Fallout 4

Goran

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but some mods will now becoming out on the ps4. The mods will have to be made of stuff already available in the base game or dlc though and there is no date for it yet.

I've been playing through the Nuka World DLC and have a hit a bug which means I can't complete the main mission. You can need to kill somebody called Oswald but he is impossible to kill as his health constantly regenerates. You can get round out by passing a speech check to get him to leave peacefully so I'll need to try and find stuff to boast my charisma up by at least 3 points.

On 25/10/2016 at 08:36, Mr X said:

Dont think so. But try this site or Can I Run It for a more accurate answer

It will run fine. The game is poorly optimized tho so you will see fps drops in cities, but there isn't a PC out there that doesn't. There are a few good texture optimization mods out there that drastically improve performance 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but some mods will now becoming out on the ps4. The mods will have to be made of stuff already available in the base game or dlc though and there is no date for it yet.

I've been playing through the Nuka World DLC and have a hit a bug which means I can't complete the main mission. You can need to kill somebody called Oswald but he is impossible to kill as his health constantly regenerates. You can get round out by passing a speech check to get him to leave peacefully so I'll need to try and find stuff to boast my charisma up by at least 3 points.

I had to f**k about with console commands to get by that glitchy c**t

I had to f**k about with console commands to get by that glitchy c**t

Found another way to get by him, there is tape in Braberton which is in the top right if the map. When I went back to Oswald I had the option of giving him the tape and he took it and buggered off without a fight.

The season pass is back down at 24.99 on ps marketplace, is it worthwhile ?

Far Harbour is the really only decent DLC. I would just get that on its own. Nuka World and the robot DLC aren't that impressive and the rest all just settlement building stuff.

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The season pass is back down at 24.99 on ps marketplace, is it worthwhile ?

Not for that price. I got mine for £15 long before they upped the price. I'd say a maximum of £20 for the season pass, only Far Harbor is worth getting TBH, the rest are largely forgettable or surpassed by mods

3 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

I thought that Nuka World and Automatron were pretty good as well. If you're in to settlement building then the other add-ons will give you a lot more content as well.

Automatron seems quite basic to me. Get this, find that, kill this. End. IMO. 

Restarted the game last week and binged it today.

Reached Libertalia, one of my favourite places, remembering the p***k on the warship with the fat man I took my own.

I picked all the raiders on the small boats off with a sniper, bombarded the big ship with every fat man and missile I had.

Jump on the lift, the b*****d with the fatman appears and kills me.

f**k.

Problem settlement -

Warwick Homestead, this was one of the last settlements I started (about 6 weeks ago). I do like the settlements and I've taken the Minutemen path with some Railroad missions and a brief encounter with the BOS, no contact with the Institute (I'm up to bringing the Courser chip to the Railroad) I'm aware that of the Institute and their plans for WH and that Roger Warwick is a synth as his name is on an institute synthfiltration list. But something weird happened last night when I paid a visit. A week ago I did my usual rounds going from settlement to settlement collecting caps and making sure that what ever is stored in the workshop is at a minimum (to minimise attacks from enemies) and fast traveled to Warwick Homestead and as soon as I entered the place the 10 settlers (the 4 Warwick family members plus Cedric Hopkin, Bill Sutton and 4 settlers) were in a panic, Roger Warwick was accusing his wife of being a synth and was going to kill her, wtf!! and everyone was either shouting or crying. I told him to leave her alone and that he has no proof of this and he agreed and walked away. That's your wife ffs!!

All has been well on the last couple of visits until last night when I arrived I went looking for June Warwick to trade with and found her dead lying on the floor next to her bed in her underwear???. I went back out and checked the 5 other core settlers to see what they had to say and they all started talking all at once. Roger talking to his youngest about that he was alright and so was June??. I thought, wait a minute, just want to check something. So I went back into the sleeping quarters and checked June Warwick's inventory and wtf I found a synth component on her??

I was under the impression that only Roger was a synth and that was part of a side quest where June Warwick and Bill Sutton become suspicious of Roger Warwick because of a drastic change in his behaviour. Now I'm wondering if all the Warwick's are synths. I think there is a mod where you can find synths in your settlements but the only sure way is to save, kill them to find out, load back to before. But I don't want to kill all synths as they might be from the Railroad and I'm Railroad friendly, so I cannot really tell if they are good synths or institute synths. What happened to June Warwick was unexpected and she was off the radar as far as the institute goes or so I thought. Maybe Roger did a coursers job?. Maybe I won't really know until I get inside the institute. It will be interesting to see how this story plays out, its not one that I've seen been done anywhere on Youtube, on Fallout 4 wiki or anywhere else.

