Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

glasgow has some utter depressing places and the place i stay in is probably one of the worst. the east end just looks grim bar a few places.

Clydebank is a toilet.

was in erskine once and despite it being 5 minutes from Glasgow and a bridge from clydebank it seemed like everyone had a small town mentality , bizzare wee place.

was at a party in kimlarnock once in a place not far from where the scheme was filmed once because my pal went to college through there. holy f**k! as me and my mate arrived we saw some wee lassie coming out the toilet with a guy no less than 4 time that night and each time with a different guy :lol: then a brawl erupted in the close between about 12 c***s before a few left stating every body at this party is getting stabbed when they decided to return, at this point me and my pals decided to leave as people in the house began picking up empties, snooker queues etc and physcing themselves up for a return of these other crackpots.before for some reason a guy decided he was so angry he would punch his window and then get angry because it was bleeding :1eye we left and my mate was told the next morning that 2 c***s ended up in hospital becuase of a bottle and sever kicking. so aye killie was some place :lol:

In some places that would be called a miracle...

1) Brechin's fine, although admittedly the bit down the hill on the road out to Montrose (unfortunately the only view the bus travellers get) isn't exactly prime real estate.

2) Sounds like Abbeyview.

Just looked at that Abbeyview place on Google maps it looks nicer than the place I was on about :lol:

Determined to find this now.

glasgow has some utter depressing places and the place i stay in is probably one of the worst. the east end just looks grim bar a few places.

Clydebank is a toilet.

was in erskine once and despite it being 5 minutes from Glasgow and a bridge from clydebank it seemed like everyone had a small town mentality , bizzare wee place.

was at a party in kimlarnock once in a place not far from where the scheme was filmed once because my pal went to college through there. holy f**k! as me and my mate arrived we saw some wee lassie coming out the toilet with a guy no less than 4 time that night and each time with a different guy :lol: then a brawl erupted in the close between about 12 c***s before a few left stating every body at this party is getting stabbed when they decided to return, at this point me and my pals decided to leave as people in the house began picking up empties, snooker queues etc and physcing themselves up for a return of these other crackpots.before for some reason a guy decided he was so angry he would punch his window and then get angry because it was bleeding :1eye we left and my mate was told the next morning that 2 c***s ended up in hospital becuase of a bottle and sever kicking. so aye killie was some place :lol:

Needs more phone catching.

Needs more phone catching.

if only someone had piped up and told us how larsson had cured depression. ;)

wether you choose to believe my story or not is irrelevant. i have seen worse at parties , it was just edgier there because apart from my mate who knew the guy hosting the "party" through his college course me and my mates knew no one at the party. a horrific expierience allround tbh.

There was one wee place that was horrible no far from Dunfermline I think cant mind the name of it, had a wee shopping bit that was in a square horseshoe shape in the centre with these flats on the top, was measuring them one week and the next week they were in the news for some massive drug bust

Just looked at that Abbeyview place on Google maps it looks nicer than the place I was on about :lol:

Hmmm, surprised as I though that Abbeyview fitted the bill exactly. Really can't think of any other place near Dunfermline which has anything like you've described:

Street View 1

Street View 2

It's like another game of 'Name That Toon!', this time without the pictures.

Edited by Hedgecutter

if only someone had piped up and told us how larsson had cured depression. ;)

wether you choose to believe my story or not is irrelevant. i have seen worse at parties , it was just edgier there because apart from my mate who knew the guy hosting the "party" through his college course me and my mates knew no one at the party. a horrific expierience allround tbh.

I was taking the piss mate.

Sounds like a good party tbf.

I was taking the piss mate.

Sounds like a good party tbf.

fair enough , was a fucking nightmare :lol:

we decided to make a weekend of it in killie. this was on the friday , we decided to just have a bevvy in my mates flat on the saturday :lol: and due to rangers financial f**k up that was the last time i was in killie. :(

Someone mentioned Fallin earlier - I used to spend a bit of time there, and it seemed a decent enough place to live, especially as Stirling town centre is within walking distance. Bit miserable if you're an auld yin though, I'd have thought. Plean was a different matter - miserable hellhole with constant running neighbourhood battles and weans breaking everything, along with the worst chippy I've ever been in, where they seemed to have cooked everything the day before. I see they've built lots of new housing in the last decade, and it looked a bit nicer last time I passed through.

I've lived in both Alloa and Sauchie, and both are nice quiet wee places to live, assuming you're happy to travel through to Stirling or Falkirk for entertainment. Tullibody's a different matter, or was when I spent more time there, ten or fifteen years ago. It's just housing, a pub, and a chippy. Oh, and the Tron Court shopping area, which was entirely derelict when last I saw it, barring three shops. And one of them was an empty hole that someone had parked a few arcade machines in (of the Super Sprint vintage).

I'd like to think that Tron Court would be a bustling, vibrant shopping area by now, purely for the local community's sanity.

Ah, Plean. Where the men are men, and so are the women.

It is indeed an utter dump of a place. My in-laws stay along the road in Torwood. Plean Country Park is actually quite nice for a wander.

Fallin is not too bad although Stirling Centre within walking distance?! That's a fair trek!

Lochgelly's some place, and so is Drongan, they'd be my two worst and I've been to pretty much every town in Scotland.

Fife and Ayrshire always struck me as remarkably similar.

Both on the arse end of big cities, both have similar sounding accents and both are full of hick towns stuck in the 1970's.

Hmmm, surprised as I though that Abbeyview fitted the bill exactly. Really can't think of any other place near Dunfermline which has anything like you've described:

Street View 1

Street View 2

It's like another game of 'Name That Toon!', this time without the pictures.

Nah mate its not that one, the shops are on the inside of the square in like a I```I shape facing the road with garages at the back, its driving me round the bend, thought it was Minto Crescent in Glenrothes for a second but its no, had a wee chinese, hairdressers, bakers etc, surely someone in Fife knows what place im speaking about, the place was crawling with jakeys and I was genuinely shitting myself taking measures up the stairs at the flats, think people thought I was with the Polis or something sleuthing about.

Glad to see after going through the 10 pages not even one mention of Arbroath!! :lol:

Nah mate its not that one, the shops are on the inside of the square in like a I```I shape facing the road with garages at the back, its driving me round the bend, thought it was Minto Crescent in Glenrothes for a second but its no, had a wee chinese, hairdressers, bakers etc, surely someone in Fife knows what place im speaking about, the place was crawling with jakeys and I was genuinely shitting myself taking measures up the stairs at the flats, think people thought I was with the Polis or something sleuthing about.

Glad to see after going through the 10 pages not even one mention of Arbroath!! :lol:

Blackhall Road, Kelty or Craigie Street Ballingry?

Lochgelly's some place, and so is Drongan, they'd be my two worst and I've been to pretty much every town in Scotland.

Fife and Ayrshire always struck me as remarkably similar.

Both on the arse end of big cities, both have similar sounding accents and both are full of hick towns stuck in the 1970's.

New Cumnock absolutely pishes all over Drongan in terms of shiteness TBF.