Fallout 4

Goran

7 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

I'm surprisingly struggling with this game, and I know a bit about Bethesda games.  I'm level 5 and trying to help that group of settlers at the start of the game get to rid of the raiders that are hassling them nearby. Even killing one feral ghoul is a difficult task let alone 4 or 5 raiders shooting at me.  I've no power armour and relying on shitty weapons/apparel.  Should I go back a bit and try to find a way to recharge that power armour at the start of the game where you have to beat the Deathclaw?

What armor are you wearing? 

I have some leather items but think their damage protection is slightly less?  Probably best if I post back tomorrow and be a bit more specific. Watching/reading some tutorials just now.

ETA It's the area around Red Rock Gas Station that I'm struggling with.  I think the Power Armour is in Sanctuary.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

12 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

I have some leather items but think their damage protection is slightly less?  Probably best if I post back tomorrow and be a bit more specific. Watching/reading some tutorials just now.

ETA It's the area around Red Rock Gas Station that I'm struggling with.  I think the Power Armour is in Sanctuary.

Right so ive put together a very basic guide for you to help you get started.

1. Is the Red Rocket station  - At the back of the station there is a small cave, inside you will find some mole rats that aren't too hard to dispatch and a weapon/ammo/gear bag plus a fresh fusion core for your armor.

2. Is the Robotics disposal ground - Ignore the large switched off robot, as long as you don't mess around with the console inside he wont power up. If you killed him he is a guaranteed drop of 2 fusion cores but at your level he is next to impossible. But there is a military trunk next to him with some gear and another fusion core for your power armor. There is also a damaged set of power armor just across the road from here next to a crashed vertibird (helicopter)

3. Is USAF Satellite Station Olivia - A early raider dungeon where you can secure some decent gear, ammo armor etc which shouldn't pose too much of a challenge as long as you are careful. There is a mole rat that spawns on the east side with mines attached to it, if it see's you it will try to suicide itself so prioritize killing any mole rats you encounter just to be safe. Inside the biggest problem is a bandit that spawns with a mini gun but if you use cover and wear him down you should be okay. There is another fusion core inside connected to a generator. 

http://fallout4map.com/

Interactive map that might be of use to you

f04.png

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

15 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Neither do I, but I've been playing Fallout games for years 

Same. Spent an awful lot of hours on 3 and Skyrim. In fact, they are both on the very short list of games Ive actually completed - which also includes Fallout 4 :lol:

I havent started either of the quest DLCs though :)

23 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Same. Spent an awful lot of hours on 3 and Skyrim. In fact, they are both on the very short list of games Ive actually completed - which also includes Fallout 4 :lol:

I havent started either of the quest DLCs though :)

Both are good, Far Harbour has loads to discover and Nuka-World is fun

4 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Right so ive put together a very basic guide for you to help you get started.

1. Is the Red Rocket station  - At the back of the station there is a small cave, inside you will find some mole rats that aren't too hard to dispatch and a weapon/ammo/gear bag plus a fresh fusion core for your armor.

2. Is the Robotics disposal ground - Ignore the large switched off robot, as long as you don't mess around with the console inside he wont power up. If you killed him he is a guaranteed drop of 2 fusion cores but at your level he is next to impossible. But there is a military trunk next to him with some gear and another fusion core for your power armor. There is also a damaged set of power armor just across the road from here next to a crashed vertibird (helicopter)

3. Is USAF Satellite Station Olivia - A early raider dungeon where you can secure some decent gear, ammo armor etc which shouldn't pose too much of a challenge as long as you are careful. There is a mole rat that spawns on the east side with mines attached to it, if it see's you it will try to suicide itself so prioritize killing any mole rats you encounter just to be safe. Inside the biggest problem is a bandit that spawns with a mini gun but if you use cover and wear him down you should be okay. There is another fusion core inside connected to a generator. 

http://fallout4map.com/

Interactive map that might be of use to you

f04.png

Much appreciated Edgarus that must've taken you a bit of time to make that post.  I'll go through it later.  Genuinely can't understand why I'm finding things like Feral Gouls and Raiders so difficult, I'm a very casual games player but I usually know what I'm doing with the Bethesda ones.

Don't really want to do that tbh but I was finding my bullets doing very little damage on the Ferals and my armour is pretty poor.  I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Might go back a bit and explore a bit more first before taking on that building full of Raiders, I'm sure Bethesda games are known for making it clear when you're not ready for a certain stage of the game so I'm maybe pushing through it too quickly.  Could also do with working out how to use the workbenches, have never done that or any of the alchemy type stuf in Fallout 3 or Skyrim.

Alchemy in Skyrim was well underutilised. Really powerful, after w couple of different play throughs I did a high alchemy build. OP as f**k.

Anyway without great armour the only way to play the game is skirmishing in cover I find. For ferals, their legs come off after a couple of shots. A shotgun if you can find one or invest in one will make that very easy. Aim for the legs and even if they don't die, they're stuck prone and stop ducking and weaving the way they do.

1 hour ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Much appreciated Edgarus that must've taken you a bit of time to make that post.  I'll go through it later.  Genuinely can't understand why I'm finding things like Feral Gouls and Raiders so difficult, I'm a very casual games player but I usually know what I'm doing with the Bethesda ones.

Honestly, it took me 5 minutes :P No worries buddy. Stellaboz makes a point, What difficulty are you playing?

I've just put the game back on 20 minutes ago, I'm playing whatever difficulty the default setting is.  It's the Drifter Outfit that I'm wearing with a gas mask, welding goggles and wedding ring and it was Corvega Assembly Plant that was killing me. Going to find Abernethy Farm there's apparently a decent side mission there.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta