Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

Buy something and let us know [emoji38]
Does look a bit dodgy - they seem to have quite a few very cheap phones
Yep, the site looks well fake. Doesn't give the manufacturer or model of any of the phones listed plus in the phone description's, some of the writing gets cut off before the end of the lines.🤣

Put me down as another advocate for the Pocophone F1.
I've had it for two weeks now. So much more space, I've kicked the arse out of the battery and still had plenty of juice to spare.
For £325 (I got the 128gb storage version), it's great value for  money.

Where about did you buy yours?

On 3/4/2019 at 18:12, the jambo-rocker said:

Put me down as another advocate for the Pocophone F1.

I've had it for two weeks now. So much more space, I've kicked the arse out of the battery and still had plenty of juice to spare.

For £325 (I got the 128gb storage version), it's great value for  money.

Just got one of these yesterday. Very impressed so far, got the 64gb version for only £235 which seems an amazing price.

Been using it for 9 hours today, including an update and adding lots of apps and it is still on 72% battery.

45 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

Just got one of these yesterday. Very impressed so far, got the 64gb version for only £235 which seems an amazing price.

Been using it for 9 hours today, including an update and adding lots of apps and it is still on 72% battery.

Thats a great price.

For anyone else interested, they are down to £241 on Gearbest for the next day or so

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009492488405.html?wid=1349303&utm_source=mail_api&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=GB_regular_190313_1552470060_z24&eo=GSEVOCUA7C7LS1LB

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

That was at one of their flagship stores in Jakarta so looks like they are pricing it very competitively in this market - exchange rate probably helping as well.

With the Pocophone F1 - has anybody had any issues with the GPS? Went for a run today and it was a nightmare with the Runkeeper app. So annoying as it was fine a couple of days earlier - I have it on high accuracy but it seemed to go off when my screen was blank.

21 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

With the Pocophone F1 - has anybody had any issues with the GPS? Went for a run today and it was a nightmare with the Runkeeper app. So annoying as it was fine a couple of days earlier - I have it on high accuracy but it seemed to go off when my screen was blank.

Possibly something to do with the power saving settings?

• 1 month later...

I haven’t noticed any issue with notifications. What is supposed to be happening?

Something about notification icons. I'm just doing a bit research before I buy.

On 5/12/2019 at 13:54, Waspy said:

Something about notification icons. I'm just doing a bit research before I buy.

I have had mine about two months now and really like it. The operating system takes a bit of getting used to but I genuinely can't tell the difference in performance between this and the S7 Edge I had before. My wife has the iPhone 8 and I prefer the Pocophone - considering I got it for under £250 it's a total bargain.

There appears to be a problem with Xiaomi phones after the Miui 10 update. My notifications don't come through for several apps despite all the relevant permissions being selected. All I get is texts and WhatsApps displayed on the lock screen.

The other issue with the Pocophone is the size of the notch which meant not all of the notification icons at the top can be displayed.

I'd be a bit wary of getting a Chinese phone now with Trumpy's goings on. Google have said they'll have to stop allowing their apps on Huawei phones, could spread to other brands.