Fallout 4

Goran

I've been enjoying it so far.  It's very different for me when in the other games I just used to explore the map shooting what came in front of me.  Not sure you can do that so much in this game.  At this stage in Skyrim I'd take out a group of Raiders with 10/12 arrows but I couldn't kill a single one at Corvega. There's definitely more of an RPG element.

2 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Filled my power armor rack, considering building a larger one away from my apartment as i definitely have more to find. Some need more parts but i have the frames at least.

20160901191429_1.jpg

FFS I'm still looking for a piece of leather for my right arm.:lol:

Quick couple of questions.  It was the leather left arm that I was missing, I've bought one from Connie at Abernethy Farm twice now but can't find it in my inventory, any ideas why?  Also when you scrap something does it transfer directly to the workshops in that area (which is what seems to happen) rather than carrying it and having to transfer manually?

ETA I've figured out scrapping and didn't realise you have to confirm trading before buying, can't remember doing that before.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

I've played a fair bit of the new Nuka World DLC. Decent idea to base it on a theme park as allows for some varied locations. I've just taken over one of the zones so far.

The only downside is the story for the main quest line is garbage and makes little sense after spending so long fighting against the raiders. A couple of the side quests seem interesting and its good to see the skill checks that were missing from the main game.

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

I've played a fair bit of the new Nuka World DLC. Decent idea to base it on a theme park as allows for some varied locations. I've just taken over one of the zones so far.

The only downside is the story for the main quest line is garbage and makes little sense after spending so long fighting against the raiders. A couple of the side quests seem interesting and its good to see the skill checks that were missing from the main game.

Raiders aren't all one group, they are sporadic nomads, so I can totally see a group aligning with someone that is a enemy of a opponent. 

I've completed it now, done everything except the radiant/repeatable quests. Taking a settlement for the Raiders is much more useful than taking it for the boring minutemen, they give you regular caps as tribute.

The story is largely meh but the gear you can find is great, plus taking over a minutemen settlement turns Preston against you so you don't have to worry about his constant settlement crap

Bought Nuka World and only a wee bit into it but already feel a massive lack of story means I'm not gonna dig it. Really enjoyed Far Harbour but feel like should've read more reviews before investing in this.

Raiders aren't all one group, they are sporadic nomads, so I can totally see a group aligning with someone that is a enemy of a opponent. 

True, but every raider group you come across in the main game is hostile. The three raider groups are all scum but you have no choice but to work with them. Its just lazy writing and easily could have been better.

36 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

True, but every raider group you come across in the main game is hostile. The three raider groups are all scum but you have no choice but to work with them. Its just lazy writing and easily could have been better.

Agree that the writing is lazy, but still feel the scenario is believable, if and this is a big if, they actually bothered to have the other factions dispute your instant and immediate leadership 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

Not picked up fallout for a while and thinking of going back to it. Never bought a dlc for any game before, what ones are available for fallout and are they worth it?

Depends what you want to do.

There are a few that add stuff to the crafting - like robots and factory stuff and two "story" add ons that have extra quests and areas to explore.

Theres a list here - clicky

12 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Been taking a break from Fallout 4, been playing New Vegas instead :lol: Better written game IMO

Definitely.  Obsidian wrote a far better story, but the world itself wasn't up to the polish of the other games.  A Fallout game crafted by the usual team and written by Obsidian would clean up.  Fallout 4's writing is pretty poor in comparison.

46 minutes ago, forameus said:

Definitely.  Obsidian wrote a far better story, but the world itself wasn't up to the polish of the other games.  A Fallout game crafted by the usual team and written by Obsidian would clean up.  Fallout 4's writing is pretty poor in comparison.

With mods to restore lost content and the outstanding DLC's it's the better game 

Reading the wiki there and i came across a article written by a butthurt fanboy about how Bethesda are "ruining the franchise"

"Bethesda's take on the Fallout franchise is truly destructive to the series as a whole. They are taking away the choice, immersion, and RPG mechanics in favor of shocking gore, combat, and in Fallout 4's case, settlement building. Bethesda is also throwing out lore consistency in order to "have fun" with the writing, as Pete Hines said. Bethesda is making their own series with the Fallout branding, and completely disregarding the story, lore, and fans of the original Fallout games."

While i agree that the RPG elements were dumbed down in 4, i don't agree that they are destroying the franchise. End of the day Bethesda bought the rights to an cult franchise that wasn't well known outside of the US and turned it into a worldwide franchise that is highly regarded. Only reason the original makers sold up was because they had run out of money trying to make their own 3rd title because cult titles don't tend to be profitable.