True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

Been staying away from this thread to avoid any possible spoilers. What a brilliant series that was from start to finish. Have to agree that the dialogue was quite hard to pick up at times but the acting from Harrelson & McConaughey was top notch and what a superb script. It would be a shame however if they weren't the main characters in season 2.

Loving this so far. The girl in the 2nd episode is incredible!

percy-sea-daddario-hot.jpg

Aye absolutely stunning!

excellent show, awards all round for Woody and Matt.

Must be a 2nd season in the pipeline.

There is a 2nd Season coming, but I think it's going down the American Horror Story route of same title but completely different story and characters, don't know if this means that Harrelson and McConaghy will become that series' Jessica Lange but I have a feeling they won't be in it!!!

But as long as the writing is off a similar standard and they go for the same level of actor in their casting it should still be must-watch television!!!

Imagine another series of Southern based corruption and deviancy with a cracking soundtrack starring the likes of Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem???

I'd watch it!!!

Just finished the last episode and I can safely say that True Detective has shot right into my top few TV shows of all time. Loved every minute of it, and although I am pleased it will return for another series I am gutted that it won't be 'Cohle and Hart Solve Crimes!' and it will be a new set of characters (read somewhere that Louis CK was in line for a role)

The cinematography, the writing, the music, the direction, all top notch. Not to mention the performances. Not just from the main actors but from the scenery, Louisiana manages looks both stunning and incredibly fucking depressing and creepy at the same time!

Also, why the f**k has this only got 3 pages worth of a thread and countless shit TV shows get dozens? It looks bad for P&B. More people should see this!

Devastated this is over :(

Just watched the final episode. Top drawer series from start to finish.

I thought it was common knowledge McConnachie is only doing the first series and Brad Pitt has signed up for the second.

Shame as he was fucking phenomenal.

Brad Pitt hasn't signed up. That's just a rumour at this point.

Also reported that season two will be a procedural format with a 'case of the week' rather than an ongoing storyline. Depressing stuff

Daft idea! They'd be as well calling it something else then.

Sometimes text in spoilers shows up in the mobile app timeline bit so I'm just trying to bump it off.

Just watched the last episode there and it's definitely been one of my favourite shows in a while.

The last part of the show wasn't as good as the rest of the series for me. I don't know exactly what I wanted but that wasn't it, it was a bit of a heroes ride off into the sunset kind of ending which wasn't the way I hoped it would go but I'm being a bit picky. I'm very glad that Cohle wasn't the killer though. I think that would have been to obvious a way to go.

Like someone else said, it seemed a bit rushed at the end as well.

Other than that I thought it was amazing.

Loved everything until the last episode.

Cohle spent years looking over that case and it was essentially solved because Marty noticed that there was a green house in among the evidence. Not for me.

I watched the last episode again because although my initial reaction was "f**k that was awesome!" there were a few things that bugged me, with the big one being...

Marty, a guy who's detective skills haven't exactly been stellar the whole series manages to identify one old photo from years ago. The episode went from slow burning to a million miles an hour after that and it just didn't fit with the feel of the rest of the series. They could have easily had one more episode to make sure it was all concluded at the pace we were used to.

Just caught up with the last two episodes, Amazing series that had everything, tho had to rewind at times to catch what was being said. Very creepy at times.

Hopefully series two will be as good but might be difficult meeting expectations.

Have to admit, I had to have the subtitles on at times.