Wasps vs Binos

Waspy

Alloa are quite a tight run club within budget as far as I know. Since Mike Mulraney has came in he's done quite a bit work on the stadium etc so this season will help make up for some of that money again.

Thought when work was happening on a stadium it was meant to be improved?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought when work was happening on a stadium it was meant to be improved?

It's improved quite a bit over the last 10 years. Think that's pretty obvious to anyone unless you're half daft..

It's improved quite a bit over the last 10 years. Think that's pretty obvious to anyone unless you're half daft..

Some tarmac laid down and a gazebo put up. Major improvements right enough.

NAW! The view is still shit and away fans still have to use portaloos. Easily still in the top 5 bigger shiteholes in Scottish Football.

Artificial pitch, new outer wall, covered enclosure, Black and Gold lounge. Probably some more I cant think of right now.

Tell me, what improvements have Stirling Albion FC made to Forthbank? How much money has your club spent on the ground you play at? Would have said your ground but of course it isn't.

There's a dangerous streak of short-term thinking that runs through Scottish football.

I don't agree with that statement at all. What is your evidence.

Specifically related to Alloa it is clearly complete nonsense. And further specifically on encouraging kids to support their local team, are you aware of what the Wasps Community club is and what it does?

Artificial pitch, new outer wall, covered enclosure, Black and Gold lounge. Probably some more I cant think of right now.

Tell me, what improvements have Stirling Albion FC made to Forthbank? How much money has your club spent on the ground you play at? Would have said your ground but of course it isn't.

We painted one of the terraces....

He's clueless, pretty sure I seen a post he wrote glorifying about the "Stirling Juvenile Division" or some pish like it:lol::lol:

I don't agree with that statement at all. What is your evidence.

Specifically related to Alloa it is clearly complete nonsense. And further specifically on encouraging kids to support their local team, are you aware of what the Wasps Community club is and what it does?

I almost didn't post the bit about short-term thinking as I figured that somebody would point out that, in other news, the sky is blue. You genuinely think that the authorities are primarily concerned with the long-term health of the game? :huh:

I've nothing to add about the second paragraph as I didn't write anything about Alloa in this regard.

Nice of Petrofac to personally answer my question about ticket prices :lol:

Pretty confused about this talk of Forthbank being a substantially better ground than the Recs, especially since the place has been spruced up in recent years. I assume you're all at the wind-up?

Pretty confused about this talk of Forthbank being a substantially better ground than the Recs, especially since the place has been spruced up in recent years. I assume you're all at the wind-up?

Forthbank is substantially better than Recs....

I'd much prefer my team to rent a good stadium than own a poorer one.

Your ground is the club's long-term security, and pretty much the only thing of value that it owns. There have been enough teams who've encountered problems after losing their ground that it should be a worry to any renters.

Feels very odd to be pointing this out to an Albion fan, of all people.

Listen, I'll freely admit Alloa are a class above us on the park, and it's good they own their ground, and they're a well run club.

But I don't think it's stretching the truth to say Forthbank is head and shoulders above the Recs, even accounting for recent improvements. I certainly wouldn't want to swap, put it that way.

Archived