Fallout 4

Goran

I've never played any games from this series. What can I expect?

An impressive hard-on.

Fallout games are right up there in my top 2 or 3 games series. Although they're set in a post apocalyptic wasteland, the locations, characters and events seem real. Bethesda cram a shit ton of atmosphere into fallout games and I've found them to be the most immersive open worlds I've played in.

Fallout 3 is by far my favourite game of all time. I'd seen it and hadn't fancied it.

A couple of guys I worked with talked about the moment you get outside for the first time and how it just keeps unfolding in front of you. I was interested and I remember my GF at the time (now my wife) went and bought it for me.

She even played it first, however once I got a go and found out all about it I was sold. She never got back on it, however quote enjoyed watching me play (I've never got that, I find it boring watching others play games!)

Brilliant game, just brilliant. It's imperfections actually made it better too.

Cannot wait for this.

Currently working through Fallout 3 for first time and it really is a great game. So well put together. Recently did the weird mission at Tranquility Lane which I absolutely loved.

Creepy as all f**k, that mission.

I can't remember if they're are two ways of finishing this but the best way and only way I've done it is when you go into the wee creepy hut you do a certain pattern with all the items and it brings out a terminal which you can simulate the Chinese army invading and they jump out and start killing everyone. Very fun to watch. Automatically gets you out as well.

Pretty sure you do that instead of murdering everyone

I can't remember if they're are two ways of finishing this but the best way and only way I've done it is when you go into the wee creepy hut you do a certain pattern with all the items and it brings out a terminal which you can simulate the Chinese army invading and they jump out and start killing everyone. Very fun to watch. Automatically gets you out as well.

Pretty sure you do that instead of murdering everyone

Yeah the Chinese army thing is like a failsafe within the whole program and using it kills the other users permanently. However it's the good option because it's effectively a mercy killing as your freeing those people from Dr. Braun. I'm fairly sure the other method involves jumping through increasingly psychotic hoops for Braun until he gets bored of you and eventually lets both you and your Dad leave.

Yeah the Chinese army thing is like a failsafe within the whole program and using it kills the other users permanently. However it's the good option because it's effectively a mercy killing as your freeing those people from Dr. Braun. I'm fairly sure the other method involves jumping through increasingly psychotic hoops for Braun until he gets bored of you and eventually lets both you and your Dad leave.

Yip. Ended with me killing all the residents.

Couple of wee things spotted.

Max level will likely be 50 which is a lot higher than Fallout 3.

you get to play some time in 2077 (pre-war) in a prologue sort of level

Yeah, that was in the E3 video. You start off outside the vault, go into the vault then, somehow, end up 200 years in the future when you come out.

I've taken the 10th to the 16th of November off of work #pleasing.

Good thinking, plenty of time to write up a good complaint letter when they push it back 6 weeks.

The dog running out of the house after it was at the cot was crummy. Im hoping for much bigger things from this as i got the feeling after playing umpteen hours on the previous games (and skyrim) that was it all worth it? after collecting thousands of bottle caps, one by fucking one that i just stopped playing it one day.

Id never seen anything like these games before and was blown away by the size of the world and the freedom to roam but expectations are now raised

Id like engaging quests, locations with more substance. Surprises!

Like the guy in new vegas who comes running up to you for help rescuing his girl trapped up the hill. I had a glitch in mine that meant when i came back down the hill he drew his gun and just stood there allowing me to punch him to death.

So more unexpected and better interactions will do nicely.

The size of the world is great and the scenery will be improved no doubt but needs something more.

You cant please everyone all of the time. I cant think of any game that would match you demands, The game has added the ability to create your own towns (yes multiple towns where you can run brahman caravans between) which you defend,create farms and power generators which can power defenses. Over 50 base guns which you can modify to become you own unique weapons, you can modify your battle armour to your needs, a huge map ( x3 the size of skyrim i think) and of course you have a main mission with a shit ton of side missions.

If this isnt open world enough for you then i dont know what possibly could be. I did think there would be some hipsters trying to act like they werent impressed though.

Edited by DensParkNumber1

He didn't actually criticise the game for any of that. He asked for better quests and engagement. Map markers for 'go here, kill that' kinda stuff. A bit more genuine surprise, variety and maybe a bit of deception would be good.

If this game could hurry up please! Seems far too long a wait at the moment. Would love to go back and work through Fallout 3 and New Vegas in the meantime but I only own a ps4 now so I will just have to wait.

You cant please everyone all of the time. I cant think of any game that would match you demands, The game has added the ability to create your own towns (yes multiple towns where you can run brahman caravans between) which you defend,create farms and power generators which can power defenses. Over 50 base guns which you can modify to become you own unique weapons, you can modify your battle armour to your needs, a huge map ( x3 the size of skyrim i think) and of course you have a main mission with a shit ton of side missions.

If this isnt open world enough for you then i dont know what possibly could be. I did think there would be some hipsters trying to act like they werent impressed though.

He didn't actually criticise the game for any of that. He asked for better quests and engagement. Map markers for 'go here, kill that' kinda stuff. A bit more genuine surprise, variety and maybe a bit of deception would be good.

Yup, and it's a totally valid request. Skyrim was particularly guilty of this, boasting of a "never-ending" amount of quests. Sounded great on the face of it, but in the end they're just a variation on the theme of "go here, kill that". That will get old after a time, and you don't need to be a "hipster" to realise that.

If they can put as much effort as Projekt Red have in their quest design, then that would be great. They're clearly capable, as throughout their games Bethesda have written brilliant quests, but seems like they limit them and then just put in filler to boost the playtime.

Of course, all the extra stuff around that could lessen the impact of generic quests. Remains to be seen.

Should be fine to pick up and play but you should play at least Fallout 3 and New Vegas anyway.

Only Fallout one and two were properly linked. There's generally mentions to things that have happened in the fallout world, but nothing that's key to driving the story.