Fallout 4

Goran

I've left the main bridge open but stuck a zig-zag of walls on it, and a couple of turrets waiting round the corners. Then a guard post and another turret at the end and a couple of spotlights up on the columns to the side :thumsup2

I havent got round to walling off the rest though :lol:

I've got a couple of guard posts and three turrents on the south side bridge, two turrets and a guard post on the bridge leading into vault 111, a turret and guard post next to the house with the benches and one turret guarding an approach that leads down to the water where I put a water purifier. Also dmeolished a house and stuck an aritllery piece in there, haven't gotten round to walling up the complex yet, built a few shacks as well, but in all honesty you'd think the settlers would be more comfortable in the ruined houses anyway.

Stillm, there's a jukebox, working TV and a basketball court so they can't be totally bored, what with all the subsistence farming as well.....

I went into the Fish Packing plant just as I was planning to turn the game off last night. Top level is fine, but once you get to the lower level the synths get let out. I used so many stimpaks, and sooo much ammo to fight my way out of the compound.

I tried walling off Sanctuary, but it looks so bad. Then spotted so many places where you could just walk straight through. Wanted to finish it off, but looking at some other places I've visited, feel like I'd rather build there.

Yeah, its really hard to get the walls to join up properly sometimes and any slope is a pain in the arse! I walled from the main bridge round to the right, as you're looking at the bridge, up to the first house. Had loads of gaps, ended up having to put other bits of wall in front of the main line to plug them. Doesnt look great.

I've got a couple of guard posts and three turrents on the south side bridge, two turrets and a guard post on the bridge leading into vault 111, a turret and guard post next to the house with the benches and one turret guarding an approach that leads down to the water where I put a water purifier. Also dmeolished a house and stuck an aritllery piece in there, haven't gotten round to walling up the complex yet, built a few shacks as well, but in all honesty you'd think the settlers would be more comfortable in the ruined houses anyway.

Stillm, there's a jukebox, working TV and a basketball court so they can't be totally bored, what with all the subsistence farming as well.....

I did the same with the water purifier. I havent built any shacks in Sanctuary yet, just cleared out some of the old houses and put beds in there.

Rugs. Rugs make people happy, apparently.

Yeah, its really hard to get the walls to join up properly sometimes and any slope is a pain in the arse! I walled from the main bridge round to the right, as you're looking at the bridge, up to the first house. Had loads of gaps, ended up having to put other bits of wall in front of the main line to plug them. Doesnt look great.

I did the same with the water purifier. I havent built any shacks in Sanctuary yet, just cleared out some of the old houses and put beds in there.

Rugs. Rugs make people happy, apparently.

Rugs? Really? Fair dos, will have to get into that.

The 100 percent a settlement cheevos requires 16 level 3 traders (the ones that affect happiness are clinics and food etc (cost me about 15,000 caps)) and 5 villagers on food. Power doesn't affect happiness and defence at about 80. Water also about 50.

Edited by Darren1872

I've never played any of the Fallout series but I'm probably going to pick this up later on tonight. Am I best playing 3 and then 4 or is that a daft question?

I tried watching some streams and videos on this aswell and just do not have a clue what is going on. Is it a case of everybody's saves being different or is there a set story mode to follow?

Edited by Central

For people having problem with walls and fences etc. the concrete foundation stuff is supposed to level everything out which you can then build on. I was going to try at some point this week. It can be found in the wood section of the workshop.

Has anyone else tried it yet? I have been using the bridge stuff was in the misc. section of the wood as it will drop or increase the heigh depending on the slope of the land.

3 is much better IMO. They are both however great games.

Really? I loved 3 but Im enjoying 4 just as much.

From the point of view of the story, theres no point playing 3 first.

For people having problem with walls and fences etc. the concrete foundation stuff is supposed to level everything out which you can then build on. I was going to try at some point this week. It can be found in the wood section of the workshop.

Has anyone else tried it yet? I have been using the bridge stuff was in the misc. section of the wood as it will drop or increase the heigh depending on the slope of the land.

Couple of good suggestions there :)

Concrete in the wood section...cheers Bethesda :rolleyes:

I've never played any of the Fallout series but I'm probably going to pick this up later on tonight. Am I best playing 3 and then 4 or is that a daft question?

I tried watching some streams and videos on this aswell and just do not have a clue what is going on. Is it a case of everybody's saves being different or is there a set story mode to follow?

Don't play 3 after 4 because it'll be tarnished by how dated it will immediately feel.

Built o load of tesla bombs and radiation bombs at the start of sanctuary, connected them to power without turning the generator off...

I now have to rebuild a lot of bombs.

Anyone particularly familiar with the Boston area? My only gripe compared to Fallout 3 is that it was a surreal experience to see all the world-famous monuments in their post-apocalypse condition. I haven't had any of that for this game, purely due to my own ignorance of the area. I'm sure the American players would get more out of it in that respect.

A Fallout game based in London could be fun for that reason, although the hideous Cockernee accents would grate pretty fast. Would be nice to know what's going on over in China too - I don't think the games have included any information about what life's like outside the US, have they?

Anyone particularly familiar with the Boston area? My only gripe compared to Fallout 3 is that it was a surreal experience to see all the world-famous monuments in their post-apocalypse condition. I haven't had any of that for this game, purely due to my own ignorance of the area. I'm sure the American players would get more out of it in that respect.

A Fallout game based in London could be fun for that reason, although the hideous Cockernee accents would grate pretty fast. Would be nice to know what's going on over in China too - I don't think the games have included any information about what life's like outside the US, have they?

I thought having a city inside Fenway Park was a brilliant touch (Diamond City). Don't know anything else about Boston either.