She seems too young to fit the timeframe?  Julie Purcell was about 10 in 1980, no? But then Wayne’s son doesn’t look the correct age in 2015 for the timeframe either so maybe that’s just a continuity error?

Also the reports of Mary July in 1990 seem to have her as severely unhinged, talking about being a princess from the pink room etc. Doubt she’d get her shit together in the next 15 years to make a career out of investigative journalism. 

It could however turn out to be a daughter of hers though maybe? 

Not sure what to make of the final episode. They seemed to get to the truth a bit too easily and I still found all the jumping about between eras a bit annoying. Just noticed Woody Harrelson was one of the mugshots of suspects from the penultimate episode.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Not sure what to make of the final episode. They seemed to get to the truth a bit too easily and I still found all the jumping about between eras a bit annoying. Just noticed Woody Harrelson was one of the mugshots of suspects from the penultimate episode.

tumblr_inline_mmwkxsZjpT1qav425.gif

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I think you need to watch it again :lol:

16 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

I think you need to watch it again :lol:

At the start of the final episode, during the recap of recent events, they mention about the police stopping suspects some years before I think and it shows a sheet of paper with 2 mugshots of said suspects. One of which i'm sure is Harrelson.

ETA.........It's a copy of The Daily Advertiser with the 2 mugshots. On the left is McConaughy and on the right is Harrelson. 

Edited by jimmy boo

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

At the start of the final episode, during the recap of recent events, they mention about the police stopping suspects some years before I think and it shows a sheet of paper with 2 mugshots of said suspects. One of which i'm sure is Harrelson.

The two pictures they show are of the 2 cops that stopped the serial killer. They are the two lead characters from season 1(played by Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson).

Have you seen season 1? If not, it's worth a watch. Don't bother with season 2 though, it's a mess

The two pictures they show are of the 2 cops that stopped the serial killer. They are the two lead characters from season 1(played by Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson).
Have you seen season 1? If not, it's worth a watch. Don't bother with season 2 though, it's a mess
Sorry you're right enough. Yeah I've seen all 3.

19 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Matthew McConaughey was the other 

Edit to add as has been pointed out already!!

Edited by honestly united

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:
  Hide contents

Did anyone think the son was a bit shifty looking when he took the note with the address on it? 

Quite glad it was a happy ending for once as throughout the whole series it seemed destined for disaster. 

Not sure what to make of that. Is he going to investigate it and “solve” the case thus disturbing the peace and anonymity that Mary July/Julie Purcell deserves. Or worse still hand the info over to the doco maker that he’s fucking? I’d like to think nothing further happens, everyone is fairly settled at that point.

Edited by Christophe

She died somewhere between 1990 and 2015, latterly I assume given the snippet we got of him doing Campus security and watching her teach that must’ve been at least 10 years after the 90 timeframe. They didn’t mention what happened though as far as I recall, nor why things were a bit frosty with his daughter for a spell.

Edited by Christophe