Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Again the railway bridge across Thornbush Road, Inverness yesterday bags another victim.

Not sure where this is, take that left and Grant Street Park home of Clachnacuddin is right in front of you.

image.png.27a62f99c0fdce48ab8be108feb33e9a.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49959941

Fun fact, I once fingered a girl around the first corner on your left after I went to see a gig in the Clach Club in about 1997. Not sure if this had anything to do with the crash though. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Fun fact, I once fingered a girl around the first corner on your left after I went to see a gig in the Clach Club in about 1997. Not sure if this had anything to do with the crash though. 

Maybe the driver of the lorry saw the poor traumatised lassie still there and, like you at the time, lost control of his load. 

16 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

An honour to have you here, Mr. President.

17 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Maybe the driver swerved when he saw her ghost.

3 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Woman Eats Jesus !!!!      Wonder if she'll bring him back up after 3 days  ??

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/glasgow-mum-eats-jesus-after-20540757

Why is it always Jesus that these fruitcakes see? Just a vague image of a guy with a beard - could be Gandalf.

My favourite story along these lines was when a faint image of "Jesus" appeared on the outside wall of a cafe in Mexico. Every time it rained, the image became clearer, until finally somebody realised it was a poster for a Willie Nelson concert that had been whitewashed over.

Edited by GordonD

He's a fat bloke who can carry tonnes on a wee wooden sleigh led by flying reindeer. He can also get down the chimney of houses that don't actually have a chimney.

He's not magical enough to be in two places at once though, and Lochee is definitely the only place in the world that he hangs out in the lead up to Christmas.

Those poor children.

On 09/10/2019 at 15:22, GordonD said:

Why is it always Jesus that these fruitcakes see? Just a vague image of a guy with a beard - could be Gandalf.

My favourite story along these lines was when a faint image of "Jesus" appeared on the outside wall of a cafe in Mexico. Every time it rained, the image became clearer, until finally somebody realised it was a poster for a Willie Nelson concert that had been whitewashed over.

My favourite story along these lines was when the image of a bishop appeared on a skirting board in the parochial house of an island off the cost of Ireland.

11 minutes ago, mathematics said:

My favourite story along these lines was when the image of a bishop appeared on a skirting board in the parochial house of an island off the cost of Ireland.

I liked the one where the Virgin Mary appeared as water damage in a scummy pub in Philadelphia.

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

That one was never proved - the person sent to investigate suffered a mysterious injury and was in a state of shock for weeks.

On 09/10/2019 at 15:22, GordonD said:

Former Motherwell Superstar Brian Martin found an image of Jimmy Hill burnt onto the bottom of his iron. Also a guy with a beard. Spooky.

Fact courtesy of The Sun circa 2000.

11 hours ago, The Master said:

This sort of thing does my nut in. I get that there are two Santa's, so each has a grotto, but there are two, so surely the apostrophe goes after the "s"?

Edited by coprolite
I took great care not to apostrophise my plural, but autocorrect did it anyway. Now I look like a stupid c**t instead of just a c**t. Thanks autocorrect, you dick