Googlebox

Christophe

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm certain I've seen the posh couple on 4 in a bed. Really funny, them and old Leon.

A quick google search confirms it... After their success on Four In A Bed, Ch4 invited them on to gogglebox

You can follow our thoughts on the programme on Twitter: we're @StephAndDomP and @DomParker5.

I've never sen this but almost everyone I work with bangs on about it like its the best show ever. Will have to give it a try, although it reminds me of the Billy Connelly comment about sitting in a house watching people sit in a house. Don't know why it appeals to people, watching people watching TV.

Lmfao at George this week "what about poor old Doris that can't walk into the supermarket in case she has a panic attack about the sliding door? Everyone thinks she's a fucking lunatic. Oh no Susan Boyle she's alright for laying on the floor in her hotel room":lol:

Possibly one of the most intellectual observations you'll hear.

I went to catch up on this on 4OD a few nights ago and I was watching the episode where they eat the beetles in I'm a Celebrity. That was all well and good, and then they said "and next up is the Australian spider". My reaction to that was somewhere between this

post-25055-NOPE-penny-laptop-gif-CDiy.gi
and this
nope-badger.gif
Closed my laptop so hard I nearly smashed the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me that thinks this is absolute drivel? Everyone i know raves about how funny it is, but I've caught it a few times in company who watch it and haven't laughed once. It's literally just folk talking about other tv shows - I can do that with mates whose opinions I value, rather than some idiot strangers who are playing up to the cameras for their 15 minutes of fame.

Giving this show good viewing figures only encourages the networks to churn out more shite like this - reality shows with little to no production costs or imagination involved.

America have their fair share of downright dumb shows, but thankfully they have shows like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, The West Wing, Game of Thrones - they have a couple of stations prepared to invest money in high quality drama.

Can't think the last show of that quality and imagination that was made in the UK. Shite like Gogglebox certainly isn't helping.

deadasdillinger, on 30 Dec 2013 - 10:10, said:

Is it just me that thinks this is absolute drivel? Everyone i know raves about how funny it is, but I've caught it a few times in company who watch it and haven't laughed once. It's literally just folk talking about other tv shows - I can do that with mates whose opinions I value, rather than some idiot strangers who are playing up to the cameras for their 15 minutes of fame.

Giving this show good viewing figures only encourages the networks to churn out more shite like this - reality shows with little to no production costs or imagination involved.

America have their fair share of downright dumb shows, but thankfully they have shows like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, The West Wing, Game of Thrones - they have a couple of stations prepared to invest money in high quality drama.

Can't think the last show of that quality and imagination that was made in the UK. Shite like Gogglebox certainly isn't helping.

Britain doesn't have near the same budget as America does yet we still produce quality shows such as Doctor Who, Life on Mars, Downtown Abbey, Shameless etc. We'll never be able to compete with the look, quality and general acting ability that was seen in shows like Breaking Bad & The Sopranos but we do a decent job nonetheless.

Don't see your point regarding Gogglebox because not every programme that airs has to be a gritty, compelling drama series. America arguably has much more reality shite on their channels than we do.

All absolute shite with the exception of the last one, IMHO.

Yer taste's in yer arse!

The idea behind Gogglebox is shit and I thought I'd hate it but I watched one or two episodes and found myself enjoying it. They've picked an interesting cross section of folk who are generally quite funny. I also like catching up with stuff that I might've missed first time round. The clip of them watching stuff like Educating Yorkshire was brilliant. It gives you a sense of a 'shared moment' which sounds wanky but I quite like it.

Archived