Fallout 4

Goran

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I used to give my companion the courser outfit, it does look good. Now I dress them in the Mechanists costume cause its funnier :lol:

Im almost on the point of giving up on this :( I started Nuka world and it started out ok but all the missions seem to be "go find 20 of xxx". I hate those kinds of missions

I'm still far behind. When I get to Nuka World I'll probably be against all the raiders because I spent so much time on the settlements, building up the Minutemen and my character is a good guy who cares. I'll just try and avoid helping the Raiders if possible and probably have to kill all of them eventually. I'll see if I can do Nuka World in the style of either Mad Max or Riddick.

Yeah I would avoid going through all that carry and fetch shit all over again, it takes up too much time, the original Fo4 is enough and I've got other games lined up. Just either turn on them suddenly when you have to take over your own settlements again or set each group against each other so that in the end it sets Nuka World up to be settled.

So I've just finished killing the forge at Saugus ironworks and I'm on my way back to finch farm, when who do I meet but Preston Harvey. Turns out it wasn't Preston, but an impersonator! When I challenged him he ran away so I killed him, thinking he was a synth but when I searched him he seemed human. Wtf?

1 hour ago, bazdons said:

So I've just finished killing the forge at Saugus ironworks and I'm on my way back to finch farm, when who do I meet but Preston Harvey. Turns out it wasn't Preston, but an impersonator! When I challenged him he ran away so I killed him, thinking he was a synth but when I searched him he seemed human. Wtf?

It's a random encounter, I've never had it, it's someone pretending to be him for caps. :lol:

It's a random encounter, I've never had it, it's someone pretending to be him for caps. :lol:

It was a weird one. I was in 2 minds over whether to kill him or no. I feel bad now I know he was just a chancer. Doing survival run through now so I'm seeing loads more wee things like this since I have to walk everywhere.

Worst thing is when you run into the guy chasing the synth version of him. I ended up running into both of them while scavenging an abandoned house. Walked in and one of them was on their knees with the other holding a gun to their head.

Absolutely no idea what to do, so naturally I fired a Fat Man at them.

Worst thing is when you run into the guy chasing the synth version of him. I ended up running into both of them while scavenging an abandoned house. Walked in and one of them was on their knees with the other holding a gun to their head.

Shoot the fucker on his knees every time.

You get a synth component to sell, gets you some money.

If in doubt nuke em! You haven't just been elected president of America have you?

Mods can now be used on the ps4. They can only contain assets already in the game so won't be as impressive as xbox one or pc. There is already around 200 mods available and the number is increasing quickly.

Looked put a few to download later on. One to increase the vegetation across the Commonwealth, another that allows you to craft anything that is in the game and a couple that add interiors to some of the boarded up houses.

Problem settlement -

Warwick Homestead, this was one of the last settlements I started (about 6 weeks ago). I do like the settlements and I've taken the Minutemen path with some Railroad missions and a brief encounter with the BOS, no contact with the Institute (I'm up to bringing the Courser chip to the Railroad) I'm aware that of the Institute and their plans for WH and that Roger Warwick is a synth as his name is on an institute synthfiltration list. But something weird happened last night when I paid a visit. A week ago I did my usual rounds going from settlement to settlement collecting caps and making sure that what ever is stored in the workshop is at a minimum (to minimise attacks from enemies) and fast traveled to Warwick Homestead and as soon as I entered the place the 10 settlers (the 4 Warwick family members plus Cedric Hopkin, Bill Sutton and 4 settlers) were in a panic, Roger Warwick was accusing his wife of being a synth and was going to kill her, wtf!! and everyone was either shouting or crying. I told him to leave her alone and that he has no proof of this and he agreed and walked away. That's your wife ffs!!

All has been well on the last couple of visits until last night when I arrived I went looking for June Warwick to trade with and found her dead lying on the floor next to her bed in her underwear???. I went back out and checked the 5 other core settlers to see what they had to say and they all started talking all at once. Roger talking to his youngest about that he was alright and so was June??. I thought, wait a minute, just want to check something. So I went back into the sleeping quarters and checked June Warwick's inventory and wtf I found a synth component on her??

