Fallout 4

Goran

Started playing a bit of Fallout 3 for a change of pace, literally not played it in years, kinda brilliant cause i remember very little of it so its kinda fresh. Got in the mood to watch after i started watching Many A True Nerd's playthru of it. Kinda brilliant, he calls it "You only live once" basically no healing, no limb repair, no addiction curing, no rad healing. He has to get as far as possible with just 1 health bar. Pretty original idea and its a fun watch. 

Went back to this after not having played it for about 7 or 8 months. I'm currently level 17 but I feel massively underpowered compared to alot of enemies. Think I might spend a bit of time scavenging and crafting weapons/explosives.

21 hours ago, spud131 said:

Went back to this after not having played it for about 7 or 8 months. I'm currently level 17 but I feel massively underpowered compared to alot of enemies. Think I might spend a bit of time scavenging and crafting weapons/explosives.

By lvl 30 you will be overpowered compared to everyone else. Bethesda made a bit of a arse of the level progression

On 22/09/2016 at 15:34, spud131 said:

I'm finding it much easier now I've modded some weapons. Could do with getting some leather to upgrade my armour though. 

6 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Breakdown spare leather armor, leather clothing, hunt radstag's for their excellent meat(great healing item) and their hides. 

I've been transferring spare  leather armour into the workstation in sanctuary in the hope that would give me leather to use to mod what I'm wearing. How do I break it down and is that what I have to do with spare weapons to get screws etc to mod the weapons I carry with me? 

I've been transferring spare  leather armour into the workstation in sanctuary in the hope that would give me leather to use to mod what I'm wearing. How do I break it down and is that what I have to do with spare weapons to get screws etc to mod the weapons I carry with me? 

You have to take weapons and armour to their respective workbenchs and scrap them. Then you can dump the components you'll get into the main workbench.

The main workbench will automatically scrap junk for you but not weapons or armour

25 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Thats going to make a huge difference to me, thanks. Do I have to take the scrapped components to the main workbench to use them for armour or weapons or can I just leave the components in their respective workbenches and use them to mod what I'm using. 

You can leave them in the respective workbenches, yes. Im not sure, though, if they will then be available to use elsewhere or not.

Easiest way is :

- scrap weapons/armour at their workbench

- do whatever mods you want at that workbench

- dump any left over components in the main settlement workbench

6 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Screws and leather are what I need most. I'll have plenty once I've scrapped spare armour and weapons, might scrap a couple of mods I don't use as well. 

If you need screws then look for the perk that allows you to get rarer items when you scrap things. Particularly weapons. You'll be scrapping most pipe weapons since they're pretty lame. Eventually you can scrap decent weapons too - stick with 2 or 3 weapons and scrap what you don't use.

27 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Screws and leather are what I need most. I'll have plenty once I've scrapped spare armour and weapons, might scrap a couple of mods I don't use as well. 

Slightly different thing, but make sure you dump all your mods in the workbench too. They can be quite heavy but, as they're not classed as junk, they dont transfer when you select "store all junk"

By lvl 30 you will be overpowered compared to everyone else. Bethesda made a bit of a arse of the level progression

Spent a fair bit of time upgrading all my gear and crafting lots of mines and explosives and finding it alot easier going now (although still challenging)!!

56 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Started developing my settlements and setting up supply lines.

What is the point in the mechanist lair when you can't grow food or install water pumps?

Think its meant more as a player home than a settlement, even though you can connect the supply lines, unlike Homebase

Apparently (although Ive never tried it) food and water is shared along supply lines. I think, for this to happen, you need to have the excess food/water in the workbench rather than it just being grown

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Started developing my settlements and setting up supply lines.

What is the point in the mechanist lair when you can't grow food or install water pumps?

Some people (me) can't be arsed with the settlement thing anymore so Bethesda gave us a settlement we could convert into a base just for ourselves/companions

Had to head out to get a few chores done and i was thinking about the fallout 3 campaign since i'd just finished it and i realised that with the exception of changing your dad to your son, the enclave to the institute and jumble the order around the BOS storyline in FO4 is identical to the main story in FO3, well that is all the major events.

Leaving a vault to find your family member
Family Member dies at some point. 
Join the Brotherhood to counter a technologically advanced enemy.
Use Liberty Prime to fight said enemy.
Blow up enemy base.