Fallout 4

Goran

Tried to take the castle and some legendary glowing mirelurk appeared and absolutely destroyed me. Every type of ammo barely scratched it. Anyone beat it? Only level 14 at the moment, gonna head back to it after some easier missions.

A bottlecap mine to cripple it's legs will sort you out.

r.e. the mirelurk queen, keep moving about the castle walls and hitting it with a couple of nukes from a fatman. On my second play through and I'm sure there was a fatman in the castle somewhere the first time round.

The mirelurk Queen? Most people struggle with that, particularly at lower levels. Mines, big guns and running away are your friends.

Nah the mirelurk queen isn't the problem its this wee glowing version of your standard mirelurk thats the real b*****d. My guy is too slow to outrun it and it keeps mutating and regaining its health if your anywhere near beating it. Minutemen just sit back and laugh as sole survivor is being ridden by an oversized crab.

Nah the mirelurk queen isn't the problem its this wee glowing version of your standard mirelurk thats the real b*****d. My guy is too slow to outrun it and it keeps mutating and regaining its health if your anywhere near beating it. Minutemen just sit back and laugh as sole survivor is being ridden by an oversized crab.

I dont remember there being a legendary glowing mirelurk when I did it  :unsure2:

Does any know what the Eddie Winter holotapes are all about?

I can't remember if it's random or a generated quest, but each holotape opens up a new spot, generally a police station, on the map.

It's Eddie Valentine's loyalty quest. I'd found all but one of them before I got him to tag along with me and like me enough to spill the beans.

It's Eddie Valentine's loyalty quest. I'd found all but one of them before I got him to tag along with me and like me enough to spill the beans.

Disappointing ending, I thought. The loot you got wasnt really worth the hassle of the quest

Edited by Mr X

Tried to take the castle and some legendary glowing mirelurk appeared and absolutely destroyed me. Every type of ammo barely scratched it. Anyone beat it? Only level 14 at the moment, gonna head back  to it after some easier missions.

Fat Man/Mini Nuke will sort that out.

I'm taking a few days break from Fallout as I bought Division, but will be back to it soon.

You can say that about almost any mission. The Dunwich Borers one was by far the worst.

Not really, some had decent loot at the end. The amount of effort expended finding all the tapes was disproportionate to the reward at the end.

Dunwich Borers was a lot easier

I found the Dunwich Borers mission one of the better ones actually, as at least they tried to put something into the quest other than "go here-kill this-come back for reward".  Found myself more drawn into that one than most other missions.  It's just a shame that there aren't more like that - there's a few towards the end that were written out as full, storied quests, but the vast majority I find myself doing are just the bland radiant quests to keep you busy.

I'm nearing the end now I think...

Decided to side with the Railroad, so got to the point where I'm in charge of the Institute and tasked with killing Desdemona.  Wasn't going to do that, so was told to keep working for Father.  Luckily I checked online - I assumed you'd get called back when ready, but you had to go back to the Institute to trigger the rest.  Finally got the Railway Rifle, which was great fun for firing at the BoS goons that attacked.  Nice little quest on the Prydwyn, and a great explosion at the end of it, and now I must have just the one quest left - taking down the Institute.  To be honest, it'll be quite good to finally finish the game in a way - I've enjoyed it, but feels like a missed opportunity in a lot of places.

I found the Dunwich Borers mission one of the better ones actually, as at least they tried to put something into the quest other than "go here-kill this-come back for reward".  Found myself more drawn into that one than most other missions.  It's just a shame that there aren't more like that - there's a few towards the end that were written out as full, storied quests, but the vast majority I find myself doing are just the bland radiant quests to keep you busy.

I'm nearing the end now I think...

Decided to side with the Railroad, so got to the point where I'm in charge of the Institute and tasked with killing Desdemona.  Wasn't going to do that, so was told to keep working for Father.  Luckily I checked online - I assumed you'd get called back when ready, but you had to go back to the Institute to trigger the rest.  Finally got the Railway Rifle, which was great fun for firing at the BoS goons that attacked.  Nice little quest on the Prydwyn, and a great explosion at the end of it, and now I must have just the one quest left - taking down the Institute.  To be honest, it'll be quite good to finally finish the game in a way - I've enjoyed it, but feels like a missed opportunity in a lot of places.

Maybe we're talking about different things. The only quest Ive done at Dunwcih Borers is a Minutemen clear out

Maybe we're talking about different things. The only quest Ive done at Dunwcih Borers is a Minutemen clear out

Ah, sorry, my mistake.  It wasn't a quest.  Actually, that's quite an odd thing too - they put a hell of a lot of story into the area compared to others, but you're right, they didn't actually surround it in a quest.  Weird.

Ah, sorry, my mistake.  It wasn't a quest.  Actually, that's quite an odd thing too - they put a hell of a lot of story into the area compared to others, but you're right, they didn't actually surround it in a quest.  Weird.

It was an H.P. Lovecraft tribute

You can say that about almost any mission. The Dunwich Borers one was by far the worst.

Dunwich Borers is tremendous, once you enter the mines (the mines!) of course. And the loots worth it, especially if you're doing a melee build

Dunwich Borers is tremendous, once you enter the mines (the mines!) of course. And the loots worth it, especially if you're doing a melee build

Not really. It promises something then just turns out to be a bunch of ghouls. Wow.

Not really. It promises something then just turns out to be a bunch of ghouls. Wow.

Did you just reach the bottom then leave without exploring?  :lol: