The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

Received and understood, and I'm just fine (and thanks for asking) I'm been using the tips you pm'd me of the treadmill this evening and went sub 25 for 5k.

#winning

#Perthshire

That's absolutely fantastic mate, congratulations! Not that I had any doubts you'd get there.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Phoenix

The Phoenix stood in the same shite twice, since we're reminiscing about it.

8mile has a lot to answer for.

I too recall Seamus being of sound mind at the Golf Day.

No8 is a complete nutter - great guy though.

50 Best Posters in P&B History?

The way things look I'd be very surprised if there have been 50 posters in P&B History :thumbsdown

Seems its just me and some plumber and his multiple personas. Unfortunately for me they all support Celtic.

Its scant consolation, but based on this, I must be nailed on for No 1 on this list.

41. Granny Danger

“Joost because. The younger guys tried to scare him away. I hope he stands his ground and doesn't let youth overcome wisdom.”

Tryfield voting based on wisdom? Absolutely marvelous.

I had my suspicions.

"Frank McAvennie" cast a vote in this poll. He put magee84 in fourth place. I'm now faced with a conundrum. Do I just remove the vote for magee, or remove all of his votes? Magee didn't vote under any other alias as far as I'm aware.

Either way, magee84 is out of the top 50 as a result of losing those points. Someone else is going to step in.

This guy needs an IP ban. Between this and his posts on the other forum, this isn't funny anymore. It's actually quite disturbing.

I am not at liberty to reveal who the comments were made by.

Yarmlike spelling of 'just'; absolute seethe; vague resentment towards the young and the dece... yeah, this one's a NAP from me I'm afraid.

edit: if I'm not mistaken the poster who had the biggest run-in with Granny Danger - namely StandFree - is in his mid 30s. Which makes the whole 'damn kids' thing from Yarmfield even funnier.

FWIW I didn't think GD was that bad until his last month when he was just needlessly hostile a lot of the time. His football input was/is good, though. None of us is perfect. Except the Collector (RIP.)

The way things look I'd be very surprised if there have been 50 posters in P&B History :thumbsdown

I'm certainly no mathematician but I'm fairly certain there has tbf.

Edit: after a quick check it's just under 28000 apparently. Thought you were wrong.

If anyone wants to see the PM Magee sent me I post it up. He still believes he's box office

I honestly don't. As much as I enjoy some of the drama threads on here, I only like them when they're light-hearted and everyone, theoretically at least, is in on the joke. (That's why I got so much mileage out of 8MileBU's shit-flinging exploits.) In the case of magee I think this has well and truly run its course. Tbh I think the mods have a duty of care to keep him off here because some of the stuff going on is absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly don't. As much as I enjoy some of the drama threads on here, I only like them when they're light-hearted and everyone, theoretically at least, is in on the joke. (That's why I got so much mileage out of 8MileBU's shit-flinging exploits.) In the case of magee I think this has well and truly run its course. Tbh I think the mods have a duty of care to keep him off here because some of the stuff going on is absolutely ridiculous.

Agree, whatever has been said in private should remain there. He's not here (or is he?) to defend himself. All this kicked off because of the relentless abuse he received, although at times, he did bring it on himself.

Regarding Seamus, it's a fairly similar tale. I remember not long after joining up, we would converse privately about many things, and he gave me invaluable advice regarding criminal convictions. F**k knows what's happened to him, he's either the biggest WUM on the go, or he's went off his nut.

This guy needs an IP ban. Between this and his posts on the other forum, this isn't funny anymore. It's actually quite disturbing.

It's not disturbing.

All which has happened is a poster has been banned and re-registered to return. You might not wish his return but lets not over dramatize it.

He's probably a sound bloke (stewartymac can testify as he's his mate) who's a little raw at playing forum wars. Comments about him being looking like he abused children etc crossed any line waay more than Magee ever did.

I say this as a person that didn't think he was a forum asset.

Guest The Phoenix

Spot on, Swampy.

Magee and his many reincarnations are beyond tragic.

If he were a horse, he'd be put out of his misery.

Archived