Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

:lol: He was brought up playing football in Scotland FFS. 

What other leagues could he get a game in? Well, given he's played for 3 Portuguese teams so far (and been fairly successful at one of those clubs until his parent club lost the nut and recalled him) I'd say it's likely that he won't need to move to another league if Sporting do want him out the door. Roma were interested in him when Sporting signed him. Young Boys in Switzerland tried to take him on loan when he was recalled last season. He's had interest from all over Europe for most of his career, I highly doubt one loan spell where he hasn't seen much game time will mean he needs to come home to Scotland to play for one of the Old Firm.  Gauld himself said last year he would rather continue playing abroad than coming back to Scotland if Sporting were to tell him he could leave. I honestly think Rangers would be the last place on his list.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He started on the bench at Vitoria and worked his way into the team before he got recalled. That's success to me and if he'd been allowed to stay there and continue playing we'd probably know a lot more about his level. Tend to agree that injuries seem an issue for him, this season especially.

Lol he's had like two small ones.  The pish people come out with amazes me.  And 'suffers from a lack of momentum' too like that's a thing.

Also the guy above is right the championship is way more physical.  Scotland is a physical style but that is a league where the actual size of the players and physique is on a much higher level.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol he's had like two small ones.  The pish people come out with amazes me.  And 'suffers from a lack of momentum' too like that's a thing.

He seems to have had more than 2 niggling injuries which have kept him out for a few weeks at a time this season.  I didn't say the momentum thing but you don't believe getting a run of games in a team is conducive to a player improving their performance?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He seems to have had more than 2 niggling injuries which have kept him out for a few weeks at a time this season.  I didn't say the momentum thing but you don't believe getting a run of games in a team is conducive to a player improving their performance?

Of course it is but it's also sometimes outwit their control.

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yes he did

No, he didn't;

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

He seems to suffer from a lack of momentum career wise, things start to go well and he gets an injury or loan pulled etc

Quite clearly states that injuries and his loan being recalled as the blame for his lack of games. 

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

If it wasn't his fault the correct phraseology is seems to have suffered.  

No, that would be the correct phraseology if his suffering was in the past. He is currently still suffering from a lack of game time, brought on by injury and his loan being recalled.  No idea why you've felt the need to drag the arse out of this when a simple "sorry, I read it incorrectly" would've done.

No, that would be the correct phraseology if his suffering was in the past. He is currently still suffering from a lack of game time, brought on by injury and his loan being recalled.  No idea why you've felt the need to drag the arse out of this when a simple "sorry, I read it incorrectly" would've done.

So he's suffering from a lack of game time right now due to his loan being recalled fourteen months ago?  You're suffering from a lack of brain cells

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

So he's suffering from a lack of game time right now due to his loan being recalled fourteen months ago?  You're suffering from a lack of brain cells

No, as my post (that one right above yours and also quoted within yours) clearly states injury (which he's just this week returned from) has stopped his game time as well. I don't know why you need to make such a massive c**t of yourself on every thread.

No, as my post (that one right above yours and also quoted within yours) clearly states injury (which he's just this week returned from) has stopped his game time as well. I don't know why you need to make such a massive c**t of yourself on every thread.

He is currently still suffering from a lack of game time, brought on by injury and his loan being recalled

your words champ /\