Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Tbf he has been involved every week this season that last night was his first game back from about a month injured and his team have been flying. 

And being not good enough to make it at a team miles better than Celtic (last season on the same night Celtic were getting beat to a shambles of a Barca team 7-0 sporting conceded a stoppage time winner at the bernabeu against a real Madrid team on their way to a second consecutive cl title to lose 2-1) isn't exactly shameful. 

He's still a tremendously talented player and still quite young.  Hope he stays on the continent next season.

Should try and get a move to Holland or something, I reckon. 

Could've been interesting if Burke had stayed at Red Bull. With Henderson in Italy, Harper in Spain, Burke in Germany and Gauld in Holland, it would've been a nice comparison to see how they progress in comparison to player staying in the UK. 

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Should try and get a move to Holland or something, I reckon. 

Could've been interesting if Burke had stayed at Red Bull. With Henderson in Italy, Harper in Spain, Burke in Germany and Gauld in Holland, it would've been a nice comparison to see how they progress in comparison to player staying in the UK. 

Holland would suit him well

1 hour ago, woof! said:

He should sign for Rangers. 

Ah yes, that well known hot-bed for bringing through young Scottish players.

Gauld could've gone to Celtic or Rangers 4 years ago if he wanted to settle for that. I honestly can't see him returning to Scotland.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ah yes, that well known hot-bed for bringing through young Scottish players.

Gauld could've gone to Celtic or Rangers 4 years ago if he wanted to settle for that. I honestly can't see him returning to Scotland.

It would be a necessary backward step. Guaranteed games, and he’d find the league a doddle. Raise profile and move on.

1 minute ago, woof! said:

It would be a necessary backward step. Guaranteed games, and he’d find the league a doddle. Raise profile and move on.

What's the point in going to a league which is a "doddle" for him? It's a completely unnecessary backwards step, he'll have plenty clubs in for him that can further his career rather than doing the easy thing and coming back here.

Just now, The Moonster said:

What's the point in going to a league which is a "doddle" for him? It's a completely unnecessary backwards step, he'll have plenty clubs in for him that can further his career rather than doing the easy thing and coming back here.

I don’t think he will.

12 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Came on in the 86th minute tonight in a 3-0 win.

This was a big season for Gauld to put down a marker. Going on loan to a newly promoted side he should have been playing week in, week out and one of their main men. Instead he has been a bit part player.

Can see him being freed by sporting at the end of the season, he clearly isn’t good enough to make it with them. Disappointing.

He's contracted at Sporting until 2020, I doubt they'll be freeing him.

Just now, woof! said:

I don’t think he will.

You don't think any clubs aside from Scottish clubs will be interested in him?  

Moving to Scotland would be pointless, signing for Rangers even more so, he'd learn absolutely nothing and Murty hardly the seems the type to get him sage advice. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Moving to Scotland would be pointless, signing for Rangers even more so, he'd learn absolutely nothing and Murty hardly the seems the type to get him sage advice. 

Murty is proving an excellent coach and Rangers are playing sublime football. I din’t think he'd be guaranteed a game at Celtic and other Scottish clubs would not be good for his career. He’d find the league easy with Rangers but he’d still be under pressure and that's good. He needs games, going to the championship in England would be risky on the physical side and if he can’t get a game for a mid table Portuguese team what other top European league would he get a game in?

23 minutes ago, woof! said:

He needs games, going to the championship in England would be risky on the physical side 

:lol: He was brought up playing football in Scotland FFS. 

What other leagues could he get a game in? Well, given he's played for 3 Portuguese teams so far (and been fairly successful at one of those clubs until his parent club lost the nut and recalled him) I'd say it's likely that he won't need to move to another league if Sporting do want him out the door. Roma were interested in him when Sporting signed him. Young Boys in Switzerland tried to take him on loan when he was recalled last season. He's had interest from all over Europe for most of his career, I highly doubt one loan spell where he hasn't seen much game time will mean he needs to come home to Scotland to play for one of the Old Firm.  Gauld himself said last year he would rather continue playing abroad than coming back to Scotland if Sporting were to tell him he could leave. I honestly think Rangers would be the last place on his list.

What other leagues could he get a game in? Well, given he's played for 3 Portuguese teams so far (and been fairly successful at one of those clubs until his parent club lost the nut and recalled him) I'd say it's likely that he won't need to move to another league if Sporting do want him out the door. Roma were interested in him when Sporting signed him. Young Boys in Switzerland tried to take him on loan when he was recalled last season. He's had interest from all over Europe for most of his career, I highly doubt one loan spell where he hasn't seen much game time will mean he needs to come home to Scotland to play for one of the Old Firm.  Gauld himself said last year he would rather continue playing abroad than coming back to Scotland if Sporting were to tell him he could leave. I honestly think Rangers would be the last place on his list.

Didn’t realise he was under contract until 2020, in which case they won’t release him. Likely it will be another loan again next season.

We keep hearing people talk about his successful loan and how it was pulled early (madness obviously) but didn’t he only play half a dozen games before that happened.

He seems to suffer from a lack of momentum career wise, things start to go well and he gets an injury or loan pulled etc

Wherever he ends up next though it really needs to be a success for his career to finally take off.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The Championship in England is far more physical than Scotland - get a grip! He should stay in Portugal if he’s getting games, but his career is in the balance if he spends much more time on the bench at this key stage.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Didn’t realise he was under contract until 2020, in which case they won’t release him. Likely it will be another loan again next season.

We keep hearing people talk about his successful loan and how it was pulled early (madness obviously) but didn’t he only play half a dozen games before that happened.

He seems to suffer from a lack of momentum career wise, things start to go well and he gets an injury or loan pulled etc

Wherever he ends up next though it really needs to be a success for his career to finally take off.

He started on the bench at Vitoria and worked his way into the team before he got recalled. That's success to me and if he'd been allowed to stay there and continue playing we'd probably know a lot more about his level. Tend to agree that injuries seem an issue for him, this season especially.