Fallout 4

Goran

Is upgrading the parts the same as upgrading weapons and armour?

I always seem to struggle for aluminium.

You use the same materials yeah, works the same same as weapons. And for Aluminium there is a factory in the top right corner of the map were you can get 50-70 aluminium per run

I'm on my second play through. I've got into the institute and I'm wanting to go in a different direction than the first time (originally went with the railroad) and go with the Minutemen. Thing is I've barely had anything to do with them the whole game, no quests, helping settlements and Preston just doesn't have any interaction at all. I can't figure out how to do anything with them, or am I just too far gone?

Level 27 now, side missions are stacking up, feel like i'll never finish the main mission. 

my game time is 7 days, 12 hours and I only just bothered my arse to finish it.

went with BOS - two behemoths got in the way of LP, one got nuked in the face, one decapitated

Power armour? Yes.

You should find loads of power armour suits around the place though. I think I've got 9

Didn't realise they took power cores at the start. Ran out of juice so had to abandon it in the middle of nowhere. Early on in the game so got killed a shitload.

Power armour ruins the game, imo.

I'm not sure I agree. Now that I've got settlements bringing money in I find that buying the fusion cores ensures you don't end up with far too much money. I find a lot of great "balancing" like that in this game and I think it adds to it.

I'm at level 33 and have started to do things a different way. I've made every mission active and now I'm just walking around and refusing to fast travel. I'm not even looking at the map - if I come across a mission I'll do it, if I end up back at a settlement I'll have a look to see what it needs.

Power armour ruins the game, imo.

This.  I've finished the game and the Automatron DLC and probably spent no more than half an hour in power armour.  For visits to the glowing sea, a hazmat suit works just as well at a fraction of the weight.

I actually dislike power armour.

I'm not sure I agree. Now that I've got settlements bringing money in I find that buying the fusion cores ensures you don't end up with far too much money. I find a lot of great "balancing" like that in this game and I think it adds to it.

I'm at level 33 and have started to do things a different way. I've made every mission active and now I'm just walking around and refusing to fast travel. I'm not even looking at the map - if I come across a mission I'll do it, if I end up back at a settlement I'll have a look to see what it needs.

Buying power cores doesn't balance it from a money point of view either. Depends on your build but I'm always rolling in caps, pre war money, and ammo (which is the best kind of currency anyway). Very rarely after about level 2 in the caps and ammo perks did I ever come away from a shop money down even after buying legendary weapons and armour. 

Buying power cores doesn't balance it from a money point of view either. Depends on your build but I'm always rolling in caps, pre war money, and ammo (which is the best kind of currency anyway). Very rarely after about level 2 in the caps and ammo perks did I ever come away from a shop money down even after buying legendary weapons and armour.

Pipe guns are fucking useless, but I collect as much ammo as possible for them. I've ended up paying 4000 odd caps for legendary armour/weapons and covered the cost entirely in that shitty .38 ammo. It's so common, and it's 1:1 in caps.

This game is the dugs. I'm level 53 and still haven't been to the institute. Every time I set off and do a mission I spend the next hour exploring and collecting things for screws,aluminium and any other stuff I need to craft stuff. I have the alien blaster,a 4 barrel radiation dealing missile launcher,an mirv fatman and countless other weapons,but a fully upgraded exploding 10mm pistol is amazing for rapid fire damage.

Maybe my expectations are skewed after the last of us but nick valentine is the only npc that I haven't wanted to shoot in the face and Ive pretty much forgot that I've a son I'm meant to be looking for.

Edited by ALJAGS76

I don't think I've ever bought a fusion core, I've got tons of them.

Make sure not to run them right down. They're worth the same amount when selling no matter how much charge is left.

Scavenging stations are good for junk materials you need

If you have done the mechanist lair there is a blueprint for an eyebot pod that you build and it locates material, ammo and cores etc - build it, pick what you want and it will give you a misc quest to fetch what you want

You use the same materials yeah, works the same same as weapons. And for Aluminium there is a factory in the top right corner of the map were you can get 50-70 aluminium per run

The fishery place? Just looted that place but the stuff won't be there next time, will it?

Scavenging stations are good for junk materials you need

If you have done the mechanist lair there is a blueprint for an eyebot pod that you build and it locates material, ammo and cores etc - build it, pick what you want and it will give you a misc quest to fetch what you want

That's cracking :)