I was under the impression that only Roger was a synth and that was part of a side quest where June Warwick and Bill Sutton become suspicious of Roger Warwick because of a drastic change in his behaviour. Now I'm wondering if all the Warwick's are synths. I think there is a mod where you can find synths in your settlements but the only sure way is to save, kill them to find out, load back to before. But I don't want to kill all synths as they might be from the Railroad and I'm Railroad friendly, so I cannot really tell if they are good synths or institute synths. What happened to June Warwick was unexpected and she was off the radar as far as the institute goes or so I thought. Maybe Roger did a coursers job?. Maybe I won't really know until I get inside the institute. It will be interesting to see how this story plays out, its not one that I've seen been done anywhere on Youtube, on Fallout 4 wiki or anywhere else.

Vats them. If they have lightning bolt then usually its a synth

On 19/11/2016 at 00:11, weirdcal said:

Vats them. If they have lightning bolt then usually its a synth

You can't tell from using the awareness perk, the synth component doesn't show up since clothing can effect the damage resistance, so the only sure way is to quicksave-kill-check inventory-load go back. If you remove all the clothing from the settler your V.A.T.S still can't detect if that settler is a synth. Maybe try an experiment to see for yourself?

There are a couple of mods that can be used to detect synth settlers.

On 17/11/2016 at 21:57, RandomGuy. said:

That didn't end well for both of them. I take it this is the character Art, yeah I've seen them fight about three locations around the commonweath. This final one was at a Red Rocket gas station the two of them kicked of so, Cait and the Vault Dweller just stood and watched to see how it would go. Unfortunately one of them shot Cait by accident and she went into attack mode and killed him. Next thing some mirelurks started attacking everyone so during that three way battle I went over to check dead Art and I found he was the human. Unlucky Art, R.I.P.

........shot his synth copy in the face with a .44, blew his head clean off (ref Dirty Harry). I suppose I had to.

OK so you know in my game June Warwick died because of some glitch, now I can't do any Atom Cats missions because of it !! :angry:

Outstanding:thumsup2

1. press @ to bring up the console
2. point your mouse at the dead npc
3. type: resurrect

NPC should come back to life

It worked....welcome back June.

Edited by CityDave

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Does Cait get any less nasty when you get her off the skag? Did the mission at vault 95 to get her clean but I haven't had a chance to see if it changes her winning personality.

She doesn't approve of you taking drugs, but is still as selfish as f**k.

14 hours ago, CityDave said:

OK so you know in my game June Warwick died because of some glitch, now I can't do any Atom Cats missions because of it !! :angry:

Outstanding:thumsup2

1. press @ to bring up the console
2. point your mouse at the dead npc
3. type: resurrect

NPC should come back to life

It worked....welcome back June.

<pedant>Its ~ that opens the console, not @</pedant>

;)

Edited by Mr X

Brought back to life all the former inhabitants of Covenant (apart from the guy on the door who did the synth test he ran away when the fighting started). Can't build any defences for the settlement as the turrets turn on the former now new inhabitants, so they will have to do with out. Brought in a couple of settlers to help with the small crop. They seem to be the only ones who are working, the resurrected settlers don't know what to do with themselves they just stand around looking bored.....no caravans to rob nor anyone to mess with their heads over synths. I'll leave them to it, come back in a couple of weeks to see if they are still alive.

Found the body of Henry Cooke and brought him back to life, just to see what he does to those lying scumbags the Pembrokes.

She doesn't approve of you taking drugs, but is still as selfish as f**k.

That's annoying. Her attitude when doing settlement missions is shite. You'd have thought that having received help to get clean and hating raiders she'd be happy to see me slaughter them.

Oh well. Just need to stick with Piper and Curie.

13 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

That's annoying. Her attitude when doing settlement missions is shite. You'd have thought that having received help to get clean and hating raiders she'd be happy to see me slaughter them.

Oh well. Just need to stick with Piper and Curie.

I tend to have her as a main companion, sometimes she is funny and less tedious than the others and most of all hard as f**k, plus she doesn't mind the hacking, stealing and lock picking, but you need to switch your companions around to avoid the dislikes and hates.

Getting into your power armour you instantly get a dislike from Strong for example.

Best thing to do also is not have all your companions in the same place. I split them between Sanctuary, Red Rocket and the Castle. Moving Preston to the Castle was the best thing I've done, less missions to help settlements to side track you away from the main story and it doesn't do them any harm since most are OTT with defenses. I didn't mind doing those as missions mean loot, but it was taking so long and I need to get further on in the game.

Last night I was at Diamond City annoying the snobs up in the restaurant above the market and using the sarcastic option on them, lots of likes from Cait. It was funny.