BTW after I killed the Courser on the Hunter/Hunted quest I took the Courser outfit, has to be the coolest in the game so far. The Fallout 4 wiki described the coat as similar to Batty's coat in Blade Runner. There's a similarity between the job a Courser does and a Blade Runner, both synthetics hunting synthetics(?)

Fo4Courser Uniform

Image result for blade runner batty coat

Its pretty close, the Fo4 version is tighter fitting and with a smaller collar.

Edited by CityDave

6 hours ago, CityDave said:

Problem settlement -

Warwick Homestead, this was one of the last settlements I started (about 6 weeks ago). I do like the settlements and I've taken the Minutemen path with some Railroad missions and a brief encounter with the BOS, no contact with the Institute (I'm up to bringing the Courser chip to the Railroad) I'm aware that of the Institute and their plans for WH and that Roger Warwick is a synth as his name is on an institute synthfiltration list. But something weird happened last night when I paid a visit. A week ago I did my usual rounds going from settlement to settlement collecting caps and making sure that what ever is stored in the workshop is at a minimum (to minimise attacks from enemies) and fast traveled to Warwick Homestead and as soon as I entered the place the 10 settlers (the 4 Warwick family members plus Cedric Hopkin, Bill Sutton and 4 settlers) were in a panic, Roger Warwick was accusing his wife of being a synth and was going to kill her, wtf!! and everyone was either shouting or crying. I told him to leave her alone and that he has no proof of this and he agreed and walked away. That's your wife ffs!!

All has been well on the last couple of visits until last night when I arrived I went looking for June Warwick to trade with and found her dead lying on the floor next to her bed in her underwear???. I went back out and checked the 5 other core settlers to see what they had to say and they all started talking all at once. Roger talking to his youngest about that he was alright and so was June??. I thought, wait a minute, just want to check something. So I went back into the sleeping quarters and checked June Warwick's inventory and wtf I found a synth component on her??

I was under the impression that only Roger was a synth and that was part of a side quest where June Warwick and Bill Sutton become suspicious of Roger Warwick because of a drastic change in his behaviour. Now I'm wondering if all the Warwick's are synths. I think there is a mod where you can find synths in your settlements but the only sure way is to save, kill them to find out, load back to before. But I don't want to kill all synths as they might be from the Railroad and I'm Railroad friendly, so I cannot really tell if they are good synths or institute synths. What happened to June Warwick was unexpected and she was off the radar as far as the institute goes or so I thought. Maybe Roger did a coursers job?. Maybe I won't really know until I get inside the institute. It will be interesting to see how this story plays out, its not one that I've seen been done anywhere on Youtube, on Fallout 4 wiki or anywhere else.

Are you sure her death isnt just a bug, or coincidence and you're reading too much into it?

5 hours ago, CityDave said:

BTW after I killed the Courser on the Hunter/Hunted quest I took the Courser outfit, has to be the coolest in the game so far. The Fallout 4 wiki described the coat as similar to Batty's coat in Blade Runner. There's a similarity between the job a Courser does and a Blade Runner, both synthetics hunting synthetics(?)

Fo4Courser Uniform

Image result for blade runner batty coat

Its pretty close, the Fo4 version is tighter fitting and with a smaller collar.

I used to give my companion the courser outfit, it does look good. Now I dress them in the Mechanists costume cause its funnier :lol:

Im almost on the point of giving up on this :( I started Nuka world and it started out ok but all the missions seem to be "go find 20 of xxx". I hate those kinds of missions

Just now, Mr X said:

Are you sure her death isnt just a bug, or coincidence and you're reading too much into it?

Could be a bug, it crossed my mind when I first found the body, never heard of this particular one before. There was a synth component on her body, I did not expect that.

Its a bit late to go back and change things anyway, so I'm going to see how this plays out if it does.

It was very strange seeing June Warwick being treated like a stranger by Roger Warwick when he originally accused her of being a synth, it was like she was a regular settler. I thought it would be the other way around with June worried about her husband, Bill Sutton becoming suspicious etc. It was though similar to after an attack by the institution where a synth settler turns on the other settlers during an attack and the dead settler is still lying around long after the bodies of the attackers have been taken out, which would be strange here since the settlement is an institute experiment (Build better Crops). Its just like I've missed the attack and arrived long after. I've only had synthfultration happen a couple of times since I started and I'm already up to level 86.

The game though brilliant does seem full of pretty obvious bugs which Bethesda seem reluctant to do anything about.