Fallout 4

Goran

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

I decided to take on all the raiders of nukaworld last night. Many repairs to power armour but almost cleared them all now..

Quite fun doing that isn't it? 

Only issue is realising how empty it is afterwards.....

Quite fun doing that isn't it? 

Only issue is realising how empty it is afterwards.....

Yes. I went up and turned on the power. Pira was unfortunately collateral damage. But the main town is almost empty. It was shanks fault as well.

Going round in the nuka quantum armour whilst piper is in in the red one.

Just now, weirdcal said:

Yes. I went up and turned on the power. Pira was unfortunately collateral damage. But the main town is almost empty. It was shanks fault as well.

Going round in the nuka quantum armour whilst piper is in in the red one.

I chose the Lone Wanderer perk, reminds me that i need to go around Bradburton to raid it for all the Junk. 

I chose the Lone Wanderer perk, reminds me that i need to go around Bradburton to raid it for all the Junk. 

Got lone wanderer too. Just felt the need to have another there to point at things in the nuka plant and get taken out alot. Oh and to pick up spare power armour
Done most of bradburton. Wish the hotel was open to investigation

Do settlements need to be directly connected in order to share resources? For example if I connect the drive in and the castle both with sanctuary but not with each other, would I be able to access resources stored at the castle from the drive in?

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

Do settlements need to be directly connected in order to share resources? For example if I connect the drive in and the castle both with sanctuary but not with each other, would I be able to access resources stored at the castle from the drive in?

No and yes ... in that order

Yes.
But remember its only junk items that share. Weapons armour etc still remain where you leave them

Starting to accept that I can't go wandering around between missions in this.  I've been getting killed by a pack of 3 or 4 Bloatflys when exploring and must have unloaded about 15 10mm bullets via a modded pistol into a ferrell dog and barely made any impact in its energy bar.  I've been finding this game a bit boring compared to Fallout 3 and Skyrim tbh.

Starting to accept that I can't go wandering around between missions in this.  I've been getting killed by a pack of 3 or 4 Bloatflys when exploring and must have unloaded about 15 10mm bullets via a modded pistol into a ferrell dog and barely made any impact in its energy bar.  I've been finding this game a bit boring compared to Fallout 3 and Skyrim tbh.

What level are you? Make sure you take full advantage of scavenging and weapons mods. I was struggling then started upgrading my weapons and armour and it was alot easier after that!

1 hour ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Are you playing on survival?

One of the younger boys I work beside on a Sunday recommended going to Diamond City first and doing missions there.  That's made a big difference, I've got that female reporter as a partner,I chose the gun nut and armoury perk for my next 2 level ups and a couple of the missions, particularly the paint/hardware store one got me a lot of screws/adhesives etc to mod my guns and armour to a decent level.  I'm roaming around the wasteland no problem now.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished all the settlements bar Boston Airport and Spectacle Island (claimed). Not touched Greygarden either although claimed. Didn't realise if you went down the Railroad route you would need safe houses for the rescued synths or refugees from the institute when it gets destroyed so might have made a mistake there.

So having a bit of a break from that and the main storyline, having a wander around the map collecting mags, comics and the remaining bobbleheads, good fun. I'm on level 72 and have still to visit Virgil in the Glowing Sea. I shall do that one at some point next week, but also wanting to improve my settlements now that I'm better at it.

Also looking more into the background stories and history of the commonwealth since the bomb dropped, some tragic stuff like the Quincy massacre. Hadn't realised I had already avenged Quincy by killing all the Gunners there some weeks back.

Also finding out more about synth infiltration and spies. I see that some gamers were happily eliminating synths from their settlements, now this might not be a good thing as many synths might be harmless (rescued by the railroad) and there might only be a few institute sleeper cells among the human settlers. I wouldn't mind finding out though who is who, but I wouldn't kill them off like some do. Give them a certain hat or put them in clothing making them easily identifiable so you can keep track of them.

Spies - Have heard the eyes everywhere (the watchers) conversation so know about the synth ravens and where they might be and also aware that most of the caravaners are spies, Carla, Cricket, Lukas and that Doc are all working for the institute. Might go into Michael Corlene mode and eliminate them all just before taking down the institute. Though the Battle of Bunker Hill might do that work for me anyway.

I'm away to restart it. Reached level 80 but I've done all missions, only left with rebuilding bases, and the generic railroad synth Location and Minutemen settlement aid ones.