Fallout 4

Goran

Aye I'm probably going to side with the Railroad. I'm not overly convinced by many aspects of the story but I do like that all of the factions are as "good" as each other and are instead dependent on what you personally support.

Need some weapon crafting help.

I've read that if you transfer your mods to the workbench you can apply them to other weapons without using resources to craft the mod. It doesnt seem to work for me. Anyone know if this is true or if I need to do anything special to make it happen?

Went back to the main mission after spending countless hours looking for missing cats, retrieving some strange serum for a weird scientist and clearing out places for that arsehole Knight Rhys.

Thought I'd possibly over-leveled, started the Hunter/Hunted mission at level 32. The courser absolutely destroyed me!! So no, not over-leveled at all.

Eventually had to mini-nuke him to the face. McCready was a huge help too

After clearing out the gunners, I walked into the top floor and spoke to the courser and initiated a self destruct sequence, no bullets were fired that day.

^ that would be a game changer if true

It was posted on the Fallout 4 facebook page

This week’s ‪#‎TuesdayTips‬ will be covering Weapon Modifying and Crafting. Pack some punch while roaming the Wasteland with these helpful hints:

Adding the ‘bottomless’ mod to the Laser Musket is an amazingly strange experience. You can crank the weapon as much as you like, but no matter how much you crank it, it will fire that amount of cells, and shoot an equal damage of that many shots. I.e, cranking up to 100, and having 100 cells – It will fire all 100 in one massive shot. Enjoy!

Put a hyphen or space at the beginning of the name (ie, -gun name), and those weapons will default to the top of the list in your pip-boy. By also renaming weapons to say their ammo type at the beginning, this will be helpful for weapon and ammo management.

When you upgrade a weapon, the current mod will be placed in your inventory. If you transfer all mods to your workbench, if you put that upgrade on another weapon, it will use the mod before crafting a new one.

You can salvage weapon sights by modifying the weapon with the no sights attachment, which costs no resources to make.

If a gun/armour has a mod you can't build, you can still swap the mod out and install it on another weapon.

Have some tips to share? Mention them in the comments!

What’s the best Weapon you’ve crafted so far?

I should say 'attach mod' on the crafting screen.

Doesnt seem too :unsure: Edited by Mr X

Need some weapon crafting help.

I've read that if you transfer your mods to the workbench you can apply them to other weapons without using resources to craft the mod. It doesnt seem to work for me. Anyone know if this is true or if I need to do anything special to make it happen?

I'm fairly sure you can only have each mod for the certain weapon. e.g. If you find a 10m pistol with a night vision scope, you could craft a new standard sight for that weapon and then attach the scope to your current 10m pistol which may have other mods on it. I don't think you could put that scope on say a sniper rifle.

So I discovered Dunwich Borers last night. That was fucking freaky, anyone want to take a guess what was going on?

The weapon at the end of that is a beast. I was slaughtering Deathclaws with ease.

I'm fairly sure you can only have each mod for the certain weapon. e.g. If you find a 10m pistol with a night vision scope, you could craft a new standard sight for that weapon and then attach the scope to your current 10m pistol which may have other mods on it. I don't think you could put that scope on say a sniper rifle.

Try removing the mod off the gun first by changing it to another mod, pick the gun you want to put the mod on, go to the mod you've just removed, then there should be an option to attach the mod.

That's what I do.

You're both right. The mods only apply to the same weapon and you cant have the mod you crafted on two weapons, unless you craft it twice. You can remove it from one and transfer to another though

Standing on the USS constitution earlier today, looked over the stern to see 2 deathclaws murdering a group of Minutemen. I decided to stay on the boat and leave them to get on with it.